It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck's Regrets

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Beck should have some regrets. He was/is part of the Right Wing propaganda machine that created the environment in which a Trump-like person could win the WH.

He helped create the extreme Right Wing base that Trump took advantage of.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Don't forget the Democratic strongholds switching sides. There isn't much of an "extreme right base" when looking at the demographics.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

And yes, he and everyone else in right wing media is responsible for Trump and the general destruction of America.

So the left had no fault in this? Nominating a woman who is documented to be guilty of felony crimes and who ignored subpoenas in order to try to erase records of her guilt? It's all available to read. The left nominated a terrible and corrupt candidate in spite of all the evidence. The Clinton crowd was blind. This election falls on the shoulders of the left. Of course you, and the rest, won't own your failure. You want somebody else to take the blame for failing.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

There isn't much of an "extreme right base" when looking at the demographics.

Of course there is. Just because some Dems jumped ship does not mean there is not a Right Wing base that Trump exploited. Beck, Hannity and the like are responsible for a poorly-informed, ignorant base.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

By extreme right wing base, I thought you meant extreme right-wing base. My apologies for the misread.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Who knows? In the end Beck may be proud that he helped the greatest president in history get into office. Time will tell.

I hope you are right. To be honest I don't have a lot of faith in Trump being able to pull off all that many are stuffing in his basket. We have a pretty good idea of what to expect with 8 more years of a fat, complacent, rotten government. With Trump it is a game of wait and see.

That is the problem. It doesn't matter if Trump is able to do some of the things he says or not, if he is going to be replaced with more the same toxic poison we are trying to rid ourselves of. They are fueling and manipulating a mere 25% of the population to create as much of a ruckus and a divide as possible, to prevent the 75% that voted by ballot or by absence, from forming any type of union and working together to dump our polluted government.

Preventing the old guard from getting the Presidency is only the first stage. We have only caged the bird. There is a lot more that has to be done before we can serve the goose.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Absolutely right. Unlike the naysayers, Trump supporters need to hold Trump accountable for his actions, not his words. We cannot see the results of his actions until after they happen. We simply cannot know if he will be a good or bad leader until his presidency is in our hindsight.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Alcoholics---Recovered, Recovering, or Unrecovered are the trickiest charming fuks I have ever met. That diseased ego reforms itself on a regular basis. Can trick even the wisest of people. Doesn't matter if they work the 164 pages to a thorough T and help thousands.
edit on 10-12-2016 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
F Glenn Beck!

He's scum. He's FAKE. He should have been born In Germany in roughly 1908. That would have had him in ideal position to be one of Goebbels top henchmen. That's why he's such a pissy person; everyday he laments being in the wrong timeline.
edit on 10-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Absolutely right. Unlike the naysayers, Trump supporters need to hold Trump accountable for his actions, not his words. We cannot see the results of his actions until after they happen. We simply cannot know if he will be a good or bad leader until his presidency is in our hindsight.

One of the reasons I said "I don't trust Trump supporters" is because their emotional involvement in the cult like adoration of Donald Trump won't allow them to hold Trump accountable for his actions. If they can excuse his trashy behavior now; why would they change? They even seek to emulate the object of their affection with excuses, finger pointing and straw man obfuscations.

Trump has started a new religion and it has little resemblance to Christianity.
edit on 10-12-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

If they don't hold him accountable it will be an egregious mistake. But "trashy behavior" seems to me a subjective criticism. I don't see anything trashy about what he has done. What was trashy to me was the use of private conversation to slander someone as unfit.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Glenn is junk food in the form of radio. And he has made a hansom living off of his style of propaganda radio.

Yes, he is. And he has. You are correct.

His audience is gullible to his statements. They don't see it as propaganda. They see it as "truth."

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
F Glenn Beck!

He's scum. He's FAKE. He should have been born In Germany in roughly 1908. That would have had him in ideal position to be one of Goebbels top henchmen. That's why he's such a pissy person; everyday he laments being in the wrong timeline.

LOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

. What was trashy to me was the use of private conversation to slander someone as unfit.

What is trashy, is Trump not living up to his contractual business agreements and leaving the people he did business with holding the bag. You ok with that?

www.theatlantic.com...

www.nationalreview.com...

billmoyers.com...

Like I said, no honor, no class and of poor character....

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Who knows? In the end Beck may be proud that he helped the greatest president in history get into office. Time will tell.

Time will tell.

I've been called

Please try not to use my name in vain

That's WillTell

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

No, he's not sincere. He's a shrewd businessman that will say whatever it takes to maintain his businesses. He's the same guy who went from saying he hated the families of 9/11 victims:

to trying to lead a movement to remember 9/11:

when it was convenient to him.
edit on 10-12-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I am fine with that, yes. The Trump Organization is not Donald Trump.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
One of the reasons I said "I don't trust Trump supporters" is because their emotional involvement in the cult like adoration of Donald Trump won't allow them to hold Trump accountable for his actions. If they can excuse his trashy behavior now; why would they change? They even seek to emulate the object of their affection with excuses, finger pointing and straw man obfuscations.

Ridiculous to paint the vast majority of his voters in this manner, who could not vote for HRC because of her profound flaws exhibited during her political life and who reasoned Trump might do better, even if he wasn't a sure choice.

And you talk about finger pointing and straw man excuses?

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

This is a great post!

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

It's interesting because my perception of the left in general and Hillary supporters specifically, is that they've gone off the rails emotionally over Trump winning this election.

As far as excusing his trashy behavior goes, specifically his "grabbing them by the whatever" comment, it's not really a matter of excusing it. At least it wasn't for me or anyone I know who voted for him. I don't like that sort of talk. Period.

But in the decision about whether to vote for him or not, I didn't assign much weight to that comment. In fact, I assigned very little weight at all to "women's issues" as a factor in who I'd vote for. My priorities were the economy, health care and national security. I make no apologies for that.

As far Glenn Beck goes, he didn't cause the divide. He hasn't even appreciably contributed to it. For that to be so, the divide would have to have been manufactured, something I still see people talking about.

But the "divide" isn't manufactured. We're a seriously fractured society, it's not just smoke and mirrors, as some believe. We've become so diverse ideologically that I think its become impossible for any one government to govern us anymore, or at least to do so to the general satisfaction of a sufficient percentage of the population to "make things work".

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join