It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go your own way

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Its amazing looking a different ideologies and cultural differences, and the dogma that follows. I cant really say who is right nor who is wrong, since they all fill a different meaning and purpose.

I have no problem in believing in something i can see. But can i trust a man or a woman with a thought, raised within a cultural dogma? Cause most of the things we do in life usually has an ulterior motive, the very essence of our nature is our strength yet our weakness.

Having both feet in solid soil in our real world, makes every step along the way easier, despite finding other interests along the way.

I believe going in someone elses footsteps will make anyone go mad, a subjective view of someone that is not you.
What i meant to say, follow your own steps, not someone you think holds a clue.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Off Topic... From this video I'm am more impressed with Lindsey Buckingham. For he flat rocked that song finger-picking the whole thing, solo and all. Never knew he rolled that way.

On topic.. I agree.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Every system of thought begins with a set of assumptions accepted to be absolutely true without any proof. Once you have a set of assumptions, statements are evaluated as being truthful. false, or insane. The base assumptions plus acceptable statements make up a person's personal dogma.

Each of us has our own personal dogma. This is why some people seem insane because they do not share the set of assumptions as you do or they have a different set of assumptions.

If you listen hard enough, you can read a person's assumptions from how they speak. If you are really good at it you can pretend to hold the same set of assumptions as being true and then have a deep conversation with the other person. Or, at least, they will not think you are a threat.

I'm not sure it really matters which set of assumptions you take to be the basis of your dogma. So you might as well choose the set that gives you the most meaningful and fulfilling life.

Just take your pick:

1. God is real
2. Jesus is the only way
3. Extraterrestrials are real
4. Time is real
5. 9/11 was a false flag operation
6. You are one of the "chosen" people
7. Your wife finds you sexy

You don't need evidence when you have assumptions.
edit on 10-12-2016 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Im not sure what assumptions has to do with cultural dogma? Do you follow your state laws? Do you follow your ideologies or principals, most of those builds character? Are you assuming you have a character?
We dont have our own personal dogma, we have our own ideals, even I have a cultural upbringing, its to learn what i can do or not do in society.

Am i assuming when i look at our nature? Do i assume when i find someone attractive? Or are there core principals?
Anyone knows what a good looking person looks like?

And 1-7 of your assumptions, are? Assumptions? Im not following you at all, and i believe why is cause you probably interpret the word in what you think it means, not actually what it means, and you can probably make any assumption from that, mostly cause you dont know what it means.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Here is question: Why aren't critical thinking skills taught in traditional classrooms?

top topics

join