It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck's Regrets

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Glenn Beck's Regrets: His paranoid style paved the road for Trumpism. Now he fears what’s been unleashed.

Beck is admitting culpability in this stupid mess. He is singing, from the ranks of the talking head conserv-a-choir (TM). Rated 3rd behind Liimbaugh and Hannity (urp..), he is singing loud and clear about how this is so reminiscent of what he did to Obama in 2008.

Among big-time national conservative talk-show hosts, Beck—who is tied with Levin for the third-largest listenership after Limbaugh and Hannity—was a rare exception.

He didn’t just oppose Trump. He compared him to Hitler. He warned that Trump was a possible “extinction-level event” for American democracy and capitalism.

In an attempt to defeat Trump, Beck campaigned during the primaries for Ted Cruz. Then, when Cruz endorsed Trump, Beck apologized for having supported him.

So ---

[Early in his career] Beck remained apolitical. “I didn’t pay attention to anything until September 11, nothing, nothing,” he explained to me after the taping, as we sat in his office. “I couldn’t have told you the Bill of Rights in any great detail.”

He describes 9/11 as “a turning point for me.” He was by then hosting a show in New York, and remembers walking from Ground Zero to his studio and reading on air a 19th-century hymn written by a Mormon pioneer fleeing Missouri on his way to Utah.

Beck says he felt a special calling at that moment. “If you have a position on the gate and you don’t warn the people of what you see,” he remembers thinking, “you’re to blame.”

It goes on to talk about his marriage and conversion to Mormonism, and is a very interesting look into his self-awareness in this presumably "approved" little bio.

It says how he was one of those who trash-talked Obama (as was Trump, of course, with the 'birther' debacle).
He also says he'll take a buttload of the blame for Trump now being in office.

Trump opponents may appreciate Beck’s Hitler analogies now that they’re directed at The Donald.

But Beck and guests on his Fox News show invoked “fascism,” “Nazis,” “Hitler,” “the Holocaust” and “Joseph Goebbels” 487 times.

For good measure, Beck in 2007 said that Hillary Clinton sounds like “the stereotypical bitch.”

Beck says he’s sorry for all that. “I played a role, unfortunately,” he told Megyn Kelly during a 2014 interview on Fox News, “in helping tear the country apart.”

So anyway, now he realizes what he is, and how he contributed to all of this, and says he wants to "help the country heal now."

Is it sincere? Is he the whistle-blowing new talk show king now that Limbaugh is being put out to pasture and out of the way.
This all "smacks of sharp practice" to me.
edit on 12/10/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Maybe Beck overestimates himself, besides the way all political fox programmes use of 'superlatives' comes across more as a barroom rant than sensible sober reporting.
How many use fox anyway, wouldn't you rather watch Foghorn Leghorn?

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

“I didn’t pay attention to anything until September 11, nothing, nothing,” he explained to me after the taping, as we sat in his office. “I couldn’t have told you the Bill of Rights

The man admits he was an ignoramus and yet millions of conservatives listen to everything he says.
What does that tell you about the American right???

And yes, he and everyone else in right wing media is responsible for Trump and the general destruction of America. Most likely there will be a civil war after all the poor rednecks find themselves still poor after Trump enriches his buddies and realize they've been played into giving up their government benefits they've been told are bad but are the only thing keeping them going.

Yeah, thanks a lot Beck and all the other right-wing bastards for ruining America.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Oh, look at this: “The same doomsday sensibility that helps him appreciate the menace posed by Trump led him to massively exaggerate the menace posed by Obama "

I've been saying this for 8 damn years, the right-wing owes me a damn apology.

Massively exaggerating the menace of Obama- the menace that never was. America now is like a paradise compared to what it will be when Trump's robber barons get done remaking it and redistributing all our money to themselves.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Glenn is junk food in the form of radio. And he has made a hansom living off of his style of propaganda radio.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Who knows? In the end Beck may be proud that he helped the greatest president in history get into office. Time will tell.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Glenn will and has said anything to be the smartest man in the room.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

What you just said sounded like a redneck hate rant to me.

See when other people discuss politics they'll bring up points and argue things with evidence.

What rednecks do (right and left can be rednecks) is just call names and say a whole bunch of substanceless garbage.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I have no faith in Beck, Trump or his followers.

Any group that uses cognitive shortcuts to think it's ok to "grab a womans _______" just because he's rich.

This statement alone defines Donald Trump, his presidency, and his personality. There is no way to excuse this BS.
edit on 10-12-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I'm sure if you record any person in power they'll all be caught saying horrendous things.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

What you just said sounded like a redneck hate rant to me

You expect me to be happy that Trump is appointing right-wing extremist business people who will destroy our lives??

By the time they are through dismantling our protections and benefits and let wall street gamble away all of our money, we will have real poverty on a scale not seen in this country since the great depression.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I'm sure if you record any person in power they'll all be caught saying horrendous things.

And I wouldn't trust them either. Your lame excuse exposes your mind set, eh?

See what I mean by cognitive shortcuts? Beck and Trump are masters of the CS's!!

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Is it a crime?

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I find it hard to believe that you have never engaged in locker room talk with you friends?

You can say no all you want but we all know that would be a fat lie.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

You could have started with that instead of hate speech name calling.
edit on 10-12-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

I find it hard to believe that you have never engaged in locker room talk with you friends?

If I said the same things Trump said...I wouldn't be fit to be President either.

There is such a thing as honor and good character. Imo Trump has exhibited neither.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I've never been a Trump supporter. I've worked in a country club bar before, I've heard plenty of high powered men say things in each other's company in a joking manner. Many of them I knew for some time and had families and weren't bad people, they used this thing called freedom of speech and joked from time to time especially with some drinks.

It's not their fault America is so sensitive now. Grow up.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

What about when he went to Louisiana and donated a truck full of supplies while they were in the midst of a flood? He visited the victims of the stabbing terrorist. He calls the families of slain police officers. Holding a private conversation against someone while dismissing the rest is an example of that cognitive shortcut you're speaking about. It's also dishonour and bad character.
edit on 10-12-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

What about when he went to Louisiana and donated a truck full of supplies while they were in the midst of a flood? He visited the victims of the stabbing terrorist. He calls the families of slain police officers. Holding a private conversation against someone while dismissing the rest is an example of that cognitive shortcut you're speaking about. It's also dishonour and bad character.

Those don't count to the left.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I've never been a Trump supporter. I've worked in a country club bar before, I've heard plenty of high powered men say things in each other's company in a joking manner. Many of them I knew for some time and had families and weren't bad people, they used this thing called freedom of speech and joked from time to time especially with some drinks.

It's not their fault America is so sensitive now. Grow up.

Can you imagine the absolute outrage from conservatives, if Obama said he could grab a womans Pu$$y because he is powerful.

Are you telling me that his honor and character wouldn't be called into question? Just locker room talk?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join