It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Russia hacked RNC, but did not leak info

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

“Intelligence agencies do not have specific intelligence showing officials in the Kremlin ‘directing’ the identified individuals to pass the Democratic emails to WikiLeaks,” the Washington Post reported.

So of course the russians did it...

Even your source admits to speculating over things... was the RNC hacked most likely, I doubt they want to spend the money to actually secure their online information.

But I am still waiting to hear proof that this was a russian directed operation, with the specific intention of putting Trump in the whitehouse.
edit on 11-12-2016 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

True.

Remember though stuff does come out about Republicans, hence man being locked in Embassy for like 10 years. He could have easily pampered Obama for pardon most people want to see.

Its interesting to say the least, it's been long process. Of course Russia is hacking America. America is hacking America. China ddefinitely does. It's world we live in. It's also easy to hack and blame another country through the deep web.

Lulsec hacked a lot of crap. Just to show incompetence of NSA/CIA. Laughed and said if few pranksters can do it anyone can. This really scary stuff though, with plane hijack blunder and knowing how bad our cyber security is..

Just for example of world we live in Lulsec and Anonymous are trying bust North Korea internet and got caught instantly. OpNorthKorea has been only real fail. Can imagine what North Korea could do? People wonder how America could fall to any nation is to knock out our grid. No phone, no web, no satellite, blackout then boom. I wish they could have turned those 26 sites to show "The Interview" movie. That would have been best lulz yet. Who knows maybe live to see it through.

If I was an American hacker, hacking the government, I could live in Boise, Idaho and phantom from Boise to Moscow, hack, leave foot prints to Moscow. Back door, front door my way back. Why would I do this? Cause WTF gonna do to random person in Russia? Me... I am in Boise freaking Idaho. NSA, CIA, FBI, and state marshals would rape to moon and back.

Not saying it's case, just saying it can happen very easily with good reason. No American would backdoor Pentagon waving an American IP, nor would he leave trace from foreign country back to America without needing computer in middle Russia.

NSA needs less restrictions to join. Be a lot better with stoner hackers or hackers who have the young party record.
edit on 11-12-2016 by Anonopolis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Where's any evidence?

Anyway, here is a great video about - I love the interviewer (who says he's not talking as a democrat but as an American... pfft). You can actually watch him transform into hulk. He turns bright red and gets reemed for the stupidity.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   

This is actually old news. Last year, 2015, the FBI informed both the RNC and the DNC that they had been hacked, as well as numerous government offices and staffers, including the Pentagon!

Starting in earnest in 2015, Russian hackers used sophisticated "spearphishing" techniques to steal emails and other data from Capitol Hill staffers, operatives of political campaigns and party organizations, and other people involved in the election and foreign policy. That's according to NBC News interviews with more than two dozen current and former U.S. officials, private sector cybersecurity experts and others familiar with the FBI-led investigation into the hacks.

"For the past two years, there has been a massive increase in hacking by the Russians," said Dmitri Alperovitch, a cybersecurity expert whose CrowdStrike firm was retained to investigate the hack of the Democratic National Committee.
The staffer said that many victims were notified by investigators that they had been hacked, and told to conduct damage assessments, but said the victims were not put under obligation to make the hacks public.
www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Times Of Israel ? Really ? Yeah ...
Not
You gettin as bad as bad as another poster I know....
Just put ANYTHING from ANYWHERE out there as long as it is anti-Right.
How bout a source like CNN , Fox , reporting that the CIA has found this out....
It doesnt exist

Yeah, US rightwingers that produce faked (that silly one with the half moons on the Cologne Cathedral and all that lies) videos about Germany and Europe, spreaded by Breitbart, are guaranteed better. If it fits the own bias, it´s ok, isn´t it?

Just put ANYTHING from ANYWHERE out there as long as it is anti-humanity and fits the rightwinger bias.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   

I remember early on the DNC contractor company saying all that.

Yet since then, in none of the MSM articles & such / party press release & official comments type stuff / government agency type press releases / ATS threads do I see with you guys trying to run this game / etc do I see anyone trying to argue this point anymore.

Why do you think that would be?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   

“We now have high confidence that they hacked the DNC and the RNC, and conspicuously released no documents” from the Republican organization, one senior administration official told The New York Times, referring to hackers allegedly working for the Russian government.
www.nytimes.com... Just tagging to follow and see if this is a Fake News story .

Republicans have a different explanation for why no documents from their networks were ever released. Over the past several months, officials from the Republican committee have consistently said that their networks were not compromised, asserting that only the accounts of individual Republicans were attacked. On Friday, a senior committee official said he had no comment.

edit on 11-12-2016 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

One senior government official, who had been briefed on an F.B.I. investigation into the matter, said that while there were attempts to penetrate the Republican committee’s systems, they were not successful.

It is unclear how many files were stolen from the Republican committee; in some cases, investigators never get a clear picture.
but I guess they can have a high degree of confidence . I wonder if its a high degree of confidence that it is unclear ...I am confused now

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Qumulys
Where's any evidence?

