It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My prediction for Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Give it some time. Trump hasn't even been inaugurated and he's already the most divisive president in modern history.

Once the mask is off and the never Hillary people see who he really is, only his most rabid alt-right followers will continue to support him.

Most people in America including the people in the government don't like Trump, so I think 4 years is as long as he'll get. If that.

Your fisrt line I agree with, give him a fricken chance people!!!

Your 2nd and 3rd lines I find disturbing, you sound like your not even open to the possibility he will do well and actually represent the American people.

I think the biggest obstacle for Trumps presidency will be the never Trumps, I think for you guys its not gonna matter what he does you will always hate him. Luckily I believe you guys will be in the minority, the reason its easy for me too believe that is you guys were the ones saying he didnt have a chance to win the Republican nomination then he wouldnt win the Presidency, then he wouldnt get elected because of recounts etc etc etc

Do you see a pattern?
I point it out for ya, you guys are always wrong.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Makarky. Obama has been the most divisive president

Obama isn't the divisive one, you republicans are. And that doesn't have anything to do with the economic status of middle class and poor people.

That's just more magical thinking by Republicans, like how they said the country was bad because Clinton wasn't "honorable" enough, so then the elected Bush who had no sex scandals but destroyed the country, the middle east and the world economy.

Really? Funny I don't hear Republicans call everyone they disagree with a racist.

Bush was a terrible president, almost as bad as Obama, but for different reasons.

Obama supports Black Lives Matter, whose entire cause is non nonsensical. More whites are shot by the cops than blacks. But facts don't matter apparently. They take dubious cases where the person getting shot was reaching for a gun and still blame the cops for shooting.

Logic does not apply to that group, all they are is racist haters, yet Obama supports them by bringing their leaders to the white house.

For anyone saying Obama was a good president, please give me one reason why - just one, because I really cannot see anything he accomplished. He has made a mess of the middle east, let ISIS spread to dozens of countries, surrendered like a bitch to Iran, worsened our relations with Israel and Russia.

Then on the domestic side, he doubled our debt - created more debt than all other presidents in history combined. Has created racial tension that did not exist 8 years ago. Has claimed to improve the economy, when in truth there no improvement, and in many cases things are worse.

His signature legislation is Obamacare - which is an unmitigated disaster for 95% of the population.

I get it, he is a good speaker - and for most people who do not pay attention at all that is all they know, but it does not make him a good president.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: CB328

Barack Obama single handedly destroyed the fabric of our nation and your worried about Trump.

And Clinton would have put half the nation on food stamps.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

How ignorant of history can one be to believe a statement like that? Just how out and out ignorant. Or maybe one is only about 16 years old.

I seem to recall decades and decades of economic down-turn. Decades and decades of social social degeneration. Decades and decades of increasing control and manipulation by the establishment.

Oh, and yeah, how about the near complete collapse of the entire economic system that scared the crap out of everybody before he was elected and directly influenced so many to vote for him.

But I guess it is easier to just write one sentence and place the blame on the most convenient and popular scapegoat.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Interesting assessment, but I actually think it won't get that far. I think he is likely to end up getting impeached, everything considered. He is thin skinned, childish, incompetent, and in over his head, and his multitude of conflicts of interest and inability to keep himself away from twitter are going to ruin him.

Believe it or not, it's not Trump that worries me. It's the clowns he surrounds himself with.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Fair evaluation CB. However you did forget 'cutting'. Up here in the northwest, even though Oregon and Washington did not vote for him, things are abuzz for at least a boom period of timber harvest. We are also anticipating oil rigs off our coast.

I don't think that SS and medicare will be cut as so much of the cash flow of the country depends upon those SS checks that retirees receive. Likely there will be some shuffling of numbers but it makes little sense economically to take that cash out of the system.

About all I can disagree with from your OP is when you suggest that Trump is pretty smart.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Lol you think highly of your own opinion, 49 here smart guy and very successful despite the economic nuke Obama dropped on our nation via the ACA.

Now run along get on your soapbox and practice your indgnance in the bathroom mirror.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Thats how I saw the last 8 years.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
His staff seemed to change as he was given the first levels of Disclosure, I think this is a wise choice for the future they feel people are not ready to know about yet will take Military intelligence to counter.

Not time to rejoice or relax, start your preps if you have not and enjoy life today for tomorrow is uncertain.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Honestly if that's all he does is that any less than Obama has done. Has the standard of living for the Working class gone up the last 8 yrs? He signed legislation that would've sent more of our jobs overseas. Honestly look at what you're writing and compare it to what we have.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
We need to jail Hillary

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

a reply to: underwerks

Makarky. Obama has been the most divisive president, and continues to be, he has ramped up racial tensions, highlighted right and left politics and disparaged half the nation he was supposed to lead and thats hust a few of the multtude of availavle examples.

Says you. Look outside at the world. Reality doesn't agree with you.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I predict under a Trump administration that the term "too big to fail" will now be seen as a good thing.

Bailouts = good
Banksters = good
Corporate lobbyists = good
Crony captalism = good
Federal Reserve = good
Goldman Sachs = good
Corporate cartel mergers = good

Long gone will be the days where we ATS members all agree that TPTB are bad people out to screw us over to line their own pockets... they'll now be our new unsung heroes.

I'm going to miss those good ol' ATS conspiracy days.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
These alt-left crybabies just don't have the ability to contain their emotions because they lost everything resembling political power. While Trump hasn't even taken office yet, they believe they can predict what is going to happen because their prejudices are blind to any other possibility.

Really because they believe their powers of prediction are that good just like they had when laughing at the right about Clinton walking away with the win and Trump having zero chance. Hell, even Obama thought he was a psychic.

