It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypocrite Donald Trump anoints Goldman Sachs President as director of the National Economic Council

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

In order for his tweet about Cruz to be hypocritical he would have had to accept donations from Goldman Sachs. There is nothing ironic about it.
edit on 10-12-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
You guys think Trump would have a problem dropping the hammer on any of his picks if they don't live up to snuff?

Let's wait and see.

Why even pick them in the first place? Seems kinda odd, no one else to pick from? Or does he think he can mold them to his standards?

Think of it as a new band with your fav musicians, might be easier.

Or OJ's Dream Team.

They all have a goal to accomplish as a team and not just paybacks.

Obama was like Van Halen getting rid of Michael Anthony and putting Wolfgang in the band or hillary as SoS.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu
Really ? He has already topped Obama for 8 years , and Trump is not even President yet.
Looks like someone needs some safety pins , play-dough , and crayons

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

He said he is going to bring jobs back and bring money back into the country.

Alot of politicians have said alot of things over the years. Trump is no different.

If you are not a financial mogul, how the hell do you expect Trump to get this done.

I actually agree with you there. The problem is, most members on here were bagging on Obama and Hillary for associating and nominating individuals with ties to such companies as mega financial institutions Goldman Sacs. Heck for many part of the reason to vote Trump was for his supposed independence, can't be bought, won't hire the same people etc. Yet the opposite is happening.

It's hypocritical, and it shows that many of his supporters care little about any real change, or whether Trump will be all that different from Clinton or Obama, or Bush.

I suppose you would choose a community organizer and maybe some Muslim Brotherhood/Sisterhood picks

Yep, we've devolved to sourcing our arguments from the rightwing echochamber.

You get that from Alex Jones? Or maybe FreeRepublic? Hmm.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   

I wonder what excuse he will have when the wall never gets built.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Yeah, because he should appoint people who have no clue what the # they are doing, instead.

Please, don't feed the snowflakes.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Christosterone

Right.

I guess you're totally okay with Trump not draining the swamp like he claimed he would and he's always claimed to be the anti establishment candidate but he's done nothing but bring that establishment into his cabinet!! Why are you okay with this?

Trump and his supporters attacked Clinton, and rightfully so, because she was in bed with Big Banks and Wall Street but all the sudden it's okay now that he's doing it?

Where is the integrity?

Clinton was a politician selling herself and her power to people all over the world.
Since when did appointing someone turn into being like Clinton? I guess he should just appoint nothing but career politicians huh? Oh wait, that would be filling the swamp.

You're grasping at the "big banker!!1!" straw pretty hard.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

If you expect even more than one of them to see anything, you expected too much.

And.......just who is them? People that don't agree with your perception and ideology of how things should be? You really are much more ignorant then I originally thought. You seriously think people here are stupid because they don't buy into the BS nonsense you keep pushing on this forum. You're an embarrassment to yourself.
edit on 10-12-2016 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Trump is surrounding himself with billionaires and lifelong politicians, good job trump, oh and you guys have some awesome excuses already, drain the swamp lol.

So he wont put hillary in jail, but thats ok all of a sudden.

He wont clean up washington, who cares right you guys, the best was the poster who said he already did better than obama lol.

Durp durp.

Is trump going to save you guys from the war on xmas now.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Don't worry somewhere there is a safe place from trumpitis, maybe try California, but when federal funding is cut don't scream "Trump", scream "I'm effing stupid as hell"

There will be tissues on every wall, don't worry

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
If a Donald Trump appointment angers most Democrats, he's on the right track to making America even greater! (Besides.. I love seeing them angry..haha)

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

a reply to: Christosterone

Right.

I guess you're totally okay with Trump not draining the swamp like he claimed he would and he's always claimed to be the anti establishment candidate but he's done nothing but bring that establishment into his cabinet!! Why are you okay with this?

Trump and his supporters attacked Clinton, and rightfully so, because she was in bed with Big Banks and Wall Street but all the sudden it's okay now that he's doing it?

Where is the integrity?

I'm not a progressive so don't live my life based upon platitudes like "drain the swamp" or "hope and change"...

I don't even know what "drain the swamp" means in practical terms so why would I apply its meaning to my judgment on his appointments to presidential cabinet positions???

But again, i'm a conservative so have thoughtful, realistic positions as opposed to the bumper sticker politics of the left...

-Chris

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Coming fast on the heels of the nomination of Steven Mnuchin, a former Goldman partner, as Treasury secretary, it will mean that economic policy under the president-elect, Donald J. Trump, will be shaped chiefly by veterans of the Wall Street firm.

The position that Mr. Cohn is expected to take up is one that has long been identified with Goldman and its influence in the capital.

Trump attacked Cruz because his wife worked for said bank and he also had a loan from said bank.

So much for the man of the people, like I asked before the election, is there anyone here who thinks Trump is an elitist.
So now, I should ask, is there anyone left here who thinks Trump isn't an elitist...and a self serving one at that.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Isn't it amazing a con man is demonstrating how he conned millions and they don't see it.

Its what I call the " Eyes Wide Shut" syndrome

Like 911 when right before our eyes we witness a miracle, three building fall down from fire, something NEVER done before.

Trump is a new EYES WIDE SHUT caper

A clear con man and people are so blind they refuse to see it or even acknowledge it

He lies right before their eyes and ears and they don't hear or see it. They make themselves blind

Deaf, dumb, and blind

Indeed and still defending him. Like a battered wife defending their husband, thinking he cares about her.

Why would they think a billionaire cares one iota about the common man ?

Hook line and sinker

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Isn't it amazing a con man is demonstrating how he conned millions and they don't see it.

Its what I call the " Eyes Wide Shut" syndrome

Like 911 when right before our eyes we witness a miracle, three building fall down from fire, something NEVER done before.

Trump is a new EYES WIDE SHUT caper

A clear con man and people are so blind they refuse to see it or even acknowledge it

He lies right before their eyes and ears and they don't hear or see it. They make themselves blind

Deaf, dumb, and blind

Indeed and still defending him. Like a battered wife defending their husband, thinking he cares about her.

Why would they think a billionaire cares one iota about the common man ?

Hook line and sinker

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Seeing as it was the banks that #ed the economy up in the first place.......

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
If a Donald Trump appointment angers most Democrats, he's on the right track to making America even greater! (Besides.. I love seeing them angry..haha)

Well done, how mature of you.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Brilliant, appoint a bunch of big business people who only care about business and profits and don't give a damn about the lives of the majority of Americans.

Bye bye freedom and happiness. Everyone will now have to work 15 hours a day 6 days a week for 5$ an hour and no retirement or other benefits, if you're lucky enough to have a job that is. If not you'll be left to starve, and all dissent will be outlawed too most likely. Thanks Republicans.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I suppose if he nominated someone with no financial experience you would actually be happy? Wait, you would complain about that as well so basically Trump can't win no matter who he nominates.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

But it was was #stain bankers at places like Goldmansachs that wrecked the economy back in 2007......

I would not put my faith in one of them....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join