It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HuffPost editor tweets about destroying Trump ballots/// Gets a Sit Down With The FBI

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Yeah I do. Complete waste of time.

Next election, thousands of Americans should band together and troll the FBI all claiming to destroy ballots. This entire situation is stupid.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

You first.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
For crying out loud, what did he think could happen?

The president has ordered a full investigation into voting irregularities albeit for hacking, and he announces that he created a possible voting irregularity.

It's not rocket science here.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Liberals think everyone agrees with them. Well if they don't agree, then they are racist, homophobic, hate women.........
Also the rules don't apply to them, so they are always surprised when there is trouble over a "joke".

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I am a born and raised Texan but am in New York very, very often...which I love..

But New Yorkers live on an island...metaphorically and literally in the case of manhattanites...

And it is on Manhattan I spend my days in New York...
And they are always shocked with my wife and I...we are like unicorns...
Southern [raised] protestants who are educated to the highest echelons of western society and are highly conservative...

We are kind to everyone...not born of sanctimony but of genuine beneficence...
This always shocks those with whom we interact when/if politics arises in discussions...
They will say things like "you are so nice and have such a love for theatre...how can you be a republican.."
To which we do not reply and change the subject so as not to start a debate...

We will typically see 7 shows in 5 nights on Broadway about every other month...so the crowds with whom we interact are undoubtedly tilted left but they still[IMHO] represent the sensibilities and political tendencies of their city as a whole...

We are treated as an Australopithecus would be by an anthropologist despite our unparalleled interest in broadway and our education credentials...

I take each person as they are and give them the benefit of the doubt but we are rarely afforded the same latitude by the progressive left...

So we tend to avoid politics as we tend to get judged....
Instead we simply field their shots at free medical advice....
Or discuss theatre with which we are obsessed...and it is there we always find common ground..

-Chris

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Seems like the city makes people act, well, mean. Maybe it is the close quarters, or the smell? Your right, they are a different breed.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

It's more than just 'mean'. Ignorant, naïve etc., but definitely a sheeple attitude. That's the problem with mass amounts of people in a small areas. No room for self evolvement and critical free thinking. It's so easy to be lazy and blend in with the crowd, caught up like a rock in an avalanche.

The pendulum is surely swinging to the other side and the left's sobbing and gnashing of teeth is only just beginning.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Christosterone

Seems like the city makes people act, well, mean. Maybe it is the close quarters, or the smell? Your right, they are a different breed.

My husband and I have often thought there is a research paper or study in there.

What is it about living in a large urban center that tends to either make one more liberal/left-leaning or tends to aggregate those who are inclined that way?

Because when you look at the map of the country, it is the large urban areas that are the blue pockets.

Not only why does it happen, but what is the threshold at which a population center tips over into "blueness"?

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Do you smell grant money to do an in-depth study?

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Not enough energy, but I'm sure some enterprising person might be able to couch it correctly.

Call it a voter distribution study seeking to understand the living patterns of voters and you might be able to get quite a bit of money out of the DNC these days if you could make a case that they could take your research and learn how to coax their urban dwelling ballot makers out into the sticks. Call it voter gerrymandering.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
What was funnier? "I destroyed voting ballots" or "Grab em in the pudding"?

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

The left absolutely HATE democracy. They have made that clear. They only like freedom and the democratic process if they win, if not, all bets are off and nothing is off limits.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   
The mere fact that a person thinks it's ok to joke about disenfranchising people is troubling.

America has had its problems over the years, but the idea that an ordinary citizen rather than some shadowy spook type can even think of denying fellow citizens the right to have a say in who governs the country goes against the very ideals that birthed the nation.

I watched a documentary on McCarthy a while ago and frankly, if any one thing were unamerican then this is certainly it.

The guy's lucky not to wake up in Gitmo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join