It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM Parallel Universe Crumbling

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:
(post by network dude removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
What I am amazed is the amount of anti-trump people that have taken the red pill after the election results, I am seeing more and more posts and video's of this. I think deep down they always new, but were locked into a temporary cognitive dissonance during the election cycle. But when they saw the stupidity that ensued after the election was over, it woke them up.
Reddit is great example, so many people are saying they were against Trump before the election now they have reconsidered, these are liberals just like the OP, they are saying the DNC utterly and completely failed from it's corruption against Sanders and it's artificial agitation at rallies that were planned as recorded by Vertatis.

Trump broke the Matrix, now let's see what he can do with that, he has already shown he will be a very unconventional President not bound long held polices, like what happened with Taiwan.
Another media spin, there is military treaty between the two countries but there not allowed to talk to each other, how bizarre is that ?

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork
What I'm seeing, and correct me if I'm wrong, is a heavily biased MSM engaged in a last gasp attempt to remain relevant by undermining the will and conscience and voice of the people in offering something that looks a lot like a continuation of the Clinton campaign against Trump, soon to be cast in the colour purple as another Soros' funded colour revolution and social experiment who's overarching design is really a type of collectivism and globalism. Thus it relies very heavily on group think, the latest meme of which is "fake news" and Russian interference as the means by which Donald Trump was elected; it's aim being to undermine in every possible way the legitimacy of Trump's Presidency.

Furthermore, it has Clinton's, and Obama's support and approval operating in collusion with the likes of Soros, and is somehow able to still feed all the talking points to the MSM via some sort of structured mechanism that I believe has it's origins in Operation Mockingbird and the CIA's infiltration of the MSM channels combined with Bill Clinton's passing of the Telecommunications Act which paved the way for the mainstream media to conglomerate into only a handful of private, corporate special interests, who are clearly left-leaning.

when the truth is not on your side you must lie, and that is where the left is today. we never would have voted in Obama in if he'd been honest about his agenda, esp the health care law disaster. or Clinton either
I think in the past we had a lot of cynical democrats like Tip O'Neil that knew they were spouting bs but were willing to lie to further their agenda / career. this new generation of leftists, esp in the media, really believe all the stuff they're saying.
most conservatives are Christian. a great many leftists (Euro-US) have substituted politics for religion (many, like Pelosi, hold to a form of traditional religion, but the DNC is their real god), and when they lose, when they're disagreed with, it's not just politics, it's blasphemy.
the DNC and MSM are fanatics. they are the new Spanish Inquisition, and they will stop at nothing to further their holy cause.
judging from what I've seen since the election they will NOT change. they will get more and more frantic.
hopefully the more extremist they get, the more viewers and voters they'll lose.
edit on 12-12-2016 by ElGoobero because: fix typos

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Interestingly if DT makes pals with Putin and those superpowers combine, all those ppl that have been plotting his downfall will be crushed.

The tide is turning.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

the satanists in the system are panicked

Are we supposed to take this seriously???

Obviously you've never watched Mark Passio videos? Yeah, Satanists, they are real.
edit on 12-12-2016 by HUMBLEONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
What I am amazed is the amount of anti-trump people that have taken the red pill after the election results, I am seeing more and more posts and video's of this. I think deep down they always new, but were locked into a temporary cognitive dissonance during the election cycle. But when they saw the stupidity that ensued after the election was over, it woke them up.
Reddit is great example, so many people are saying they were against Trump before the election now they have reconsidered, these are liberals just like the OP, they are saying the DNC utterly and completely failed from it's corruption against Sanders and it's artificial agitation at rallies that were planned as recorded by Vertatis.

Trump broke the Matrix, now let's see what he can do with that, he has already shown he will be a very unconventional President not bound long held polices, like what happened with Taiwan.
Another media spin, there is military treaty between the two countries but there not allowed to talk to each other, how bizarre is that ?

This is pure delusion. Your projection of the people on the left is completely wrong. Most people on the left I know are mostly numb and indifferent. They way most people see what is going to happen with the Trump presidency is more of the same that we had during the GW Bush presidency. The middle class will be driven deeper into poverty wages. Pro-corporation-anti-worker judges will get appointed to the supreme court. And after all the enforcement of banking regulations is gone we will most likely have another banking crisis with bailouts.

