It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution Convolution.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
This is for all the flat earthers that believe in evolution.
Answer me this. If such a falsehood was real, why has this 99 Million year old ANT's (found in amber) progeny, not evolved into something greater?

Instead, it has remained the same, unchanged, for 99 Million Years! Or the American alligator. The species, scientists say, is more than 150 million years old!
Evolution schmezalution.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Evolution occurs when environmental influences impact a species.

You either adapt or die.

Perhaps the ant is the pinnacle of evolution.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   

It's very simple. Ants and beetles are some of the most widespread species on earth. There is no reason for some of them to evolve further since they are incredibly successful. Evolving is a result of change being advantageous in the environment they live in.

Alligators, prior to the introduction of invasive species and human interference, were incredibly successful and held the top link in the food web. They ruled their native range. Since human interference is fairly recent and invasive species are a very recent development it's likely that evolution would not be evident for many many years. The American alligator will likely be extinct before that can happen. Aggressive Tegu lizards will likely expand their territory, an invasive species, and eventually eat all the eggs of alligators before they can ever hatch.

Aside from contradicting whatever creation myth you cling to what is the problem with evolution?

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Evolution occurs when environmental influences impact a species.

You either adapt or die.

Perhaps the ant is the pinnacle of evolution.

Ants are found almost world wide. I don't see them building aircraft, working at a bank or flipping burgers.
Evolution...meh.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
The species, scientists say, is more than 150 million years old!
Evolution schmezalution.

Archaea still exist, too. Evolution doesn't require every representative of a genus to advance.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Ants are found almost world wide. I don't see them building aircraft, working at a bank or flipping burgers.

Are they competitive? That's all you need.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Tell that to the shark.

Sometimes nature gets it right sooner rather than later.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I can only attribute the opening post as a profound disinterest in learning about evolution to come up with such an absolute rubbish remark.

Dude. there are still single celled organisms..its not like all things everywhere spontanously evolve into something greater..its not some power up game..different areas house different challenges, things adapt, some dont because they dont need to / die out otherwise, and voila..you got ants, you got cockroaches, you got crabs and etc etc.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

It's very simple. Ants and beetles are some of the most widespread species on earth. There is no reason for some of them to evolve further since they are incredibly successful. Evolving is a result of change being advantageous in the environment they live in.

Alligators, prior to the introduction of invasive species and human interference, were incredibly successful and held the top link in the food web. They ruled their native range. Since human interference is fairly recent and invasive species are a very recent development it's likely that evolution would not be evident for many many years. The American alligator will likely be extinct before that can happen. Aggressive Tegu lizards will likely expand their territory, an invasive species, and eventually eat all the eggs of alligators before they can ever hatch.

Aside from contradicting whatever creation myth you cling to what is the problem with evolution?

Evolution of a species is stunted when they become wide spread? Evolving is a result of change being advantageous in the environment they live in? Oh, OK, like the orangutans. They are not wide spread, and they take advantage of their environment.

The orangutans are from species of the subfamily Ponginae. The Ponginae subfamily split from the main ape line in Africa 16 to 19 million years ago. Modern man has been around about 200,000 years!
Why don’t we see any orangutans piloting aircraft for American Airlines?

edit on V432016Saturdayam31America/ChicagoSat, 10 Dec 2016 01:43:55 -06001 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   

cited as evidence that this thread is going to be utter bollox

if you are going to reply - please post a link to the profile of an ATS member who , both :

i ) accepts the evolutionary model [ biology ]

ii ) denies the oblate spheroid model [ earth science ]

no other replies to this will be accepted

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
I can only attribute the opening post as a profound disinterest in learning about evolution to come up with such an absolute rubbish remark.

Dude. there are still single celled organisms..its not like all things everywhere spontanously evolve into something greater..its not some power up game..different areas house different challenges, things adapt, some dont because they dont need to / die out otherwise, and voila..you got ants, you got cockroaches, you got crabs and etc etc.

Dude, in 1859, the theory of evolution by natural selection, was first formulated in Darwin's book "On the Origin of Species.” He states that the process by which organisms change over time, is a result of changes in heritable physical or behavioral traits. Changes that allow an organism to better adapt to its environment will help it survive and have more offspring.
We know that there have been five mass extinction events. Ordovician, 444 million years ago, 86% of species lost, Devonian, 375 million years ago, 75% of species lost, Permian, 251 million years ago, 96% of species lost, Triassic, 200 million years ago, 80% of species lost, and Cretaceous, 66 million years ago, 76% of all species lost. The ant’s prodigy above, obviously survived. BUT, it didn't evolve.
Now regarding you saying that I have "profound disinterest in learning about evolution," you are correct.
Add to that list:
The Earth being flat.
The Moon is made from cheese.
The Easter bunny.
And, that Neal Armstrong never walked on the Moon.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   

You focused on wide spread instead of successful. Successful is the key. You are being intentionally obtuse. Orangutans were fine until human interference happened in the recent past. Airline pilots have existed for a handful of years. If orangutans were given the chance and not extinct in the next century, over milleniums, they could evolve to pilot aircraft.

You failed to answer my question.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

cited as evidence that this thread is going to be utter bollox

if you are going to reply - please post a link to the profile of an ATS member who , both :

i ) accepts the evolutionary model [ biology ]

ii ) denies the oblate spheroid model [ earth science ]

no other replies to this will be accepted

Well then, let's start with you.
Do you believe the Earth is flat. Do you believe in evolution or the Easter bunny?

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

You focused on wide spread instead of successful. Successful is the key. You are being intentionally obtuse. Orangutans were fine until human interference happened in the recent past. Airline pilots have existed for a handful of years. If orangutans were given the chance and not extinct in the next century, over milleniums, they could evolve to pilot aircraft.

You failed to answer my question.

1. You are wrong. You stated, "wide spread," not me.
2. You have derogated Darwin's theory by stating "successful." Darwin stated,"the process by which organisms change over time, is a result of changes in heritable physical or behavioral traits. Changes that allow an organism to better adapt to its environment will help it survive and have more offspring."
3. "If orangutans were given the chance, and not extinct in the next century, over milleniums(sic), they could evolve to pilot aircraft."

4. Answering your question, please read the end of my paragraph, responding to SaturnFX.
edit on V522016Saturdayam31America/ChicagoSat, 10 Dec 2016 02:52:12 -06001 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Your major confusion is conflating what humans consider to be great with what nature considers to be great. You say flying a plane is great. Nature thinks making offspring is great. Actually I think that's great too.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Evolution is not a prerequisite for survival! But survival is a prerequisite for avoiding extinction. Evolution (tweaked or not) is therefore a random environmental anomaly inspired by the instinct to survive! Human's fail to understand this because they cannot handle complexity very well and avoid such as with this statement I make!
edit on 10-12-2016 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Don't feed the troll folks.

Every few months the OP makes one of these threads. He's not interested in discussion or learning anything.

Save yourselves the trouble, move on.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Are you really piling Evolution believers in with Flat Earth theorists? If so, that's pretty damn ignorant.

There's more proof of evolution than there is of an all powerful creator...

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
These threads are just sad now.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Evolution as we know it..... is wrong........ close maybe..... but wrong just the same. Too many conflicting items tucked away in museum basements to declare theory as fact.

But people will believe what they want to.....just how it goes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join