It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Change who you are by how you think

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I jumped into a fascinating rabbit hole called psychology, i wont portray nor everything i came across, cause its more likely it will do more damage to people than good so, instead i follow a single quote;" What makes you happy ".

The most intriguing part is that our brain or the plasticity of it (from the Greek word 'plastos' meaning molded) has an extraordinary ability to modify its own structure. Our brain and how we think and perceive the world, our mood and how we confront it, can be altered with a short amount of a time span between 12-18 months.

In our infancy these 12-18 months are the most critical for our way of interaction, in our adult stage, the same amount of time takes to alter who you are. Maybe you feel you are going mad, most likely you are, but arent we all a bit mad.

But society falls to easily on drugs, most cause people want a quick fix, and in the end it wont resolve the problem. Its how we think, not how we feel, thoughts create feelings not the other way around..
It was a famous psychologist in the 19th century who coined the phrase above, but to be truthful;" What you think, you become. What you feel, you attract. What you imagine, you create. " A phrase quoted thousands of years before, by a man called Buddha.

In order to remember, we must forget.

Recent research shows that when your brain retrieves newly encoded information, it suppresses older related information so that it does not interfere with the process of recall. Now a team of European researchers has identified a neural pathway that induces forgetting by actively erasing memories. The findings could eventually lead to novel treatments for conditions such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

Since its over fifty psychologists im doing my research on, i cant remember which one of them coined what, so im just gonna make this thread into the metaphysics and philosophy department.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Someone once told me 'Where you set your limits, those are your limits'. No limits, endless plasticity. S & F

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TatTvamAsi

still have the natural laws though

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
a reply to: TatTvamAsi

still have the natural laws though

I wasn't referring to natural laws but mans mind. Like what you eat, is what you become.

top topics

join