I'm amazed how the right sees the left. On the left, we are not looking for strong leadership. We are looking for pro-labor public policies. Hillary Clinton was a Nixon republican. She even worked on Barry Goldwater's campaign when she was in college. She is not a liberal. She was a 70's style Republican. Bernie Sanders was liberal. I don't understand the rights obsession with Soros. Sanders wanted to provide free college education and make the top 1% pay for it with higher taxes. What does that have to do with Soros and the great one global government conspiracy.

By the way, you know the Federal Reserve is a private global corporation. If you want to destroy the existing NWO and one world government then destroy the Federal Reserve. The way the system is setup with money created with interest it guarantees the country will always be in debt and never be able to get out of debt no matter how much we cut social programs. The system is rigged so the bankers always have the maximum leverage over the money system.

Here's a test to tell if you are left wing liberal. If you think increasing the purchasing power of the median worker's take home pay after taxes is important then you are a left wing liberal. Most liberals are slightly anarchists. We really do not care who is in charge or what they character is like. We are more interested in what people are doing in terms of public policy.

But that's alright. Let the ad hominem attacks begin...

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Look. I don't demand anyone bow to a Trump presidency. I never bowed to Obama. All anyone ask is that people simply accept that this is where we are going for likely the next four years.

Then we vote again and a new group of people will have to bow to the ballot and accept what happens.

All of this hand-wringing and denial is not healthy just like nursing a grudge is not healthy.

I don't ask anyone to like it. I may not like it myself. No one can really know yet. But for better or worse, this is what it is. And the good thing about the system, presuming that we do not succeed in tearing it apart, is that it WILL change again. It always does.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I agree in regards to Fake News, MSM death rattles, and awakening. But, I don't see how a Trump presidency stacking the Executive branch with ex military, Goldman Sachs executives, Climate Change deniers in the EPA, and abortion burial proponents can, in anyway, warrant 'hope' for democracy or the appearance of a success for it. Sorry, OP.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I think it's incumbent upon the MSM who are hyping this Russian hacking, to explain in what way, precisely, it directly impacted and effected the election outcome.

Because it appears to me that the American people wanted to send a message and break up the system, and were simply not enthusiastic about Clinton's candidacy or the continuation of the status quo under Obama with the installation of the Clinton machine.

How is that Russia's fault?

Is there evidence that Russia hacked the voting machines, or that the DNC leak was responsible for swaying voters to the degree that it changed the outcome?

And as far as I know, people on the whole did not have the time to process Podesta's emails before the election.

I honestly think that Trump won the election fair and square.

To then see masked protestors bussed around many of whom didn't even vote - well that's rather unbecoming of the losing side isn't it?

Maybe instead of attacking Trump, or pointing the finger at Russia as the one to blame, they'd be better served to take stock and inventory as to why they lost and reinvent the Democratic Party under new leadership, but they still proceeded to re-elect Nancy Pelosi as if it's business as usual.

The whole thing appears to be very dysfunctional and an attempt to undermine the peaceful and relatively smooth transition of power.

Thus, the only conclusion that I can draw is that that very system that the American people voted to remove, is working very hard to try to generate a climate either to assassinate Trump or to delegitimize his Presidency before he's even taken office, and that's un-American and unDemocratic, imho.

Trump won. Let's move on.

Poor losers.

But what's maddening and even infuriating, is the degree to which the system is still trying to gear the American public via the MSM, and it shows that the MSM is still doing their bidding and running with their talking points.

I hope Trump does a fantastic job, which in and of itself will kill their narrative and cause their trust level to bottom out completely if it hasn't already.

edit on 12-12-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

This is the quality of thread and thought
that makes ATS great!
Regardless of whether or not I agree with
your opinion is inconsequential.

I respect your efforts,deductions, and
mostly, your honesty.

