It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My prediction for Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I have been thinking a lot about what's going to happen to America in the next few years, and I had a bit of a revelation.
Trump is assembling a very far-right administration that will most likely make America miserable for the majority of people who have to work for a living. However some areas will see their economy improve, due to increased drilling and mining, while areas that don't have these resources probably won't have much improvement.

At the same time, Trump is pretty smart, and very conscious about his image, so most likely he will want people to approve of his work as President, and will formulate a strategy to win peoples' approval even after their lives are made worse by having things like social security and medicare cut, privatized or eliminated.

What I think will happen is that Trump will try make deals like the Carrier deal in strategic areas all around the country to get good press in every state. That way, even if a state doesn't isn't doing any better four years from now, he can still claim that he helped them and then say that he improved the entire country, whether most people are doing better or not.

What I don't know is if people will be dumb enough to fall for it. Judging from recent history though, I would have to say that yes, people probably will be that stupid and he'll be re-elected.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Barack Obama single handedly destroyed the fabric of our nation and your worried about Trump.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Give it some time. Trump hasn't even been inaugurated and he's already the most divisive president in modern history.

Once the mask is off and the never Hillary people see who he really is, only his most rabid alt-right followers will continue to support him.

Most people in America including the people in the government don't like Trump, so I think 4 years is as long as he'll get. If that.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Barack Obama single handedly destroyed the fabric of our nation and your worried about Trump.

Your post is actually a good example of what the OP is talking about.

People are terrible at making quality evaluations of whether a President was worthwhile, especially while he's still in office. The only truly terrible President we've had in the last 45 years is W -- and even he doesn't crack the top ten worst of all time. Most historians rank Obama as a solid, middle-of-the-pack President. Neither one of these guys "destroyed the fabric of our nation."

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Yeak, makes sense, we should listen to the same crowd that said he would lose in a landslide. Whatever predictive models the left has been using are wrong.

Let's see what happens. Working people have been taking it on the chin for a while. ACA did very little to help the working class. They got to chose between paying a fine, which will get bigger, or paying absurd costs for crappy healthcare plans. Only the people already already living destitute got any benefit. The working poor got screwed.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

How exactly did he do that?

In regards to the OP, I think your guess is pretty plausible. Generally I think people will continue to stick to party lines. People who didn't want Trump president will find plenty of examples of why he's 'destroying the fabric of our nation' and ignore any successes or find reasons to dislike even positive changes. People who do support him will highlight anything positive while ignoring the negatives or finding reasons why they're good.

I've already seen plenty of arguments from Trump supporters that the Goldman Sachs involvement in his cabinet is a good thing due to their experience in economic matters, even though I feel that it's likely these same people felt, pre-election, that Goldman Sachs was Clinton's bedfellow.

People are terribly caught up in what they already believe, and very few judge each case on their merits. I really don't either, who has the time? But one thing I do believe is that a Democrat or a Republican doesn't make a person good or bad, or make a person a good or bad politician. Every politician has it in them to do a good job, or a bad one.

It's in their actions that they prove good and bad.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

The working poor got screwed.

Not by Obama. They've been getting screwed for decades by the same people that Trump is filling his administration with- business people. The same people that were getting bonuses for denying people healthcare that they paid for, or who've been raking in trillons of dollars of interest and fees from us but convince us that it's the government's fault they don't have enough money.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Makarky. Obama has been the most divisive president, and continues to be, he has ramped up racial tensions, highlighted right and left politics and disparaged half the nation he was supposed to lead and thats hust a few of the multtude of availavle examples.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

Quality evaluations? Trump hasnt even served a day and you cry babies are making up stories about what you hope happens so you all can feel vindicared in your opinions.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Makarky. Obama has been the most divisive president

Obama isn't the divisive one, you republicans are. And that doesn't have anything to do with the economic status of middle class and poor people.

That's just more magical thinking by Republicans, like how they said the country was bad because Clinton wasn't "honorable" enough, so then the elected Bush who had no sex scandals but destroyed the country, the middle east and the world economy.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Not by Obama. They've been getting screwed for decades by the same people that Trump is filling his administration with- business people. The same people that were getting bonuses for denying people healthcare that they paid for, or who've been raking in trillons of dollars of interest and fees from us but convince us that it's the government's fault they don't have enough money.

