It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Source Says Tehran Plans To Fly Plane Into US Nuclear Reactor

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   
"WASHINGTON [MENL] -- Congress has been pressing the U.S. intelligence community to investigate claims by an Iranian defector that Teheran planned to crash an airliner into a nuclear reactor in the United States.

Several members of Congress were said to have been alarmed by the information and one has met with CIA senior officials to press for an investigation. So far, the CIA has refused to question the Iranian defector, a former senior official in the 1970s.

Rep. Curt Weldon, vice chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, has met the unidentified defector several times in Paris over the last 22 months. Weldon said the defector has been accurate in predicting several important developments in the Iranian regime since February 2003. The developments were said to have included those in Iran's nuclear weapons programs and support for Al Qaida."

www.prisonplanet.com...

Prisonplanet is a bit silly, but the original source is usually pretty reliable. Although flying a plane into a nuke plant would do little to harm "most" of the reactors in the US. Russia and Euro designs are much more vulnerable. However, some of the older US designs in the northeast could be a problem.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   
They have planes that can fly that far?
Or it this another example of where the US is susposed to train their pilots, and provide the plane and gas needed to get it to the reactor?

Anyone care to guess just how many foreign nationals are still in the country studying to become doctors, so they can kill us with their medicines?

I'm sorry, but if we had spent $300 billion on protecting our borders and getting the extremists out of our country, I don't think countries like Iran would be able to touch us.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
"WASHINGTON [MENL] -- Congress has been pressing the U.S. intelligence community to investigate claims by an Iranian defector that Teheran planned to crash an airliner into a nuclear reactor in the United States.

hmmm,
why exactly would an iranian "defector" crash into a nuclear reactor?
what kind of paranoia are they feeding you over there?
i dont think an iranian airplane can "infiltrate" u.s. airspace and crash into a nuclear power plant. that is really sounds like a mission impossible to me.

and what GOOD would that action do for iran?
that would only cause the u.s. to retaliate with all means of war.
so why sign your own execution?

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Of course, cynics might look at this piece of completely unverified "intel" as nohing more than an attempt to gain interest in Senator Curt Weldon's soon-to-be published book

I have myself met with a reliable Iranian defector, whom I refer to by the code name "Camel Jockey", who has informed me of an Iranian plan to infiltrate the next Bohemian Grove gathering and lace all the drinks with a powerful laxative. I may include details in a book I am working on.........

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Dunno, sounds like a matter of domestic politics in iran, ie a defector trying to get the US to take action against his enemy. Certainly requires real information before the iranians can even be approached.

I beleive that this planning would itself be an act of war on the part of the iranians.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
why exactly would an iranian "defector" crash into a nuclear reactor?
what kind of paranoia are they feeding you over there?

You need to reread the article...

claims by an Iranian defector that Teheran planned to crash an airliner

Emphasis added.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
I'm sorry, but if we had spent $300 billion on protecting our borders and getting the extremists out of our country, I don't think countries like Iran would be able to touch us.

Nothing will ever prevent people from entering a country legally. A person need not have entered a country illegally to do it harm.
And what do you suggest, expulsion of all muslims in the country?

What evidence suggests that iranian agents have 'infiltrated' US medical schools?

Better to fight a war abroad than close up and terrorize your own citizens with emergency security powers.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
i dont think an iranian airplane can "infiltrate" u.s. airspace and crash into a nuclear power plant.

Right, and saudi dissidents don't have an airforce, but they still managed to attack the WTC and Pentagon.

and what GOOD would that action do for iran?

What good for iran is gained by supplying palestinians with illegal arms shipments? All that is needed to make this actionable on is good evidence that its occuring. I agree tho, it seems extraordinarily implausible.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Several threads on this already, one even by DrHoracid...why start another?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Several threads on this already, one even by DrHoracid...why start another?

Yes, but this is a fresh headline. A sightly different angle. The point is Iran is a threat and always has been since 1979.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The scare and the "be afraid" of the bad people keeps on going, perhaps bush administration has not been good at anything, but the scare tactics it uses to control the American people.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Yes, but this is a fresh headline. A sightly different angle. The point is Iran is a threat and always has been since 1979.

But your still posting the same story that you posted a couple of months ago. I have no problem with it, but it's nice to keep all discussion about something in the same thread, so you don't have to bounce around to follow updates.

