It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Two Dead, Two Hurt In Jeep Plant Shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   
A recently disciplined auto worker burst into a Toledo, OH Jeep production plant in with a shotgun. He ordered an employee to call over three other workers and then opened fire, killing a supervisor and wounding two others. He then fatally shot himself in the head.

www.cnn.com
The shootings at the Jeep Liberty Plant began about 8:45 p.m. Wednesday when the gunman leveled the shotgun he had hidden under his coat at a woman and told her he was there to shoot three people, police Chief Mike Navarre said.

Police identified the gunman as Myles Meyers, 54, of Toledo. By the time police arrived, Meyers had killed himself. The conditions of the injured workers -- one of whom was also a supervisor -- were not released.

The supervisor who died was identified as Roy Thacker, 50, of the town of Oregon, according to a coroner's investigator. He died at a hospital.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is very close to home, to me, I live about 20 minutes from the Jeep plant.

This was breaking news last night, while I was watching TV, all I could think about was those scared workers.

Prayers to the families and the injured.

[edit on 27-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I read this story earlier. What struck me the hardest was that the lady was pretty much forced to decide whether she was going to call the supervisor over the PA to the office - which means she was summoning him to his death

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I can almost guarantee that one of the things is most likely to go through MY mind in that situation, is "This guy's pointing a gun at me, and he's' lookin' pretty angry right now. If I say no, he might shoot me immediately. If I call the others over here, maybe it'll buy me some time, or maybe he'll change his mind...but at this exact moment, I think I'm going to die if I refuse". I can just imagine that playing through her mind as well, along with anyone else's. When instinctual fear kicks in, I can't say I really blame a person for being overcome with the instinct of self-preservation, and buying time. 99% of the people on this planet will never feel that kind of adrenaline, and adrenaline is a drug that is near impossible to overcome when it hits the bloodstream as hard and fast as I'm sure it did with her.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
one scary situation to be in, thats for sure.

I don't know what I would have done. I don't think that anyone can honestly answer that question either.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I find myself glad he killed himself, rather than having lawyers coming out of the woodwork to defend him later.

Why is there any discussion about the woman summoning them at all? We the "sheeple" have been trained , or conditioned, to not fight back, to not even think of angering the bad guys, much less react in some way to protect others at the cost of our own lives/health/financial safety. There's no way any Joe (Joann?) Q. Public could be expected to react any differently. I sincerely hope she's not feeling any guilt about this, nor any media or acquaintances of hers making the same suggestions. Poor girl has enough second guessing of her own.

The blame goes to the shooter. Not the gun, not anyone on the scene or in the building. Focus should be on the survivors, not the perpetrator or the circumstances.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
What the hell? I posted this story the second it interuppted Simple Life. How did you beat me to the punch elevatedone? I literally posted it minutes after they story broke, hell, got some info from my dad not mentioned by the news since he works there and knew the area/people. Damn you must be a quick typist.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
JTL.... I don't know.... I also saw the report last night while watching TV, but didn't submit it until this morning ?

new topics

top topics

join