It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The trauma of Migraine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
One thing i always had a gift to do, was to remember things and it didnt matter if it was useful or not. Elephants has a natural gift of remembering but always along with a feeling, maybe we humans only experience it when we are at trauma or pain, unlocking a key at childbirth to one of natures gifts.

I suffered from migraines, severe ones, often when i was a child, it did cripple me. The pain is hard to explain but research shows a disturbance in the neocortex receding a migraine attack, in the same place where our feelings of love and fear are, it would be self explanatory that fear follows along with intense pain, Dont you think? I just think its allergies, that follows along with our unnatural modern diet.

But during every attack, i saw the images of things ive read or saw repeating petterns repeating itself over and over again, i learned how to remember things in a.. Weird way... Remembering things, patterns, stories and facts, will it do any good? Are they useful? Remembering a screw on a boat, a quote in a text, or a single star on our night sky, will it do any good? By quoting a quote, knowing where a screw goes, or knowing where a single star on the night sky is? I really dont know, its depends on what you do..

Most of us knows great many things, useful or not doesnt really matter its mostly subjective to our self interest. But something i learned along the way was how to take the things i know and put them in a larger context. They werent small pieces of information anymore, the screw was a little tiny part on a boat as big as titanic, the quote became a whole book of a legacy, and the single star was one of trillions.

I cant remember the day i suddenly realized i could put things in a larger context, when the universe became something whole instead of tiny stories to fill in it. I just know that when i look at the world today, there are stories that hasnt been written that needs its starting chapter.

And well the migraines they still happen once or twice per year.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

I hate migraines, they tend to screw my vision up before hand (beginning of attack) and the worst if them give a strange pins and needles like feeling that travels around my body.

I also have pretty accurate memory.

Strangely though I really struggle at visualizing my memories. Or anything for that matter... Except when I have migraines, I always noticed but never actually clicked till I read this thread.

Weird huh?

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Migraines often come with an aura. At one time I was getting them several times a week, they come with auras and numbness. Sometimes worse. I take a benzodiazapine daily to stop them and have an imitrex inhaler, in case the former doesn't work. That only happens once or twice a year now.

I wish I saw anything useful in a migraine aura.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

sorry for asking; studies showed that benzodiazapine was not useful in preventing attacks, it only lowered the anxiety coming with migraine or more likely the PTSD.

I removed diary products, it helped. No saying its a solution, but it helped me. I try to avoid fermented products, i lowered the migraine attacks to once per year..

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
My anger sets them off. In the the steel mill where I work, the jobs can all be very tough and guys get mad. When I get a migraine, it usually lasts 3 days. Some people get a doctors note for Cannabis, because it is legal here. They say it decreases the pain and the duration by alot. Damn Advil doesnt do anything for it. You just want to stay in bed with the shades down
edit on 9-12-2016 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2016 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   

top topics

join