Just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
We heard the same type of thing before we went to war with Iraq. Iraqi exiles had stepped forward and blabbered on about how Irq had Nuke's and were close to using them. This is the same thing
Just another excuse for Bush to go invade Iran and start another war to drag our nation and economy down the toilet. Its nice that Bush wants to provide peace for the world, but it sure does suck that he is willing to sacrifice his own country to do it.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by dawnstar

Nothing will ever prevent people from entering a country legally. A person need not have entered a country illegally to do it harm.
And what do you suggest, expulsion of all muslims in the country?

What evidence suggests that iranian agents have 'infiltrated' US medical schools?

Better to fight a war abroad than close up and terrorize your own citizens with emergency security powers.

No, but it might be wise to get rid of any muslims that might be in schools being taught to fly airplanes. And, well, during WW2 we felt the need to round up masses of American Born Japanese Americans. I'm just saying send them home, before they decide it is wise and prudent to do the same now.

But, well, this is what we have.....
About the time that the news that the TSA had blown a half of million dollars or so on a big "Hey we did a great job!!" shindig, well, the schools in this area were going nuts. The TSA had changed the rules for them, to ensure that they weren't training terrorists. The TSA had referred them to a site which would explain more about what was needed to comply. The deadling was days away, but when these schools went to the site they were referred to, it wasn't even close to being finished. Oh, ya, that's a job well done alright!!! I've worked in jobs that had deadline before, and well, I would have been fired if I messed up that badly, not given an extravagant party at the customer's expense!!

"What evidence suggests that iranian agents have 'infiltrated' US medical schools?"

We are being told that Iran is our enemy aren't we? And, that we should attack their country? Well, I don't think we had many german nationals in this country learing how to be doctors, or fly planes, or much else while fighting them. We had German Americans, I know that, I am one, but well, we're americans.
Do we have Iranian Nationals living in the country, being trained? I'm not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if we did. And, well, if not, I bet they were the ones to decided to leave, and our country didn't do much of anything to force them to. Well, alot of the germans didn't really agree with hitler at the time, we still had to treat them as our enemy to protect ourselves. Alot of the Japanese were born in this country, and we felt the need to protect ourselves from them.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I still can't believe how many educated people on this site get sucked in by this BS.

If Iran has been such a threat since 1979, why wait until now?

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clandestine
I still can't believe how many educated people on this site get sucked in by this BS.

If Iran has been such a threat since 1979, why wait until now?

Does the word NUKE mean anything to you? The point here is Iran is and has been a threat. Many on this site"claim" Iran has always been a peace loving Islamic state. BS. They have been the central clearing house for terror since 1979.....................Because if its size to truly take them out we needed a base of operations. Hence Afghan and Iraq. Iran being somewhat intelligent is supporting the terror attacks inside Iraq to stall the US assault. A stall that will gain them Nukes for a "stalemate" move. The Russian are even now building anti-aircraft missile site around Iranian nuke sites.....................

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Does the word NUKE mean anything to you?

Yes. But so do the words ‘propaganda’, ‘oil reserves’ and ‘BS’.

The point here is Iran is and has been a threat. Many on this site"claim" Iran has always been a peace loving Islamic state. BS. They have been the central clearing house for terror since 1979.....................Because if its size to truly take them out we needed a base of operations. Hence Afghan and Iraq. Iran being somewhat intelligent is supporting the terror attacks inside Iraq to stall the US assault. A stall that will gain them Nukes for a "stalemate" move. The Russian are even now building anti-aircraft missile site around Iranian nuke sites.....................

So if you’re saying that Afghanistan and Iraq were only invaded to provide a base from which to invade Iran, you must therefore subscribe to the 911 inside job theory, no?

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

So if you’re saying that Afghanistan and Iraq were only invaded to provide a base from which to invade Iran, you must therefore subscribe to the 911 inside job theory, no?

No, 911 was done by terrorist, but funding and support still leads back to Iran and other "peaceful" islamic countries...........

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

No, 911 was done by terrorist, but funding and support still leads back to Iran and other "peaceful" islamic countries...........

So....now your saying that Iran sponsored 911 so the US could invade Afghanistan and Iraq, to provide them with a base from which they could invade Iran?

Wow, those Iranian rulers are nuts!

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Be afraid...be very, very, afraid....your government is f**king with your head again...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join