It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware the Shill-Troll Provocateurs and Time Thieves

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well, that sounds a tad echo-chamber_ish as well now.

If said investigation turns out to be as easily debunked as you've said, then there's no good reason to avoid a factual debate in the first place. Any lack of intellectual honesty is only more muddy water on the shilly mills...

Analyze the way certain topics transpire on ATS and compare that with the list from the OP. It doesn't cover half of all tactics various actors apply. At the end of the day everyone is a paid shill for a more or less personal agenda, different amounts of payment included. PR-management is just another #ty dayjob after all.
Depending on how we act, this could be our non-emotionalized echo-chamber of mutual respect, if you will. That and fun with them stiffs on both sides, of course.

#shillylifesmatter

I mean c'mon folks, it's damage control after all! The damage is already done and if you're too concerned about spin-docs, then there's something wrong with your trust in the truth. Does the moon care when dogs bark?

Greetings from all points of the try-angle!

PubOps
Shill of the unshilled

edit on 12-12-2016 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
a reply to: FlukeSkywalker
I find your view very childish and immature......

OR perhaps my view is the truth and far beyond anything you're willing to accept or fully comprehend.

You believe the reality you find yourself in is the truth and as part of that truth, sacrifice is necessary. Hardships, struggle, limitation, sacrifice. All lies and part of an existence that was created/manipulated to force the people who are part of it to make decisions based on the "fake" limitation. Balances, rules, game play.

The more people who start to wake up to what I believe is the truth, the less sacrifice will be necessary to be safe, loved, etc. There will be no such thing as war, "real" loss, or sacrifice because you won't be able to hurt anyone physically, mentally, or emotionally. It's not even possible in the true...true...reality.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
Well, that sounds a tad echo-chamber_ish as well now.

It probably sounds that way to you because you are not reading what I wrote.

If said investigation turns out to be as easily debunked as you've said...

See above. Where did I say 'easily debunked'?

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Well, sacrifice to eliminate evil? Then you my achieve your dreams. As when the sheep and wolf will live in harmony?

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Yeah. The gaps in language, people tend to read different things in stuff others write. Welcome to the story of my life! That's why I tend to read between the lines, literally spoken.

Also, it doesn't really matter if it's easily debunked or not, if you'd care to catch the drift. And no, I didn't state you've said so. Shill out, comrade mason! The public opinion will be swayed, everything is fine.

Now that was a tad too shilly again, wasn't it? I'm kidding, am I? Cheer up and have a great time!

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Yeah. The gaps in language, people tend to read different things in stuff others write.

I tend to write very directly so people do not misconstrue what I am saying. If there is a question on what I meant please let me know.

And no, I didn't state you've said so.

Actually, you did:

If said investigation turns out to be as easily debunked as you've said...

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneGoal
a reply to: Sahabi

In the past there were members posting personal allusions about other members and personal stuff about those member's lives. Why is it that they are protected and allowed to do this?

Well, it is against the Terms & Conditions, and I can not answer your "Why", because I am in the same boat as everyone else. I don't want to get into that discussion, because that would also be a violation of T&C by dragging members' names into a speculative discussion.

I think that any sacrifice, even one for the common and greater good, should be a sacrifice stemming from the free-will of each individual. When we are forced into a sacrifice, it is no longer a sacrifice, but instead, a form of subjugation and control.

a reply to: tigertatzen

You touched upon a ton of psychological aspects of social culture. I'd hate to sound the pessimist, but we might be forever plagued with some level of herd/pack/mob mentality, blind followers, head-in-the-sand ignoramuses, instigators, liars, and attention seekers.

It surely is a shame when fantasy and speculation are thrust into the "real world" with negative intents and outcomes. Shame, shame, shame indeed!

a reply to: Plotus

Great points! A little research and fact-checking can go a long way.

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

While I do not doubt there are paid trolls on many sites the only blatantly obvious examples of trolling/shilling are when posters plug their own sites to generate revenue.

That "marketing" technique does help reveal vested motives and intents.

originally posted by: PaidShill
I don't know. I personally think everyone here is on the up and up.

That's very optimistic of you!

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Odd, this post sent a notification to my inbox even thought it was not me.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I had some formatting issues. You're included!

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Ah, gotcha, yes I do agree it reveals intent, which is about the only time you can tell who is doing it for the money.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

There's a big IF, I was merely alluding to another thought with a hypothetical reference. That doesn't imply anything else than the use of an overstatement to illustrate a thoroughly hypothetical situation, in which it was 'easily debunked' as you've said (even in case it wasn't and the irony possibly jumped straight at you).

Granted, a few inverted comma would've been of help.
Thanks again and sorry for any inconvenience!

edit on 12-12-2016 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

...in which it was 'easily debunked' as you've said...

I never used the words 'easily debunked'.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Of course you didn't, that's the overstatement on my part. The one without inverted comma in dire need for more precision in light satire, ya know.
Honesty matters, I'm good with that. And now, since this sidenote seems to be the only point raising an eyebrow on your side of the monitor, I'm actually more than good in a devious way (all puns intended). Cheers to that as well!

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
a reply to: tigertatzen

I don't disagree with you. Flat Earh for example. People will argue tooth and nail. I don't think it's paid trolls as pointed out.

In the case of "Flat Earth" or "chemtrails", I think that some (not all) of the people on ATS linking to YouTube channels that are pushing those conspiracy are people who post only to try to get ATS members to visit or subscribe to their YouTube channel. I think some of these people may not even believe that the Earth is Flat or that the puffy lines behind planes are the chemical being sprayed for nefarious intentions. I think some of them only create those YouTube channels as click-bait to pander to the people who do believe in those conspiracies.

They see $$$ among some of the more fervent conspiracy believers (such as flat-earth believers) and make threads in order to lure them to make their YouTube channels look more attractive to internet advertising.

So while those people are not the same a paid government shills, there are similarities in as much as the only reason they post to ATS is to advertise their click-bait material to potential conspiracy-believing consumers.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join