It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Russia hacked RNC, but did not leak info

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Here's some other sources about the hack of RNC.

NY Times
Seattle Times
Alaska Daily
NBC

For starts.

I'm starting to think the Republicans knew a lot more than they say, and purposefully kept it hidden. Time and investigation will tell. But from what I'm reading, it wasn't just the U.S. alphabet agencies who knew about the threat of hacking and Russian interference, but several allied ones in Europe, like MI6 and German intel as well, and were talking to our people.

If the Republicans knew, but kept it to themselves and did nothing about it, that makes them good as accomplices and traitors. This would also be the second time Republicans ignored intel and warning of foreign attacks and involvement, and sat on the intel. I.E. 9/11.

I'm keeping a steady eye on this situation.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
Just breaking today, it appears that this isn't just a DNC/Democrat thing. It appears that the Russians also targeted the Republican party prior to the election:

Intelligence agencies conclude that Republicans were also targeted ahead of election, The New York Times says, though motivation remains unclear

Well, then that makes things a bit more interesting now, doesn't it?

“We now have high confidence that they hacked the DNC and the RNC, and conspicuously released no documents” from the Republican organization, one senior administration official told The New York Times, referring to hackers allegedly working for the Russian government.

Also of note, it appears that the Republicans tried to downplay and cover up the fact that they themselves were hacked. I wonder if this is why we heard Marco Rubio issue warnings of caution about the Wikileaks documents? Didn't he say something to the effect of, "we could be next"?

Rep. Michael McCaul, the Texas Republican who is the chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, who said on CNN in September that the RNC had been hacked by Russia, but then quickly withdrew the claim.

McCaul initially told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer “It’s important to note, Wolf, that they have not only hacked into the DNC but also into the RNC.” He added that “the Russians have basically hacked into both parties at the national level, and that gives us all concern about what their motivations are.”

Minutes later, the RNC issued a statement denying that it had been hacked. McCaul subsequently said that he had misspoken, but that it was true that “Republican political operatives” had been the target of Russian hacking. So were establishment Republicans with no ties to the campaign, including former Secretary of State Colin L. Powell.

Link

So we have Russia hacking into both parties prior to the election, but only passing stuff on the Democrats through a proxy to Wikileaks. On top of that, we also have the Republicans denying that they themselves were hacked.

Hm...makes you think, doesn't it?

It will be a glorious day for the left when the RNC dirt gets leaked, won't it?!

I'll hold my breath.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
For starts.

I'm starting to think the Republicans knew a lot more than they say, and purposefully kept it hidden. Time and investigation will tell. But from what I'm reading, it wasn't just the U.S. alphabet agencies who knew about the threat of hacking and Russian interference, but several allied ones in Europe, like MI6 and German intel as well, and were talking to our people.

If the Republicans knew, but kept it to themselves and did nothing about it, that makes them good as accomplices and traitors. This would also be the second time Republicans ignored intel and warning of foreign attacks and involvement, and sat on the intel. I.E. 9/11.

Careful as to what criteria you use to go after the RNC with. That sword can cut both ways -

FBI warned Clinton campaign last spring of cyberattack

Not only did the Clinton campaign not cooperate with the FBI, Clapper made this comment -

But Clapper is reportedly among a number of U.S. intelligence officials who have resisted calls to publicly blame the Russians, viewing it as likely the kind of activity that most intelligence agencies engage in. “[I’m] taken aback a bit by … the hyperventilation over this,” Clapper said during his Aspen appearance, adding in a sarcastic tone, “I’m shocked somebody did some hacking. That’s never happened before.”

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
For starts.

Careful as to what criteria you use to go after the RNC with. That sword can cut both ways -

FBI warned Clinton campaign last spring of cyberattack

Not only did the Clinton campaign not cooperate with the FBI, Clapper made this comment -

But Clapper is reportedly among a number of U.S. intelligence officials who have resisted calls to publicly blame the Russians, viewing it as likely the kind of activity that most intelligence agencies engage in. “[I’m] taken aback a bit by … the hyperventilation over this,” Clapper said during his Aspen appearance, adding in a sarcastic tone, “I’m shocked somebody did some hacking. That’s never happened before.”

This is more evidence that the entire fake news cycle we are seeing now is driven by the election loss of the Democrats and nothing else. In reality there is no new news here, just old news appropriated for propaganda.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

That is my take on it as well. By doing what they are doing Democrats are digging a hole they wont be able to climb out of.

It's nice to see the lefts double standard though on accepting the outcome of the election. I guess they arrogantly assumed they were going to win and when they didn't they suffered some internal brain fritz immediately followed by the blue screen of death.

Not sure what thread I said it in but I dont think the Democrats reaction has anything to do with Clinton losing and everything to do with whom she lost to. Going back to the arrogant, elitist, sense of entitlement mentality they have they cant comprehend why people voted for Trump and not Clinton.