This is a very well written exercise of
free speech with heart.
Thank You for Sharing!
Bravo! S&F

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I think you are correct. I live in a smaller town in the Midwest, and worked for a newspaper for a while. There was this one guy who set out on his own a few years back to create his own online news website with live streams and interactive content, and pretty soon he was our main competition.
We had multiple conversations in my publisher's office about how we were gonna keep up with social media because of the changing times, with the unspoken meaning being, "How are we gonna compete with them?" We had a few really good weeks with online numbers when we had really superb articles, and I wrote a really controversial piece about the BAKKEN pipeline that drew in some new readers, but overall, people were flocking to the new guy at a rate 100 to one, because he'd noticed what we hadn't and cashed in on it. The future, for one, is not in print news, and for two, the allure of a fresh new renegade is always gonna gain far more trust with casual readers, because people increasingly view the media as an arm of the establishment, and they don't trust the establishment.

That's why people still listen to Alex Jones for g-d sake. He may be a nutter, but at least he's not CNN.

In a way, I get it. I'd even go so far as to say people are kind of right to be leary. It's unfortunate for new journalists but I like to think it's like anything else. Society moves in phases. In the age of such abundant online content I'm sure society will eventually decide how it wants to go about getting its news, and I foresee that the journey towards finding the next generation of news gathering is likely to be a bit of a revolution.
edit on 12-12-2016 by LAkadian because: Grammar

edit on 12-12-2016 by LAkadian because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I think it's going to backfire on them and already is.

You'll notice that the fake news stuff only kicked into high gear when the pizzagate thing erupted on Reddit, although they didn't really report on what was unearthed and who's connected to whom ie: Tony Podesta and Alistair Crowley spirit cooking woman Marina Abramović. This then culminated in a spat between Jake Tapper and Mike Flynn Jr. who was removed from the transition team because of his retweeting over pizzagate as if to suggest that it ought to be investigated and proven to have no basis or merit, and his application for security clearance due to his role as a type of secretary for his father, revoked. This went so far as to require the Vice-President Elect to appear on CNN and be asked about this by Tapper, who's wife's favorite restaurant for taking the kids is Comet Ping Pong and who's been pictured with his wife and John and Mary Podesta, and who's conducted most of CNN's interviews with John Podesta during the campaign ie: they're connected.

In other words, whether true or not or at least warranting investigation, how is the attack on fake news and the attempt to link it to Trump and co. going to prevent or deflect from such an investigation taking place at the behest of the Flynns and maybe even Bannon as Andrew Breitbart's successor?

To that end, how will this entire MSM onslaught against Trump's election win not blow back as a self fulfilling prophecy against precisely the very thing or things that they did not want and are seen desperately trying to spin, now with the Russia hacking talking point.

First it was white supremacists, then it was fake news, and now it's Russia determining the outcome of the election.

It doesn't matter what you believe or what your worldview, this kind of heavy bias by organizations that are supposed to be in service of an informed public is just unacceptable and very un-American and even undemoncratic, the very thing they were accusing Trump of being in the lead up to the election - how ironic.

Therefore, I hope the whole damn thing blows up in their face, and that if there really is anything to some of these terrible things that have surfaced, they will be properly and thoroughly investigated.

I hope everything that they are terrified of happening will happen, including an American and global renaissance.

I think they've lost the narrative by continually casting Trump's win in this light, and worse, have betrayed their motivations and their positions in terms of who and what they serve and protect, which clearly isn't the best interests of an informed American public, who's opinion they are desperately trying to sway, but who are they talking to? Which audience is that? Their rapidly shrinking one?

Turn them off - boycott them, and then let's just see what happens in the real world.

What a wonderful Christmas season when everything's up in the air and yet with the mere possibility or hint of the dawn of a new day on the horizon, while the satanists fret and try to scheme and hatch their evil plots and schemes to try to make it into something else, of what we cannot say, but if they assassinated him, it would not be a good thing for the health and well being of the Nation that's for certain.

No instead, they must accept it, however frightening and instead work to reinvent the Democratic Party, while Hillary Clinton fades away and she's not even a very good persona or public speaker.

Anyway, it bothers me that the MSM is in on it all, 100% all the way down the line and into their own oblivion, as the new day dawns.

It's really very interesting and entertaining to see the system so up in arms and trying to spin a mood of pessimism and anger and fear, as if the United States has died or gone dark.

