It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Russia hacked RNC, but did not leak info

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

How many times do I have to send people HERE to read the computer forensic evidence.

*sigh*

And no, it's not "fake news". It is the company hired to do security for the DNC's analysis of the hack they witnessed.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Everybody has their price.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

How many times do I have to send people HERE to read the computer forensic evidence.

*sigh*

And no, it's not "fake news". It is the company hired to do security for the DNC's analysis of the hack they witnessed.

Got a cross filter attempt warning from that site... I would advise people to not click that link.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

*sigh*

Got a cross filter attempt warning from that site... I would advise people to not click that link.

Is that a roundabout attempt at censorship?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

What does that have to do with the RNC, which is what my post is about?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Here you go!

By any chance would you like a matching shirt?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
I've been saying Wikileaks is one sided for a long time.

Of course, I get dismissed by the Right.

They try to tell me there's nothing to release.

Never bought it.

Bull.

Wikileaks went after the Bush admin also.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Looks like a lot of speculation...

The CIA have released no credible evidence of a hack on the DNC by Russia and certainly none on any hack of the RNC.
All we have had is a claim two code names are linked to Russia and the DNC email hack - but no supporting evidence of said code names. Crowdstrike, the authors of such claims are the very company responsible for Hillary's server.
It's also worth emphasising that the CIA are by their nature disinformation agents. They are not a reputable source of information.

From the article:

Intelligence agencies do not have specific intelligence showing officials in the Kremlin ‘directing’ the identified individuals to pass the Democratic emails to WikiLeaks

At worst this is a couple of Russians with no evidence of a link to the Kremlin - even if you believe Crowdstrike. The evidence of an RNC hack is zero.

The real question right now in my mind is how this all plays out and what purpose is behind this rampant speculation flooding the media. Is anyone stupid enough to believe that the Russians are not constantly trying to spy on the US and vice versa? It's not ever made a news cycle so repeatedly before.

There is also an ambiguity present in much of the media reporting between election machine hacking and this 'evidence' of DNC email hacks - almost as if it's all being rolled into one packaged issue to sell to the American people.
edit on 11/12/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

So we have Russia hacking into both parties prior to the election

we do? as of yet I see no actual evidence of this.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

So...The Heads of National Intelligence issue a joint statement saying it was the Russians that hacked the DNC..

The CIA says it has strong evidence that the hacking was done to help Trump get elected...

AND NOW...We know the Russians have also hacked the RNC...and Presumably the Trump Campaign..

Which...lets be honest..is obvious..

So the Russians not only tilted the election to the RNC...BUT ALSO...have all the BLACK MAIL goods on the party that is now dominating the halls of power in DC????

Nothing to see here...move along..

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Looks like a lot of speculation...

The CIA have released no credible evidence of a hack on the DNC by Russia

They don't have to...A gazillion Cyber Security firms have already laid the strong evidence out clearly...

What the CIA has is human intelligence...and the two agents in Moscow that directed the campaign...and I doubt they are going to give up assets.

And just because people keep denying reality...I will post this again...

John Podesta's email was hacked on March 19th, 2016 by Fancy Bear APT28 (advanced persistent threat) via a Phishing Ploy hiding behind a Bitly link posing as the GMail Service.

Fancy Bear is the cyber warfare team for Russian Military Intelligence.

Not to be confused with Cozy Bear APT29, which is Russian FSB (FSB is the new KGB post USSR)...Though both Fancy Bear and Cozy Bear work together for common missions, they also compete to outdo one another.

Guccifer 2.0 is a persona that Fancy Bear APT28 uses at times for attempted misdirection.

Colin Powel's email was hacked at the same time and Fancy Bear also targeted 108 email addresses in the Hillary Clinton campaign

* They also made the mistake of not closing one of the links, thus leaving the door open for security experts to fully trace the hack.

* This was near identical to the link that Colin Powell, Podesta and others responded to.

*This was the actual fake Bitly Link that was targeted to Podesta that Fancy Bear accidentally left non-private and allowed Cyber Security experts to monitor and trace-back.

arstechnica.com...