Although the Democrats should have been prepared given Hillary's temper tantrum as to why she was not up 50 points.

I also dont think the left / democrats are all that concerned about election fraud. If they were Sanders would have won the Democratic nomination. Since that election process showed signs of election fraud one would think they would do an investigation. They haven't.

I guess election fraud is acceptable to Democrats only when they benefit from it. Actually when Clinton benefits from it.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: Kettu
Just breaking today, it appears that this isn't just a DNC/Democrat thing. It appears that the Russians also targeted the Republican party prior to the election:

Intelligence agencies conclude that Republicans were also targeted ahead of election, The New York Times says, though motivation remains unclear

Well, then that makes things a bit more interesting now, doesn't it?

“We now have high confidence that they hacked the DNC and the RNC, and conspicuously released no documents” from the Republican organization, one senior administration official told The New York Times, referring to hackers allegedly working for the Russian government.

Also of note, it appears that the Republicans tried to downplay and cover up the fact that they themselves were hacked. I wonder if this is why we heard Marco Rubio issue warnings of caution about the Wikileaks documents? Didn't he say something to the effect of, "we could be next"?

Rep. Michael McCaul, the Texas Republican who is the chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, who said on CNN in September that the RNC had been hacked by Russia, but then quickly withdrew the claim.

McCaul initially told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer “It’s important to note, Wolf, that they have not only hacked into the DNC but also into the RNC.” He added that “the Russians have basically hacked into both parties at the national level, and that gives us all concern about what their motivations are.”

Minutes later, the RNC issued a statement denying that it had been hacked. McCaul subsequently said that he had misspoken, but that it was true that “Republican political operatives” had been the target of Russian hacking. So were establishment Republicans with no ties to the campaign, including former Secretary of State Colin L. Powell.

Link

So we have Russia hacking into both parties prior to the election, but only passing stuff on the Democrats through a proxy to Wikileaks. On top of that, we also have the Republicans denying that they themselves were hacked.

Hm...makes you think, doesn't it?

It will be a glorious day for the left when the RNC dirt gets leaked, won't it?!

I'll hold my breath.

You sure about that? There is 8 years of scandals that need to be investigated and resolved. Now that the election is over we should start getting more email releases from the State Department dealing with Clintons corruption, among other things. There are still active investigations on going dealing with Hillary.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Not sure what thread I said it in but I dont think the Democrats reaction has anything to do with Clinton losing and everything to do with whom she lost to.

Exactly. And it's not "elitism." We city folk know that real estate developers are parasites. Get ready to pay admission fees if you want to hunt on public land.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

When you have a mentality that you are better than everyone else, like Clinton has demonstrated time and time again, its elitism. But dont take my word for it, just ask all the deplorables, the people living in their parents basement aka basement dwellers, the "severely backwards Catholics", self righteous whiners, needy latino's, calling Paul Fray a “f*cking Jew bastard, the super predators, illegal immigrants she said need to go back in 2005, her birther movement, the people who operate on color people time, the wild men once they come off the reservation (native americans), Mahatma Gandhi who apparently works in a gas station, the people who make up the vast right wing conspiracy, etc etc etc.

But your right, there is no elitism / better than everyone else mentality present with Hillary.

/end sarcasm
edit on 13-12-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   

I didn't say there was no elitism, only that us city slickers know a con when we see one.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Get ready to pay admission fees if you want to hunt on public land.

The ideology of the New Republican Party includes no commons. Public land? What's that?

In the push to privatize everything, these "admission fees" are the "user fees", the increased taxes on the 99%, that became popular decades ago.

But Putin doesn't care about that, only that a weak BFF is installed.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Um, the sword is meant to cut both ways, you know. In this case, however, it seems the evisceration needs to swing to the right.

What does Clinton have to do with this? I mean, she is done. Why do you bring a dead horse to the argument?

And there is a YUUUGE difference here between the Clinton campaign and the RNC here. Clinton foolishly ignored a foreign threat to her campaign and paid the price. The Republicans, however, sat on this knowledge of foreign interference and kept quiet because it was benefiting them.

That's way closer to treason than what Hillary did.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Not even close.

also -
New developments in CIA Russia hack assessment.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Oh, I'd say TOO close for Republican comfort.

www.politifact.com...

www.businessinsider.com...

The intel agencies have all agreed the Russians were involving themselves in our election. The only thing being disputed is why they did so in the first place.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Oh, the New York Times said that?

I BELIEVE!

Fake news. Next.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Actually no they all have not agreed. John Brenner on the other hand is pushing the lie Russia is involved. The head of the FBI also stated there is no evidence o Russian involvement. The ODNI stated there is no evidence and that he doesnt support the CIA's position.

The intelligence community refused to provide briefers for a congressional intelligence committee briefing. Why? maybe because they have no evidence to support there claim. If the evid3ence was as air tight as claimed then provide the info.

The Democrats are trying to steal the election by using false information.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join