But they're not offering an alternative voice, just more angst, which is what leads me to suspect that they've spoken aloud about assassinating Trump and it was probably Bill Clinton's idea.

What's being generated right now then is the climate to make that happen.

It's sick and it betrays them as fundamentally satanic, imho.

edit on 12-12-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LAkadian

Thank you. Great contribution!

It's all up in the air and out of control, and the question that arises is who's control is it out of, and who's got a grasp on it or can access it as a touchstone of truth and reality?

That's what's relevant.

We just don't need them to tell us what to think anymore, as they amp it up like a flickering lightbulb that's about to flare and go out.

New platforms and training and education for investigative journalists, is what's needed.

Mark my words. The next Pulitzer Prize will go to an independent reporter, like a Project Veritas.

It's a new world, and we'll find the workaround before they can censor the Internet.

They lost.

Wouldn't it be interesting to see a bifurcation of the phenomenon that you experienced X 1000.

That would make for an interesting project.

To outperform the MSM, while revealing that it's the "fake news".

What exciting times we are in, eh?

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

That's the thing though. I know this is gonna anger some people but Trump didn't win. He got the delegate vote. Hillary actually got the popular if you believe the polling figures, and the popular vote is what SHOULD count. PLEASE understand, it hurts saying this, because I honestly believe Hillary is a soulless lying shill with a lust for power and no loyalty to the middle class, but here's the thing...
We were all swindled.
Trump?
He is exactly what Ron Paul and Bernie Sanders were preaching against. He is the 1%. TPTB, while we were busy fighting over how to beat them, had a sit down with Hillary and Trump and hedged their bets and put TWO candidates on the ballot so that no matter who won, they could still eat their cake.
The establishment kept telling us for years that in order to win you have to be one of the two main parties, and like good little worker bees we believed them and voted two party. Now here we are, divided and conquered, fighting each other over Trump and Hillary. "You don't like Trump? You must be for Hillary!"
You've been swindled, again.

He's not gonna save you. Hillary was not gonna save you. Your only shot was a third party, but you drank the kool aid yet again, and now once again all the smart people have to stay silent for another four years for fear of being labeled one or the other.

Nothing has changed. Please stop lying to yourselves, and wake up.

edit on 12-12-2016 by LAkadian because: Spelling error

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LAkadian

Maybe, but I like the idea of a guy like Bannon being there in the midst of it all and of a more independent President who's not as beholden to special interests and the system as it was.

Maybe he'll take a wrecking ball to it from within, anything's possible.

They might even start gutting government agencies, and replacing the wrong people with the right ones.

I'm still hopeful.

But yes, we are the change and we are what's relevant, what we are seeing, thinking and saying and how we're interpreting what's going on.

Context and framing are decisive.

With that in mind, I think the MSM are framing themselves right out of the picture that's emerging.

Angst doesn't sell.

Liberty and freedom however, does, especially where the rubber meets the road.

Power to the people, not the global elite.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

I am one of those.

I called Trump a Jest, an embarrassment to the US and told American that if they voted that nut case in that would be the end of US-CANADA relations.

But then I watched as Hillary over through a perfectly good democratic candidate, Sanders. The I watch the MSM follow Hillary like she was the best choice, like Sanders didn't exist.

Once I saw Hillary get the nomination I was a Trump supporter.

Then I watched people I know start saying things like "HE IS GOING TO BUILD A WALL!!!" "HE IS GOING TO JAIL ALL THE GAY PEOPLE" " HE IS GOING TO DEPORT ALL THE MUSLIMS" and I found out that was what the MSM was pushing on people. At that point I was FULL ON Trump supporter.

Now that I see all the aftermath of Hillary losing like blaming Russia, calling this a white lash, Whoopi freaking out on people telling them they dont know what it's like to be black.... I am so glad I was smart enough to see the light and jump to the just side. The one where you get a choice and your not told what to think and believe. I am so sick of that # and I have no patients for people that can't give their own opinion on the matter instead they repeat sound bites they got off the TV. Bunch of idiots. Eff off, you deserve your disappointment.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

By their standard, this thread and ATS is "fake news" commentary.

Basically, anything that doesn't to the line and parrot what the MSM is saying, since they alone are the purveyors of all truth.