Who proposed the ACA and let the insurance industry get a golden parachute? They knew damned well that it would not work, but the promised profit got them to sign up.

Before it was passed all the left was screaming about the evil insurance companies and how they were responsible for the mess. Just like I predicted it was those same insurance companies that they gave control over the ACA roll-out. Absolute pile of crap.

So who is to blame for the ACA? Obama seemed fine with letting the insurance industry take it over. They had been screwing 'average joe' for years. If they were to blame for the healthcare crisis and made a fortune on it why the hell would anybody think they would be the ones to fix it?

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

I am not a fan of President Obama, but it is not true that he single handily destroyed the fabric of America. The fabric of America was already worn, torn, and frayed long before Obama came on the scene.

While I will admit that our government is dry rotted to the core, we have to take some responsibility for that. We keep believing their lies, we keep supporting the same people, groups, and corporations that are sucking us dry. We keep giving our money, and supporting the businesses that strip our country of jobs, that bring in workers through government sponsored programs, and are destroying the Earth's natural resource at home and abroad.

They are never going to create the changes we want and need. The onus of that falls squarely on our shoulders.

edit on 10-12-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Word edit.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

See thats a perfect example of how delusional you folks are, I am a,registered Independent . But because I dont worship at the alter of Barack Obama, I must be a Republican huh?

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Obama isn't the divisive one, you republicans are. And that doesn't have anything to do with the economic status of middle class and poor people.

That's just more magical thinking by Republicans, like how they said the country was bad because Clinton wasn't "honorable" enough, so then the elected Bush who had no sex scandals but destroyed the country, the middle east and the world economy.

Yes, Obama has been a real benefit to the middle east.

I like how he withdrew from the middle east and stopped waging endless wars over there to install leaders we like. He should get a Nobel for his pacifist stance in the middle east.

Your boy has been responsible for death and destruction in the middle east. You can't deflect with blaming it on Bush, Obama is president. People are still getting killed by our hand in the middle east. We are currently operating in a sovereign nation uninvited and killing people. That wasn't Bush. Bush isn't responsible anymore.

Hypocritical nonsense.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
My prediction for trump:

He will relegate Obama to the jimmy carter zone....
Meaning he will completely obliterate all evidence Obama was ever in office...

And I can't wait..

-Chris

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

the insurance industry take it over. They had been screwing 'average joe' for years

Yes they've been ripping off Americans for decades, so why did you say it's Obama's fault that poor people are hurting?

The reality is that Obama has done almost nothing that's actually harmful to Americans, it's a bunch of BS, hyperbole and exaggeration.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
My prediction for trump:

He will relegate Obama to the jimmy carter zone....
Meaning he will completely obliterate all evidence Obama was ever in office...

And I can't wait..

-Chris

If there was no evidence Jimmy Carter was ever in office, how are we to know who you're talking about? And how did you even recall his name?

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

...it's Obama's fault that poor people are hurting...

When you quote something out of context it is appropriate to use ellipsis.

Otherwise it can be misleading. As seen above.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

The working poor got screwed.

You know, this is a weak argument. You just don't understand capitalism.

You seem to think CEO's are out to destroy the peons of the world. That is just a completely wrong premise. Their goal is to build a successful, profitable company for their shareholders. Does that potentially hurt the average American worker, yes, but it is not the goal it is a side effect caused by our current set of laws. If the laws are changed as Trump has promised, American workers will again be competitive.

What you don't understand is Trump is now making their company America, and the shareholders are the American people. They have track records of success and now are working for us. Big business is not the enemy, unless it is allowed to become monopolistic, which is something I hope Trump will do something about.

If Trump was really working for the corporate elite, do you really think he would get virtually no campaign contributions from them while hillary got hundreds of Millions, that the party establishment of both the Republicans and Democrats would hate him, that nearly every media outlet would attack him more viciously than anyone in history?

This is not hard to understand if you look at the facts without bias, Trump is on the American people's side, not the establishments - that is why they hate him.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I think he's going to get all these companies more subsidies than they already had, just like he got Indiana to subsidize Carriers' automation. And the masses of morons will praise him for their own poverty.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join