It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard Introduces Bill to Stop Arming Terrorists- 12/8/16

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Tulsi Gabbard, introduced a bill to stop tax payer money from being used to arm terrorists.

She is a Dem, and I would imagine there are plenty of politicians that see this as a wonderful way for some of their political contributors to make some good money selling war products. The one minute video is worth a watch.

The arming of terrorists is already illegal, but that didn't stop HRC and Obama or Reagan for that matter. Money is the reason.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Yes ,only the ones on the list ,though . Lets expand the list . Put some new ones on it and add others back. Seems like Obama had completely ignored the list.
edit on 12/11/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
What, Reagen just forgot, Bush was never concerned, and Obama is following the outline.

See, perfectly plausible explanations.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I like her quite a bit.

She's a patriot and her words and actions have proven that to me.

If she ran for president I'd vote for her.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

What do you mean by money as the reason? If taxpayer money isn't authorized to be sent to terrorists then it remains in the coffers.

Rep. Gabbard's bill is bi-partisan.

The legislation is cosponsored by Reps. Peter Welch (D-VT-AL), Barbara Lee (D-CA-13), Dana Rohrabacher (R-CA-48), and Thomas Massie (R-KT-04), and supported by the Progressive Democrats of America (PDA) and the US Peace Council.
Rep. Tulsi Gabbard’s “Stop Arming Terrorists Act”

“(W)hen it comes to the war against terrorists, I’m a hawk,” she said. “When it comes to counterproductive wars of regime change, I’m a dove.”

She opposed condemning Bashar al-Assad, saying targeting him was “a thinly veiled attempt to use the rationale of ‘humanitarianism’ as a justification to escalate our illegal, counterproductive war” – its aim to topple him and his government.
If you or I gave money, weapons or support to al-Qaeda or ISIS, we would be thrown in jail. Yet the US government has been violating this law for years, quietly supporting allies and partners of al-Qaeda, ISIL, Jabhat Fateh al Sham and other terrorist groups with money, weapons, and intelligence support, in their fight to overthrow the Syrian government.

The CIA has also been funneling weapons and money through Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Qatar and others who provide direct and indirect support to groups like ISIS and al-Qaeda.

This support has allowed al-Qaeda and their fellow terrorist organizations to establish strongholds throughout Syria, including in Aleppo.

That is why I’ve introduced the Stop Arming Terrorists bill – legislation based on congressional action during the Iran-Contra affair to stop the CIA’s illegal arming of rebels in Nicaragua.

I'm all in favor of the U.S. ceasing acts of destabilizing and/or toppling foreign governments, especially when insurgents/terrorists are the surrogates. Strengthened temporary allies can and do become strengthened semi-permanent enemies.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

There are billions made selling war.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The US government is one of the largest arms suppliers in the world. Obama and Clinton committed Treason by arming Al Nusra Front in Syria and Al Qaeda groups in Libya. The gave 'aid and comfort to the enemy'. We have been fighting Al Qaeda for 15 years. I am sure our soldiers appreciate this administration arming and funding their battlefield enemies. And McCain and Lindsey Graham were also involved in that Treason.

I explain the Treason in greater detail in another thread. Including sources.
Post about the Treason

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

Rules are for the unconnected and poor.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The politicians will lose their pocket money and not be able to buy condos for their mistresses .

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

Start at the beginning.

This has been happening, with various groups including drug cartels and other narco terrorists south of the US/Mexico border, in the Far East, and Middle East, since photographs were still mostly in black and white, and every president for decades has had a hand in it. Assassination of South American leaders, economic hit men destroying economies of nations with whom the US had disputes either of national interest or financial interest, right up to funding terrorism all over the globe, including but not limited to the IRA, the Taliban and AQ, IS, and every other batch of marauding villains over the last forty years or more.

You feel free to lambast Obama and Co., but while you do that, you had better understand that any aggression you aim toward Obama has to be levelled at EVERY president and administration from probably as far back as 1960 onward.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Yep. The "School of the Americas" was our notorious training grounds for members of Latin American assassination squads, paramilitary groups, and despotic regimes. The most important part of any anti-terrorist bill will be how they define "terrorists" in the first place.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Oh yea! I know all about it. Drug running, assassinations, and on and on. There are things going on that if the public knew the truth there would be riots and revolution almost immediately. The NSA and CIA were the ones that gave wikileaks all those emails and documents. It wasn't the Russians. They used the Russians as disinformation so people didn't look too closely. They have been at war with al qaeda and other groups in earnest for the lat 15 years. They are sick and tired of fighting them on one hand and having other factions arm and aid them. It is bloody ridiculous.

For example, when the intel community was manufacturing evidence to convince the world we had to go into Iraq back in 91. We didn't mention how we knew what capabilities he had. Even the Iran Contra scandal under Regan. Col. North now is a Fox News contributor. It goes on with every administration. What the presidents knew or didn't know is a legitimate question. Corruption and illegal activity is rife in government.

top topics

join