I think that Hillary Clinton is pushing for a sort of Ministry of Truth, and that there's a Bill in the works.

By conflating it with Russian hacking, they are only hoping to up the anti on this narrative, the implication being that Trump's win wasn't real or valid, for starters, and then furthermore, only the MSM are to be trusted, while being entirely biased and completely wrong about everything.

They're even running almost Commie-style bulletins before the trailers in movie theaters. "When the going gets tough, trust us alone."

They're really nervous that indeed they are losing the narrative, as they proceed to do just that.

I think it highlights the need for the pendulum to swing towards a more Libertarian philosophy of government whereby he who governs best governs least, and that the very last thing that the government ought to be involved in is an attack on free speech and the first amendment in the name of some sort of Orwellian society that does as they are told and self-censors in favor of Big Media, who've shrunk down really small and are getting smaller, amid a complete meltdown in public trust.

This is why I think that the Trump administration should consider breaking up Big Media by repealing Bill Clinton's Telecommunications Act, while at the same time helping the people to generate new platforms and public forums on the Internet, like this one as but one of many emerging alternative sources of information and commentary.

I'm sitting on an idea that I'm going to start implementing this year that would make me incredibly wealthy, provided I can get my ass in gear, but I've always wondered - to what end? Yes there's a fast Yacht I'd like to get (a Pershing 108), but it's just not satisfying unless some great purpose is served.

Now I know what that would be - create a school of independent journalism employing social media tools, and make of it a competition, to see who's objectively reporting real news that's capable of informing the public, and who's just offering up talking points that have come down from the corporate masters on high..

I think we have to claim Victory and lay claim to a world of our own making, and consider not only ignoring them, or just listening to Alex Jones rant on, but how to completely transcend them altogether.

Then, amid all the dumbing down, we become the smartening up..

And Donald Trump too stands on delicate ground. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I'm still watching to see how it all rolls out.

We have the Internet.

We can do anything that we set our minds to bringing about. It's a whole new world.

And that it absolutely terrifies the "establishment" (disestablishment) is such a good thing, so powerful in fact that you can almost sense the rise of Liberty in the air, provided we seize the opportunity and begin gen3rating a new world of our own making and not the likes of which is handed down to us by celebrity culture and the old establishment.

I think the reason that they've lost the narrative is that they are still inhabiting the old reality, and are not willing to part with it in favor of something that's entirely up to the individual.

There's a certain ironic humor in all of this, and the MSM are providing quite a lot of comedic material, unless they try to legislate Net censorship that is, and try to put controls on the egalitarian spirit of the internet as a type of emerging virtual community the likes of which the world has never seen.

Why do I keep rambling on..?

Because, with your help, I've managed to generat a platform, at least momentarily, from which to exercise my right to free speech and free thought.

So I'll digress here and invite you'all to make use of it. Rant away!

And for all we know, ATS has come to the attention of all kinds of people, some for whom the realization (that they were completely out of touch with reality) comes with humor, or, to their chagrin if they can't take a good joke at their own expense. Anderson Cooper here comes to mind.

I think Alex Jones may be right, that they hate us. They hate you, the very people they are allegedly working to inform and enlighten.

That too is becoming obvious.

But I never would have anticipated that the ultimate haters would be the leftists and the progressives. Hate should not trump love.

edit on 13-12-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   

You don't think talking about "a more Libertarian philosophy of government" followed by big government intervention into breaking up MSM is slightly inconsistent? Maybe you don't know waht Libertarianism is about.

Most corporate media right or left is about saying the most outrageous claims which are hooks to get people to watch commercials. All corporate media right or left is fake news because it's more about ratings and maing money more than anything else. If the right wing media were not just as bad as the left then Hillary would have been indcited by now.

I think people on the left really don't care about Trump presidency. I think most people on the left think it will be a lot like GW Bush's presidency. Hopefully we will not have to bail out the banks again in the end.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Invite more competition I guess is what I'm suggesting. If it's hurting the public discourse and is heavily biased, then we need more voices.

I don't see how Libertarianism and breaking up monopolies
in big media are incongruent.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I trust this guy's evaluative skills.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join