Anyway, here is a great video about - I love the interviewer (who says he's not talking as a democrat but as an American... pfft). You can actually watch him transform into hulk. He turns bright red and gets reamed for the stupidity.

This CNN guy is asking a really good question, but not a complete one. He asks "why Trump(who is not yet president) is not pursuing the matter of hacking". A better question is: If it has been going on for two years why hasn't the current president done anything about it and will Trump continue the efforts of the last two years? Of course since Obama hasn't done his job I guess he couldn't ask that question.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: muSSang
Seems to me they didn't find any criminal activities then, unlike Hillary's camp.

They didn't find any criminal activities in Podesta's emails either. They are keeping the RNC hacks up their sleeve to manipulate whichever Republican winds up President.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

The New York Times says,

That was all I needed to know, to ignore the whole story.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Rumor?

This # is getting dangerous. Do you guys not get that the internet is now being used as the most powerful weapon in an information war? Keep it up and it will be ruined for everyone but especially for legit CTers. We'll be social pariahs, possibly branded as some form of domestic terrorists.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

With all the whining about "fake news" [ funny how it only came up after they lost huh? ] and the push to drive anything anti Left off the internet, you have to wonder if that's the whole idea.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Another weak ploy by the democrat party elites to shift attention away from all their exposed corruption, and that they lost the election because of that corruption. This alleged hack of the RNC/DNC by blaming Russia is an attempt to strengthen the notion that everyone should focus on Russians hacking the USA, and not that the DNC is so corrupt they should be moved to Guantanamo prison.

Every bit of propaganda and fake news like this coming out disparages the Trump election victory and takes the focus off the DNC corruption and Hillary's criminal actions and collusion. Like her hiring D. W. Schultz after she got exposed and kicked to the curb without a bit of shame after it came out how obscenely corrupt she was to squelch Bernie Sanders from running. Yes, stop thinking about all of that and think how bad Russia is instead.

Because you lost and you're angry and to hell with American values. Sounds about right for the left and the MSM. (And that so called senior administration official whose legacy is about to become a footnote in the TOILET of historical toilets.:lol

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Ya, remember how the emails proved they stole the election from Bernie? No charges of racketeering in that that but suddenly talk of a general election reboot. That's BULL#.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: muSSang
Seems to me they didn't find any criminal activities then, unlike Hillary's camp.

They didn't find any criminal activities in Podesta's emails either. They are keeping the RNC hacks up their sleeve to manipulate whichever Republican winds up President.

The American people as a whole didn't see it that way though. They were shown that the DNC conspired with insider agents within the media using no holds barred, including the most dirty and slanderous things imaginable to demolish Bernie Sanders and force him out in outright obscene fashion which was quite shockingly revealed in the Podesta emails. There may actually be some felony conspiracy there, but that's going nowhere with corrupt Obama and his patsy girl Loretta Lynch-pin running the so called department of justice, or "just ice" if you measure the temperature of the blood running through these kinds of people's veins.

And THAT was shown in gory detail to all those millions of voters for the world to see, like a defibrillator shocking them awake, and that is why HRC was shown the exit door with the big ass kicking red white and blue boot on it.

link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Ya, remember how the emails proved they stole the election from Bernie? No charges of racketeering in that that but suddenly talk of a general election reboot. That's BULL#.

The DNC, RNC, Libertarian, and Green Party are non governmental organizations. They can choose their nominee anyway they want. The concern here is with influence on the general election, not the party nomination process. As the nomination process is an internal problem within those parties.

link   

Rumor?

This # is getting dangerous. Do you guys not get that the internet is now being used as the most powerful weapon in an information war? Keep it up and it will be ruined for everyone but especially for legit CTers. We'll be social pariahs, possibly branded as some form of domestic terrorists.

It'd be refreshing if ATS had more CTers, and less echochamber.

The issue isn't CTs, it's some elaborate combination concoction of crazy theory, meets justified mob mentality, where you take the 'connect the dots' portion of CT, and mix it with the stubbornness of political partisanship, remove the investigative junk, emphasize that being correct isn't as important as it is for something to be hypothetically possible, and 'to keep an open mind' means to assume guilt normally. It's a massive circle-jerk most of the time, where the most compelling evidence won't change any arguments or opinions and everyone confides in safespace narrative for their party neatly in their own topics.

The Right seems not to care at all about being convinced, their ideas are predetermined notions.

The Left seem to care more about the Right this year than ever. They seem to forget "Not them" isn't a platform, and have made terrible middle-ground, traditionally being the better party at that aspect.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Appears we were thinking along the same exact lines there

The way our current administration has his deck stacked in every department just for these contingencies is quite revealing, and it certainly is Bullsh#t.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

That was convenient because it "started" right after the Clinton email scandal was heating up.

Perfect deflective method to set up a scapegoat.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I want to wade through the technical information.

But I'm having a hard time finding it, seeing as it is coincidentally absent from the article in your OP.

Pure. Allegation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join