It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Santa Pays $46k in Layaways at PA Wal Mart

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
CNN

194 people received an early Christmas present. A call from Wal Mart telling them to pick up their lay away, that it had been fully paid.

When Ryan Kennedy, Walmart store manager in Everett, Pennsylvania, answered a phone call from an anonymous "Santa B" last week, he didn't expect anything out of the ordinary. He especially did not anticipate Santa B offering to pay off the entire cost of his store's layaway items.

Kennedy had heard of a Secret Santa paying off Walmart layaways in the state before. They paid off the layaways at two Harrisonburg stores last year and at a Mechanicsville location in 2014, according to Kennedy, but he didn't expect them to pick a small town like Everett.

Everett, PA has a population if 1700 people.

That is a fantastic and heartwarming story. There may not be an actual Santa, but I have always believed in a spiritual Santa.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Thats corp hq doing it

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: suvorov
Thats corp hq doing it

No, it's not.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

A nice story to read! Thanks for posting it.
This town is about 20 miles from the farm where I grew up.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
See guys, I told you Satan is real.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I think a lot of this type of thing goes on around Christmas. Most are on a smaller scale but it adds up. People are really very generous.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

My wife and I do a secret Santa at the local grocery store every year.

I do enjoy these stories.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Each town mentioned is a hop, skip and jump off the Turnpike along the southern tier of the state. Wonder if it is someone who regularly travels the state using the Turnpike. What a kind gesture. I remember using lay-away every year when my sons were young and still stressing over cobbling together the final payment or two ahead of pick-up.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
If I was giving 46 grand away it would go to a local charity for disabled or homeless people and such like.
I certainly wouldn't be paying off people's bills for consumer items like flat screen TV or whatever.

No, this story doesn't warm my heart at all.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
If I was giving 46 grand away it would go to a local charity for disabled or homeless people and such like.

... because you assume this was the only act of charity performed for the year by the benefactor?

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: EightAhoy

No I'm considering it a waste of 46 grand which could have been spent on more needy or worthwhile causes.

*edit*
Layaway's, first world problems meh
edit on 10.12.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

a reply to: EightAhoy

No I'm considering it a waste of 46 grand which could have been spent on more needy or worthwhile causes.

*edit*
Layaway's, first world problems meh

Or maybe some single working mothers trying to give give their kids a nice Christmas.

The real first world problem is people like you judging the generosity of others.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: suvorov
Thats corp hq doing it

My sentiments exactly. The free press is worth many times the outlay of fifty k. Either that or a guilty oligarch that is giving back one thousandth of one percent of his ill gotten wealth to assuage guilt.

Its shopping season kiddies, if you can't afford it, layaway at walmart. Maybe "Santabucks" will pay it off for you, lol.

What the hell, its christmas...

Shop, spend, consume... (go in debt), yaaay.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Whatever, I think it was a waste when far more needy people could have benefited.
But yeah little Johnny's new X box...you're breaking my heart now.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I certainly wouldn't be paying off people's bills for consumer items like flat screen TV or whatever.

No, this story doesn't warm my heart at all.

"If...."

I'm curious how much time and/or money you donate to anyone, since you are so quick to pass judgement.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Bahaha!
I think this is the first thread we've ever agreed on something!

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Absolutely irrelevant.
I think the 46 grand could have been spent better.
You don't, get over it.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I thought so.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Its a sad day when we no longer can tell the difference between an advertisement and the news.

Kudos to the Madman that made this one up.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

You got some reasoned argument to explain why I shouldn't hold an opinion on the act of blowing 46 grand on consumer goods as opposed to other more needy groups or individuals?
You after an echo chamber or something?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join