It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former CIA Operative Robert Baer Calls for new US Election

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
You losers need to stop invoking Brexit as some sort of benchmark for your shambolic decision to elect Trump.
Brexit had nothing to do with Left & Right and everything to do with Sovereignty.

Stop listening to Nigel Farage.

More to the point, stop fearmongering with this civil war crap.
It's all you bang on about nowadays.

Brexit and the Trump election were driven by the exact same underlying drivers.
If you have not yet worked out those drivers then no one can help you - you just need to work harder at understanding.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

I don't understand how we let them convince us to use hackable voting equipment. Now, whenever the *wrong* candidate wins, they can just tell us they have intel showing the election was hacked.

Actually, I do know how they convinced us. It was the Soros OSF-funded 'Brennan Center for Justice' that keeps putting out junk research showing that we need to 'modernize' our election and voter registration systems while claiming election/voter fraud isn't a problem.

edit on 11-12-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

The leaks showed that Hillary was a liar and a cheat.

So we should elect the exposed liar and cheat because she was exposed as a liar and a cheat and that is not fair?

If she was never exposed as a liar and a cheat she would have been elected, so we need to overturn the election because a liar and a cheat was exposed as a liar and a cheat?

Who cares who exposed her as a liar and a cheat!

Hillary is a liar and a cheat!
edit on 11-12-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I've sort of drawn that analogy too, Haz. But only in terms of a "rebellion" type thing. I could be wrong though. You certainly know more about it than I.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yes, and Trump is as honest as Old Abe Lincoln.
lol.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I've sort of drawn that analogy too, Haz. But only in terms of a "rebellion" type thing. I could be wrong though. You certainly know more about it than I.

Ahh but you're not a loser, Angel.

You are allowed to be analogous.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems to me that a few years ago, the CIA made "an assessment" relating to Iraq's possession of WMD...how did taking that at face value turn out for everybody?

I think it is fine to be raising the issue of just how serious state-sponsored hacking has become to the military and economic stability of the United States...risks to critical infrastructure, military secrets and intellectual property. But if you are going to come to the table accusing a Government of directly influencing an election, in favour of one candidate, you had better have your facts straight and some pretty rock solid evidence.

Which, at this point, it does not seem that they do (at least according to what is being said publically).

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yes, and Trump is as honest as Old Abe Lincoln.
lol.

Not about Trump.

Hillary was exposed for lying and cheating.

This is not and can not be disputed.

Hillary is a liar and a cheat.

The biggest butthurt I'm seeing is that we should overturn the election to Hillary because it is unfair that she was exposed as a liar and a cheat.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Watch the lefts heads explode when this goes down ..

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The scumbag that spearheaded the Balkan's campaign for the Clinton's, now he's spearheading the Clinton's Balkanization of the United States campaign?!?!?!

Confession of a CIA Agent: They gave us millions to dismember Yugoslavia
Who were the terrorists in question and why were they supposed to carry out these attacks?

They gave us files about a group called “Supreme Serbia” detailing plans to conduct a series of bomb attacks on key buildings in Sarajevo in opposition to Bosnia’s ambition to leave former Yugoslavia.

Did that group ever exist and what exactly you were doing in Sarajevo under CIA command?

No such group ever existed! Our headquarters lied to us. Our mission was to alarm and spread panic among politicians in Bosnia, simply to fill their heads with the idea that Serbs would attack. To begin with, we accepted the story, but after a while we started to wonder. Why were we raising such hysteria when the group clearly did not exist?
So there was only propaganda against the Serbs?

Yes and no. The aim of the propaganda was to divide the republics so they would break away from the motherland Yugoslavia. We had to choose a scapegoat who would be blamed for everything. Someone who would be responsible for the war and violence. Serbia was chosen because in some ways it is a successor to Yugoslavia.
You mentioned that the media was controlled and funded, how exactly did that happen?

This is already known, some CIA agents were responsible for writing the official statement that the announcers read on the news. Of course the news presenters were oblivious to it, they got the news from their boss and he got it from our man. Everyone had the same mission: to spread hatred, nationalism and the differences between people through television.

And there it is folks: FAKE NEWS!
edit on 11-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
They voted out so they wouldn't have to take in illegal immigrants.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth I agree with you 100%, just like JFK, fired Allen Dulles who was director of the CIA when in office.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

And this is significant why? They are just putting people on to keep their ratings high...

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

You're not implying they are generating FAKE NEWS, are you?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Moon of Alabama has a good piece on it and notes that its the FBI's job and not the CIA's for internal issues .

The real claims of the CIA assessment are not known. Neither is any evidence known on which an assessment is based on. All claims about the alleged CIA report WaPo and NYT report on are hearsay - unverified whisper by anonymous people. Some within the CIA seem to disagree with at least parts of the assessment. WaPo writes: A senior U.S. official said there were minor disagreements among intelligence officials about the agency’s assessment, in part because some questions remain unanswered. According to someone talking to the NYT the FBI also disagrees with at least parts of the alleged CIA conclusion: One senior government official, who had been briefed on an F.B.I. investigation into the matter, said that while there were attempts to penetrate the Republican committee’s systems, they were not successful. That is important because the FBI, not the CIA, is responsible to investigate cyber related crimes within the U.S. .
www.moonofalabama.org...

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Why is anyone getting their panties in a knot over the "call" for anything from an ex-CIA operative? Seriously??

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Actually it is a needed investigation and assessment as to whether another country has tried to influence our election. If they have, Trump will remain President, but this point must be ascertained and dealt with. I hope you know we cannot and will not permit this. Or at least we shouldn't. We won't have a President now who supports an investigation, but hopefully some of the agencies will continue to pursue it. It has to be done.

Here is the investigation. Check emails, check Saudi report. Prince Salman of Saudi Arabia was "enthusiastic" to bankroll 20% of HRC's campaign. By what you are implying HRC is ineligible, by some others who say its treason to be influenced by other countries in an election its the death penalty

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
Why is anyone getting their panties in a knot over the "call" for anything from an ex-CIA operative? Seriously??

If you are paying any attention it's not just this guy. This is a narrative the media is putting out there right now every day.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I love the banner under the talking heads!! Sensationalism at it finest!!

Bob Baer is no longer with the CIA, and hasn't been since the 90s. I'm sure he still has contacts, but the fact is, human intelligence is no longer 'in style'... not at CIA, and not at State. Any contacts he has are likely not boots on the ground inside a foreign country.

And, his time in service was mostly in the Near and Middle East. He has a more informed opinion than I do about Russia, certainly. But it isn't his area of professional endeavour.

And, at no time in the clip did he say "The CIA believes...". If you watched the clip, he says it is his opinion as an American citizen that, if there is evidence, it should be reviewed and the people should be able to decide.

I respect Bob Baer's intelligence and experience. He's a readable author, a watchable commentator. He seems to lack the inbred arrogance of the intelligentsia class, and I admire that.

I would think he's p####d about having his face run over that banner, but who am
I to say? I'm just a gal who reads a lot

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I don't like Trump but that doesn't mean I think we should redo the election.

Stop letting these people in high positions effect your critical thinking skills. Just because this one guy said this doesn't mean all 'leftists' agree with him. (I'm not affiliated with any political party, they're both corrupt and pushing the divide and conquer rhetoric.)

Herd mentality at its worst. Generalizing an entire demographic based on the words of one person, pathetic.
edit on 12/11/2016 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join