It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't FEC go after Donald Trump for several documented regulations breaches?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Sources close to Donald Trump are claiming that Chris Christie was turning down multiple offers in the Trump Administration because he "was holding out for Attorney General, a post he had been promised"

www.cnn.com...

If this is true, it's yet another example of a direct breach of FEC regulations surrounding elections.

"(b) Promise of appointment by candidate: 18 U.S.C. § 599
This statute prohibits a candidate for federal office from promising appointments “to any public or private position or employment” in return for “support in his candidacy.” It is one of the few federal criminal laws specifically addressing campaign-related activity by candidates. "

This is a minor news story right now, and will probably remain so. It seems that the Federal Election Commission doesn't want to investigate several serious breaches that occurred during Trump's campaign, including

Eric Trump having direct contact with a pro Trump Super PAC (he made a speech at a fundraising dinner). FEC rules SPECIFICALLY ban contact between people working for the campaign and Super PACs.

Solicitation of funds from representatives of a foreign Government (the campaign emailed every British MP asking for a donation)

Nigel Farage, head of UKIP, spoke at several campaign rallies. It's a breach of FEC rules to have foreign nationals donating to or supporting the campaign in any way.

These were all DOCUMENTED and fully covered by the media at the time they happened, but the FEC seems extremely reluctant to go after Trump for any of this. WHY ?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies

It seems that the Federal Election Commission doesn't want to investigate several serious breaches that occurred during Trump's campaign, including

Your source doesn't support anything you posted after "was holding out for Attorney General, a post he had been promised"

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

I don't know. But if they are anything like the responses you will get in this thread...then I know why.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: EightAhoy

originally posted by: babybunnies

It seems that the Federal Election Commission doesn't want to investigate several serious breaches that occurred during Trump's campaign, including

Your source doesn't support anything you posted after "was holding out for Attorney General, a post he had been promised"

I am pretty sure the OP can just edit for the FEC rule. Doesn't look like something someone would make up.

edit: US Code 599
edit on 11-12-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Nothing will happen. The Trump administration will most likely be unbelievably corrupt but the Republican congress won't give a damn about it.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

CNN loves their 'unnamed' sources.

I am sure this is factual and there is no propaganda being pushed.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: EightAhoy

"Solicitation of funds from representatives of a foreign Government (the campaign emailed every British MP asking for a donation)"

This one is old news, it was on ATS before.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Fair game, assuming they're going to also go after Hillary for all she's 'worth' in this regard.

Think fast: Who here would bet their life that Trump would be in deeper FEC trouble than Clinton if all the cards were shown??
edit on 11-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Neither of my sources were CNN to add to the OP. Cornell.edu and independent.co.uk

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Fair game, assuming they're going to also go after Hillary for all she's 'worth' in this regard.

Think fast: Who here would bet their life that Trump would be in deeper FEC trouble than Clinton if all the cards were shown??

Me. I would bet. Especially with all the involvement of Trump's large family and how funds were moved around.

Obviously, I don't like Trump. I have never been a Hillbot, though. I am almost 100% certain Trump has messed up more, either through stupidity or on purpose.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
CNN LOL! One of the biggest Fake News sites out there. After their performance during the election, I am surprised anyone even tries to use them as a source.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: stosh64

Neither of my sources were CNN to add to the OP. Cornell.edu and independent.co.uk

CNN covered it, so it's fake. Same goes with Hurricane Matthew. I don't know if you know this, but that was covered by CNN, and was fake, it never even happened! Sandy Hook was covered on CNN so it's easy to assume that's fake too. The recent record breaking SuperMoon was covered by CNN, but that's also fake too.

Source: These were on CNN.

Do you understand how CNN works now?
edit on 11-12-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Oh, that's right, the Clinton Foundation taking multi-millions in bribes from foreign state sponsors of terror dictatorships, totally didn't have anything to do with the expectation she'd get elected nope not at all. What was I thinking? Oh, and her getting over a BILLION dollars in her campaign via her Super-PAC's, many multi-millions worth from foreign donors as well (DOCUMENTED), that wouldn't count either. Nope. Oh, and total integration across the board between her campaign, the DNC and all her PAC's + Super PAC's... NOPE! No problemo's there. And of course, NO WAY did that power structure (that in no way violated FEC regulations) have anything to do with the Paid Riot Squads. Even if 'she' did, the FEC would be just totally cool with all that.

Sorry about all that. I'm int he wrong meeting. Good thing there are no FEC records in my link there as direct supporting evidence of all that noise.

Oh, wait, there is.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I don't know. But if they are anything like the responses you will get in this thread...then I know why.

Gee ,dont leave us hanging....
Post some material, please

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Has Chris Christie said anything about it?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
This is another anti- Trump, anti- right thread. I do believe the FEC is perfectly capable of making those decisions. After all, it IS their regulations
Now , why would anyone think otherwise ?
I know. Because the Leftists are reaching the bottom now. Soon there will be nothing left for them to tout...absolutely zilch for them to challenge the election.
Get over yourselves . Clinton lost because of the DNC and Hillary herself . All the Stein style Hillary puppets are failing .
edit on 12/11/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

sources familiar with the offers told CNN

Hmmm and Awe

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

I certainly do... they sprinkle in enough actual news to cover their blatant left slant. Hell... they've even been caught interviewing their own cameraman as a protester. You know, so the less mentally fit just run with it.

CNN is the Counterfeit News Network.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

sources familiar with the offers told CNN

Hmmm and Awe

Naw

Yawn and not awe
Amazing how they never quote who the sources are. In fact , I believe I was CNN's source for some...
edit on 12/11/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join