It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The idea of Fake News is a dangerous concept to the 1st Amendment!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Fake News is a narrative that started the day after Trump's election. Coincidence? Or did the mainstream media finally realize that they can no longer influence and sway public opinion.

Actually, it was kicked off by the right in regard to some "findings" of false "quotes" etc about Trump . Mostly the "crap" was found in some loon's opinion piece .

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
All this makes me wonder when they will declare the tweets from the President-Elect as "Fake News" and ask to have it censored from all media? Or, is that part of the plan all along?

Inquiring minds want to know, and NOT have it censored. Let us decide....we do not need "Big Government" making decisions about this for us all.

edit on 12/11/2016 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

When will Twitter ban Trump?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I keep seeing people on this site and elsewhere using the term "fake news" as a way of discrediting anything they may not agree with or using the term because they think it's funny to post it.

It's becoming the new "swamp gas".
Or in many cases used incorrectly like "false flag".

I'm begging all the mis-users of "fake news" to please stop.
It makes you sound stupid.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
I keep seeing people on this site and elsewhere using the term "fake news" as a way of discrediting anything they may not agree with or using the term because they think it's funny to post it.

How else will we know who the stupid ones are? LOL

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Senate Bill 3274 Countering Foreign Propaganda and Disinformation Act was never was passed by senate or house.

www.congress.gov...

It's verbiage was quietly slipped into the NDAA for Fiscal Year 2017.

"Fake News" is the Establishment Media cheer-leading the implementation of this program.

Discussion of s.3274 begins at the 6:30 mark:

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Krakatoa

When will Twitter ban Trump?

Never

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Thats funny because Obama and Hillary have been quoted as to saying the reason why they lost is because of Fake News. Thats why people are mocking Fake News.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

All Main Stream Media = PROPAGANDA

If you really believe that then you have problems.

It seems actually pretty rare to find something truly false on mainstream news. I remember there was a young reporter for the New York times that made up stories to advance his career, but other than their more reliable than conservative sites that exaggerate or make up stuff all the time.

I concur with you. We do have problems. The media's lies are blatant & journalism is dead except on the local level. Who to believe? I rely on my own intuition.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

All Main Stream Media = PROPAGANDA

If you really believe that then you have problems.

It seems actually pretty rare to find something truly false on mainstream news. I remember there was a young reporter for the New York times that made up stories to advance his career, but other than their more reliable than conservative sites that exaggerate or make up stuff all the time.

I concur with you. We do have problems. The media's lies are blatant & journalism is dead except on the local level. Who to believe? I rely on my own intuition.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Hands Up Don't Shoot.

Brian Williams

Zimmerman's "racist" 911 call that was edited to be racist by the news agency.

Dan Rather's Memogate

Mitt Romney doesn't pay taxes

Just about anything using only anonymous sources ... like Russians made Hillary lose

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Often I use it to mock the source.

Washington Post ran with an "expose" of fake news citing an org formed only in August that has no credible ties to any other long-standing orgs although it cited them as allies (they disavowed this org) and WaPer posted this org's list of fake news sources which included rudge among other sites. I use Drudge as one of my daily go-tos.

If you know anything about Drudge, it's an aggregator that pulls from such sources as ... the WaPer among others (like the NYT, WSJ, and other respected MSM sources), so, yeah, when I use a sourced through Drudge that happens to be a rspected source ... I DO like to label it "fake," after all it came through Drudge and therefore is not to be triusted.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join