Some of them are just starting to get over the first stage of grief. The five stages, denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance are a part of the framework that makes up their learning to live with the loss. If that is even possible.

It will be ok cupcakes. Here is something you might want to keep by your side so you can easily get to it over the next 8 years.

I am sorry to see your grief having such a terrible effect on your comrades. I would throw a pity party for you but I am all out of therapy dogs, crayons, play dough, etc. I think the universities have them though along with safe places and grief counselors.

Until you guys get yourselves together, here is a participation award so you can feel you participated in making this country strong, safe, and great again.

Seriously, you alt-leftists need to get a grip on reality and at least wait until something actually happens before having a hissy fit and continuing to believe you are right with all your predictions because if you look in the mirror you will see a person that so far is batting a fat zero.

Perhaps we could get a safe space forum going just for alt-left to console each other. Maybe call it a cry room. Until then, we will just try to accommodate your bitch sessions where you are about as right as the 'world ending in the year 2000' prophecies.

edit on 10/12/16 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

You seem to think CEO's are out to destroy the peons of the world

How do you think their companies make billions of dollars?? They extract it from us in any way possible which is bankrupting the American people. And people in third world countries they poison, use slave labor, steal their resources, and when the people protest they pay to have the protest leaders assassinated, so yes they are out to destroy peons.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
You know what they say....

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

I'm going to be fair and balanced lets look at Obama and his two terms. He pledged to deliver universal health care within four years, help families struggling from "paycheck to paycheck," seek to end poverty in America, close out a "war with no end" and make future generations proud by defusing the threat from global warming. So heres the run down he did deliver universal healthcare but lied at the cost. the program is costing trillions and was just a replacement for Medicare. However the program did cover 17 million who were without healthcare.

Most American's are still living pay check to paycheck and poverty reached a record high of 50 million below the poverty level. However he did help in the recovery of the housing market crash and without his stimulus plan like it or not it would have been worse.

Now he ended the wars as promised in Afghanistan and Iraq though not quickly enough some would argue. And of course failed to close gitmo. Here now though is completely reversing this saying American's need to stay in Iraq for the foreseeable future. So hes undoing a major success here.

Now global warming like it or not he took the fight to congress and helped get support for the green industries and done things like block the keystone pipeline. Have to say he followed his pledge and overall tried to move us to green energy with some success.

Now the division claim yes Obama was not above getting down and dirty using race to pass his agendas. Obviously it didn't work but it has left a nasty taste in many American's mouths. Now to be fair there were obstructionists his entire 8 years and that heled contribute to his lack luster performance. However most presidents have to deal with an opposition group opposed to there policies. What Obama did is entrenched them instead of trying to get them to work with him often using executive order to do an end run.

So as his final report card id have to give his presidency a d. He had the opportunity to do ground breaking things in office and squandered it all away. Hes not the worst president we have ever had but considering the potential he had being listed as mediocre in the history books is sad.

Now to the people grading trump he hasn't taken office yet meaning there's nothing to grade. But from a speculation stand point heres the way I see it. Trump will be great for businesses they will make money the question becomes can policies be set up so that money stays here? I'm skeptical in nature so I say no but will see.

Foreign policy will be difficult for Trump He is used to enforcing his will on others like every other CEO. When dealing with certain countries like Russia this is a plus considering Putin operates from the same play book. Dealing with Europe however it will be a complete disaster. Europe is all about politics and I fear Trump will fail here unless he learns quickly. In truth I'm hoping he leaves Europe to Pence he is more than capable of playing politics. So this is the scariest part of the wait and see approach.

Now domestic policy Trump will do well in this arena. He sees himself as a builder and he sees America as broken and will attempt to fix it. The key here will be dependent on what he does with social programs. Like it or not they are a reality in presidential politics. He knows for example you cant touch social security so no fear there. But he is planning on repealing ACA it needs to be done but doing it the wrong way can lead to even bigger disasters in the future. This is going to be a huge test of his administration since reality is a strictly free market approach will not work. Infrastructure will probably be his greatest success lets face it presidents for decades have ignored it and we are sadly in need of new roads and bridges. And inner cities need severe help renovating them many are still dealing with infrastructure built in the 50s. I don't think he will have a huge impact here mostly because the opposition he will receive from his own party but we will see.

But With Trump trying to grade him as president is silly since he hasn't even taken office yet so the fear is unfounded in general. But I will say Trump has a need to be liked in case you havnt noticed. So this need may indeed drive him to do somethings very popular to the masses. B0u0t along the same line he really really really doesn't play well with others and this in and of itself may be the worst problem he faces.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

a reply to: Greggers

Quality evaluations? Trump hasnt even served a day and you cry babies are making up stories about what you hope happens so you all can feel vindicared in your opinions.

When does speculation make someone a crybaby? We all speculate. Even you, I suspect, are speculating about all the wonderful things that might happen under his reign. A "made up story" wouldn't fly for vindication anywhere, except those outright lies which have been heavily repeated and believed by Trump and his camp.

There is nothing wrong with speculation when reasons are provided to explain the thought-process, which has been done here.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

edit on 12/10/2016 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Interesting assessment, but I actually think it won't get that far. I think he is likely to end up getting impeached, everything considered. He is thin skinned, childish, incompetent, and in over his head, and his multitude of conflicts of interest and inability to keep himself away from twitter are going to ruin him.

Believe it or not, it's not Trump that worries me. It's the clowns he surrounds himself with.

Trump just stepped in a yugggeeee pile of **** when he threw the CIA under the bus. His ego and narcissism will be his demise. Trump is even to stupid to know who he's dealing with. He'll find out very soon.

www.mirror.co.uk...

"in over his head" is an understatment!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join