It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI sent planeload of agents to frame Assange in Iceland, got snubbed by minister

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   
This is old news yet new news (to me) ... Back in 2011 the FBI told Iceland interior minister that they wanted to help stop hackers from destroying software systems in the country. The Interior Minister Ogmundur Jonasson became suspicious of their motives because things were just not adding up.. Later the Administration sent more FBI to frame Julian Assange of WikiLeaks

Later in the summer 2011, the US “sent a planeload of FBI agents to Iceland seeking our cooperation in what I understood as an operation set up to frame Julian Assange and WikiLeaks,” Jonasson said.

When this plan was known by the interior minister the answer to them was simple..

So the US were told to leave, and moreover, the politician made things quite clear for them.

“If I had to take sides with either WikiLeaks or the FBI or CIA, I would have no difficulty in choosing: I would be on the side of WikiLeaks,” he said.

If it were not so cold Iceland seems like a decent place to me especially after they jailed some of their corrupt bankers and now this story...
www.rt.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

And what makes Iceland even cooler:

The Pirate Party:

The Pirate Party (Icelandic: Píratar) is a political party in Iceland. The party's platform is based on pirate politics and direct democracy.[2]

en.wikipedia.org...(Iceland)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

And what makes Iceland even cooler:

The Pirate Party:

en.wikipedia.org...(Iceland)

Iceland's Pirate party invited to form government

Iceland’s president has invited the anti-establishment Pirate party to form a government, after the right- and leftwing parties failed in their bids.

Guðni Jóhannesson made the announcement on Friday after meeting with the head of the Pirate’s parliamentary group, Birgitta Jónsdóttir.

“I met with the leaders of all parties and asked their opinion on who should lead those talks. After that I summoned Birgitta Jónsdóttir and handed her the mandate,” he said.

edit on 11/12/2016 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   

I love Iceland, I may move there some day. They are one of the sanest places to live in the World. I hadn't heard about this so thank you for your post.

edit on 11-12-2016 by LuXTeN because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

More countries need to send the US packing.

What a misallocation of resources. The FBI was originally formed as a federal investigative agency to catch criminals that crossed state lines inside the nation. Their mandate had nothing to do with international crimes, let alone framing up individuals that exposed gubment shenanigans.

edit on 11-12-2016 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

I didn't know the details of this either. Good thread. The original interview at Katoikos is a lot better and more in depth.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Iceland ROCKS!

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I didn't know the details of this either. Good thread. The original interview at Katoikos is a lot better and more in depth.

Thank you for the link:

Julian Assange and WikiLeaks.

Since they had not been authorised by the Icelandic authorities to carry out police work in Iceland and since a crack-down on WikiLeaks was not on my agenda, to say the least, I ordered that all cooperation with them be promptly terminated and I also made it clear that they should cease all activities in Iceland immediately.

If I had to take sides with either WikiLeaks or the FBI or CIA, I would have no difficulty in choosing: I would be on the side of WikiLeaks.

It was also made clear to them that they were to leave the country. They were unable to get permission to operate in Iceland as police agents, but I believe they went to other countries, at least to Denmark. I also made it clear at the time that if I had to take sides with either WikiLeaks or the FBI or CIA, I would have no difficulty in choosing: I would be on the side of WikiLeaks.

Do you think that whistleblowers should be protected?

Yes, I think that it is very important. The role played by whistleblowers could be seen as public service. We owe a lot to Chelsea Manning. We owe a lot to Edward Snowden. We owe a lot to Assange. We owe a lot to WikiLeaks. It’s not only about the Iraqi war and other illegal military aggression and immoral power-political manoeuvres, but also the recent international trade agreements TISA, TTIP and CETA.

By granting Snowden asylum we would be paying tribute to democracy, to openness and to all the whistleblowers of the world.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Wow, great find. It's news to me. Think would be illegal for FBI to go into another country, much less framing or corruption. No way this would be allowed in US. Any one hear of KGB being in America?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I love Iceland..in spirit anyway, they have a history of taking/kicking out the trash.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
This is old news. It happened in 2011.

Surely the Russian authoities propaganda arm, RT.com re-raising this issue, has nothing to do with the allegations that the Russian authorities have been releasing hacked Clinton emails to Wikileaks.

The conspiracy here is the possible connections Wikileaks have with the Russian state.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Iceland metaphorically felt their collars and threw them out of the country...then Sweden blinked, and the rest is history.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

He said it was old news.

There is hardly any connection to Russia.

Every year a hacktivist group called Anonymous, the main gate to Julian Assange(a hacker), stand in every country and show their numbers. Conspiracy Theorists like us all. That's Wikileaks, that's Julian Assange, that is Anonymous.