Crowdstrike, Secureworks and several other non-partisan, non-political cyber security firms have traced the hack and links directly to Fancy Bear (Russian Military Intelligence).

www.crowdstrike.com...

www.secureworks.com...

dailycaller.com...

www.esquire.com...

motherboard.vice.com...

www.politico.com...

www.nytimes.com...

The above links contain various information gleaned at different points of the analysis and investigation as it has been evolving.

Combined ...the evidence now traces directly back to Fancy Bear.

The big break was the one bitly link that wasn't closed after exploitation..

It was one of Fancy Bear’s “gravest mistakes,” as Thomas Rid, a professor at King's College who has closely studied the case, put it in a new piece published on Thursday in Esquire, as it gave researchers unprecedented visibility into the activities of Fancy Bear, linking different parts of its larger campaign together.

motherboard.vice.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

And we still have zero evidence of any of it. Want to know why? Because people like you don't need evidence if it follows the narrative you prefer.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

*sigh*

Ironically...Crowdstrike? That Link? The firm that laid bare the exact path from DNC hack to Russian Intelligence? Same firm Trump had managing it's security...but no, they must be some secret lying Democratic firm...

The Trump campaign has hired security firm CrowdStrike, which also is assisting the Democratic National Committee,

www.reuters.com...

A staffer working for Donald Trump’s presidential campaign had their email account compromised last year after being targeted in a cyber attack, Reuters reported Thursday.

The Trump campaign has responded by hiring CrowdStrike, the same security firm reviewing the recent DNC reach,

www.washingtontimes.com...

YES...The RNC and Trump campaign was hacked...Yes Trump hired the same firm that proved it was Russians that hacked the DNC.

YES...The Russians have the goods on Trump and the RNC...They better behave..Welcome to the new USA sponsored by Putin.
edit on 12-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

And we still have zero evidence of any of it. Want to know why? Because people like you don't need evidence if it follows the narrative you prefer.

Except for an unsecured Bitly Phishing link that they failed to close the door on leading directly back to Fancy Bear APT28 (Russian Military) confirmed by the same cyber-security firm Trump hired to secure his email communications....and virtually every cyber security analyst in the country that examined the same link and evidence...All posted above.

But ya...apart from that "zero evidence".
edit on 12-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Awesome, now you just need to show me the evidence that they leaked information to wikileaks.

It's SUSPECTED Fancy Bear APT28 is Russian government, and it's POSSIBLE they leaked information.

That is quite a bit off from what you want me to believe.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Except for an unsecured Bitly Phishing link that they failed to close the door on leading directly back to Fancy Bear APT28 (Russian Military) confirmed by the same cyber-security firm Trump hired to secure his email communications....and virtually every cyber security analyst in the country that examined the same link and evidence...All posted above.

But ya...apart from that "zero evidence".

...and there is no evidence that Fancy Bear was working for the Kremiln (or even for any Russian actor)...and even if this hacker was working for a Russian actor, there is zero evidence that it was in any way tied to Trump or the election. The same report also stated that this Fancy Bear was a well known hacker for years.

You have zero evidence of the claim. Read that again. Zero.
All you have is that a hacker, whose identity is unknown, attempted to hack the DNC as well as other targets over the years.
edit on 12/12/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Awesome, now you just need to show me the evidence that they leaked information to wikileaks.

IMO - - its illogical to think Wikileaks got only the selected material they have chosen to release.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

IMO - - its illogical to think Wikileaks got only the selected material they have chosen to release.

No, it's illogical to think that a hacker can just hack what they want with success.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Why, because it fits the narrative you like?

Many news outlets pushed a pro Clinton agenda, so assuming wikileaks pushed a pro Trump agenda all we have is things being even.

The only question is whether the releases were true or false. Why are you upset at truth being revealed? Most people dismissed it anyways because the MSM told them it was proven fake .. which was fake news ... which I thought we were supposed to hate.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

The only question is whether the releases were true or false. Why are you upset at truth being revealed?

Why do witnesses take an oath to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth? Where is the truth about Trump?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join