It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Clinton Fan Manufactured Fake News That MSNBC Personalities Spread to Discredit WikiLeaks Docs

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I'm posting this in the Mud Pit because I expect you all to get muddy.

SOURCE

So while we are on the topic of Fake News and Russia's involvement in the election, let's take a look at one article that sums it all up pretty nicely for those of you who forgot.

THE PHRASE “FAKE NEWS” has exploded in usage since the election, but the term is similar to other malleable political labels such as “terrorism” and “hate speech”; because the phrase lacks any clear definition, it is essentially useless except as an instrument of propaganda and censorship. The most important fact to realize about this new term: those who most loudly denounce Fake News are typically those most aggressively disseminating it.

My bolds.

One of the most egregious examples was the recent Washington Post article hyping a new anonymous group and its disgusting blacklist of supposedly pro-Russia news outlets – a shameful article mindlessly spread by countless journalists who love to decry Fake News, despite the Post article itself being centrally based on Fake News. (The Post this week finally added a lame editor’s note acknowledging these critiques; the Post editors absurdly claimed that they did not mean to “vouch for the validity” of the blacklist even though the article’s key claims were based on doing exactly that).

What's that? WaPo's editors stuck a disclaimer in there? For those unfamiliar with the list there is a thread about it here and the actual list can be found here.

Now we have an even more compelling example. Back in October, when WikiLeaks was releasing emails from the John Podesta archive, Clinton campaign officials and their media spokespeople adopted a strategy of outright lying to the public, claiming – with no basis whatsoever – that the emails were doctored or fabricated and thus should be ignored. That lie – and that is what it was: a claim made with knowledge of its falsity or reckless disregard for its truth – was most aggressively amplified by MSNBC personalities such as Joy Ann Reid and Malcolm Nance, The Atlantic’s David Frum, and Newsweek’s Kurt Eichenwald.

That the emails in the Wikileaks archive were doctored or faked – and thus should be disregarded – was classic Fake News, spread not by Macedonian teenagers or Kremlin operatives but by established news outlets such as MSNBC, the Atlantic and Newsweek. And, by design, this Fake News spread like wildfire all over the internet, hungrily clicked and shared by tens of thousands of people eager to believe it was true. As a result of this deliberate disinformation campaign, anyone reporting on the contents of the emails was instantly met with claims that the documents in the archive had been proven fake.

Does anybody remember Malcom Nance? If you think Trump's tweets are baseless and factually inaccurate, wait till you see what Malcom Nance had the balls to tweet.

The most damaging such claim came from MSNBC’s intelligence analyst Malcolm Nance. As I documented on October 11, he tweeted what he – for some bizarre reason – labeled an “Official Warning.” It decreed: “#PodestaEmails are already proving to be riddled with obvious forgeries & #blackpropaganda not even professionally done.” That tweet was re-tweeted by more than 4,000 people. It was vested with added credibility by Clinton-supporting journalists like Reid and Frum (“expert to take seriously”).

All of that, in turn, led to an article in something called “The Daily News Bin” with the headline: “MSNBC intelligence expert: WikiLeaks is releasing falsified emails not really from Hillary Clinton.” This classic fake news product – citing Nance and Reid among others – was shared more than 40,000 times on Facebook alone.

FROM THE START, it was obvious that it was this accusation from Clinton supporters – not the WikiLeaks documents – that was a complete fraud, perpetrated on the public as deliberate disinformation. With regard to the claim about the Podesta emails, now we know exactly who created it in the first instance: a hard-core Clinton fanatic.

When Nance – MSNBC’s “intelligence analyst” – issued his “Official Warning,” he linked to a tweet that warned: “Please be skeptical of alleged #PodestaEmails. Trumpists are dirtying docs.” That tweet, in turn, linked to a tweet from an anonymous account calling itself “The Omnivore,” which had posted an obviously fake transcript purporting to be a Hillary Clinton speech to Goldman Sachs. Even though that fake document was never published by WikiLeaks, that was the entire basis for the MSNBC-inspired claim that some of the WikiLeaks documents were doctored.

If I had to take anybody's word for it at face value, I would believe Assange when he told the world that Russia was not responsible for the leaks. After all, Wikileaks has a perfect track record for publishing authentic documents. It's the leftist MSM that has been pushing propaganda the entire time.

When will they learn that they cannot outsmart us?

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Well that works.

When will they learn that they cannot outsmart us?

How many us?

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Well, they outsmarted lots of people. We may be able to see it, but we are members of a conspiracy site. We are a minority in this country and even then, there are some here that can not see what they are doing.......both sides do this kind of crap.....the people running the country are experts of deception....they also have followers who do stuff like this. Some people believe they are doing justice by creating fake stuff to back the group they associate themselves with. The group may not even know of these people doing this kind of stuff. Chaos is the new norm.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I agree.

And I will add that as long as there is an internet, the truth cannot be censored.

So it won't come as a surprise to me when they try and censor the internet.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Pretty smart of Hillary.

Spread obvious false info to discredit the true information that was damning.

Then assault "fake news" so that anything else that comes out can be put into a ready-made category that the masses already accept.

Diabolical!

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Pretty smart of Hillary.

Now that would be giving her too much credit.

Do you really believe that Hillary came up with these strategies herself? Or at all?

I'm pretty sure it was her campaign staff in collusion with the MSM that thought all this up, and probably under the direction of Soros.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Wikileaks is compromised.

There's really not much else the tech normies needs to know at this time.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Wikileaks is compromised.

Proof?

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: DBCowboy

Pretty smart of Hillary.

Now that would be giving her too much credit.

Do you really believe that Hillary came up with these strategies herself? Or at all?

I'm pretty sure it was her campaign staff in collusion with the MSM that thought all this up, and probably under the direction of Soros.

Right, Hillary is good at deception, but not that good. She is not the Devil.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

True.

I may be giving that fetid cow too much credit.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

For me, the fact that Mr. Assange hasn't come forward himself to discredit the wiki stuff speaks volumes.

I can see how there are people who would say;
"How does that nice green grass smell?"

And then turn around and say to their friends;
"That's not green grass, I farted!"

We hear chuckling in the background while we eat it up- none the wiser.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

For me, the fact that Mr. Assange hasn't come forward himself to discredit the wiki stuff speaks volumes.

What 'wiki stuff' are you referring to?

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Well, they outsmarted lots of people. We may be able to see it, but we are members of a conspiracy site. We are a minority in this country and even then, there are some here that can not see what they are doing.......both sides do this kind of crap.....the people running the country are experts of deception....they also have followers who do stuff like this. Some people believe they are doing justice by creating fake stuff to back the group they associate themselves with. The group may not even know of these people doing this kind of stuff. Chaos is the new norm.

"Ordo ab chao."

The chaos that has been created is unparalleled.

"They," retain their order this way.

The American people, again, have fallen for it. We are more divided now than ever and I see BOTH sides of the extremes of the partisan-paradigm that are outright decreeing and blaming the other side for all the woes this nation faces.

I see a lot of talk about implementing Unconstituional measures in place to quell our own Americans - and for some reason, the American populace is cheering on the demise of our very own freedom.

Scary times imo.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: loveguy

What 'wiki stuff' are you referring to?

He's a person for the people? His website; and now he has no voice to speak of.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Oh now you've done it!

Where's Chelsea at when we need him??

join