Defeating censorship, exposing shadow government and rigged elections, racism, pedophilia, and tyrannical government since 2000.

Anyone know why Wikileak/Wikipedia is able to receive donations? OpPayback. Shut down Visa/MasterCard servers until they allowed Wiki right to accept money.

Government can't stop them so now it's Russians fault.

Also, "Clintons Email" wasn't "hacked", someone sent Podesta an email containing maleware and he clicked it giving to a non Russian source (as claimed by Wikileaks information gatherers). There was no encryption or coding needed. My 8 year old nephew can malware you and do same thing. It's literally as simple as that.

Go to hack program site, download it, send it, control. Literally takes 5 minutes now with high speed internet. Back in AOHell days took around 20.

edit on 11-12-2016 by Anonopolis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anonopolis
a reply to: paraphi

He said it was old news.

There is hardly any connection to Russia.

Every year a hacktivist group called Anonymous, the main gate to Julian Assange(a hacker), stand in every country and show their numbers. Conspiracy Theorists like us all. That's Wikileaks, that's Julian Assange, that is Anonymous.

Defeating censorship, exposing shadow government and rigged elections, racism, pedophilia, and tyrannical government since 2000.

Anyone know why Wikileak/Wikipedia is able to receive donations? OpPayback. Shut down Visa/MasterCard servers until they allowed Wiki right to accept money.

Government can't stop them so now it's Russians fault.

Also, "Clintons Email" wasn't "hacked", someone sent Podesta an email containing maleware and he clicked it giving to a non Russian source (as claimed by Wikileaks information gatherers). There was no encryption or coding needed. My 8 year old nephew can malware you and do same thing. It's literally as simple as that.

Go to hack program site, download it, send it, control. Literally takes 5 minutes now with high speed internet. Back in AOHell days took around 20.

Guess who can be part of "Anonymous"? Anyone! Even governments can be Anonymous.

A hack doesnt have to be forceful entry which is why Podesta emails are called hacked. The DNC emails were also hacked.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Good points, Pyle.

Exactly. Anyone. It doesn't have to be Russian.

Phantom VPN > protonmail.com > send maleware

So easy literally anyone can do it.

Me, personally, would use Russia/China/NKorean IP pings.

Like hackers of any type you have sloppy ignorant ones, who are like thugs and get arrested.

Then you have professional hitmen style hackers who aren't leaving a trail to them but someone else. Usually middle east, Russia, China, countries that wouldn't allow any fed/gov of any type to cease the computer you hacked into then from. That being said most hackers are China/Russian because of security measurements.

Why? Because anyone hacking American/EU governments use them as patsy.

People make this out like there's a secret Russia hacker force, and even so, could give two #s about Podesta. They want nuke codes much more important stuff.

Yes, anyone can be Anonymous, but Anonymous calls out government members like OpFakeAnon, where literally exposed CIA/FBI is behind it, one member Suboz was FBI informant lol

Also, way Anonymous works is like flock birds in the sky. Nothing forced the bird to move left or right. You think millions of people would not pick up on leaders (no leader in Anonymous) being secret conspiracy of Russian Intelligence? Its not how it works. Someone says "let's see what fuzz is from Weiners laptop" then ones who are curious flock that direction. Hence leak Podesta emails and all pizzagate rhetoric.

People see things differently, but I don't see it. I know what I know from attending these protest and been actively in group (no, not as hacker) as whistler blower. I've stood by just about every operation.

People scared of Russian boogeyman, he's not that scary honestly.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I would think twice before I trusted something published by Russia Today. Although, I think it's obvious he's being set up. Still, be wary of your sources, my friend.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaymp
I would think twice before I trusted something published by Russia Today. Although, I think it's obvious he's being set up. Still, be wary of your sources, my friend.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

To a point I agree with you, however, I would trust them on many things ever bit as much as I would trust CNN and other so called main stream news sights. At least with RT you can usually separate the blatant propaganda from the truth.... Where CNN and others just make stuff up with paid witnesses and everything and sell it as the gospel.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Anonopolis

Sending, creating or utilising malware is a type of hacking. There are many techniques which subvert computer security and information protection, which do not involve any coding, but are still hacking. There are levels and degrees of it, but the moment you try and get data from someone who does not want you to have it, using technological means, whether you coded those means yourself or purchased the means to do it from someone else, you are still hacking.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I do agree with that part. American media (CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, ect.) are just as much propaganda outlets as RT. Unfortunately, there are few news organizations I trust. The Intercept and The Guardian are really the only ones that come to mind.
edit on 12-13-2016 by jaymp because: (no reason given)

top topics

join