It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypocrite Donald Trump anoints Goldman Sachs President as director of the National Economic Council

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: Swills

If you expect even more than one of them to see anything, you expected too much.

The very exact thing can be said of you, in fact you seek out the negative in ANY positive related to Trump.

That is what is defined as a hypocrite.

Good day.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
You guys think Trump would have a problem dropping the hammer on any of his picks if they don't live up to snuff?

Let's wait and see.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
What the heck,another one, really? At this point he is being no better than Hillary with who he is picking here as she'd pick the same establishment(different sided names of the same coin) types. Supporters really need to address trump unless they don't see it as an issue.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Very true, good point.

link   

" The longtime second-in-command at Goldman Sachs, Gary D. Cohn, is expected to be named director of the National Economic Council, which oversees economic policy in the White House. "

Great News ! Make America RICH Again Gary !

link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
You guys think Trump would have a problem dropping the hammer on any of his picks if they don't live up to snuff?

Let's wait and see.

Why even pick them in the first place? Seems kinda odd, no one else to pick from? Or does he think he can mold them to his standards?

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I think they've forgotten that politicians simply follow the orders of donors, powerbrokers, and their powerful organizations (like corporations, which are simply vehicles for wealth creation). So it seems like Trump is cutting out the middlemen and simply putting the powerbrokers in official positions.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
www.nytimes.com...

Goldman Sachs’s outsize influence in Washington is about to get larger.

The longtime second-in-command at Goldman Sachs, Gary D. Cohn, is expected to be named director of the National Economic Council, which oversees economic policy in the White House.

Coming fast on the heels of the nomination of Steven Mnuchin, a former Goldman partner, as Treasury secretary, it will mean that economic policy under the president-elect, Donald J. Trump, will be shaped chiefly by veterans of the Wall Street firm.

I don't care if the Goldman-Sachs boys have a seat at the table in the beginning because they control the narrative. I count on Trump to use them to understand the narrative and use them as an agent of change. It's ok to be ass-chapped about Trump being President-elect but you need to give him a chance. Remember that you gave Barry Obama a free ride without any critical investigation and look what happened....we were almost a second class country apologizing for being Americans.

The position that Mr. Cohn is expected to take up is one that has long been identified with Goldman and its influence in the capital.

Trump attacked Cruz because his wife worked for said bank and he also had a loan from said bank.

twitter.com...

Wow! Ted Cruz received $487K in campaign contributions, $11M from a NY hedge fund mogul, & $1M low int. loan from Goldman Sachs. Hypocrite

Meanwhile, Trump keeps filling his cabinet with the same bankers. He is also funded by Wall Street hedge fund moguls like Robert Mercer, the very same mogul he attacked in that tweet. Robert Mercer was Cruz's biggest donor and jumped ship when Trump won the nomination. Oh the irony of all of this!

Hey Trump supporters, care to defend this or will you actually criticize Trump for clearly filling the swamp?

edit on 9-12-2016 by WilliamtheResolute because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
A lot of members here speak about the Federal Reserve as a bad thing and want to see it abolished
Everyone did know that Cohn is onboard with that thought , yes ? As well as Steven Mnuchin , Treasury Secretary
Plus , Cohn is a registered Democrat . AS most of GS's execs are . Get the picture ?
I hope ignorance is not running rampant here

edit on 12/9/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
A lot of members here speak about the Federal Reserve as a bad thing and want to see it abolished
Everyone did know that Cohn is onboard with that thought , yes ? As well as Steven Mnuchin , Treasury Secretary
I hope ignorance is not running rampant here

Some folks can see through the smokescreen as to what is happening here

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn
Not only that - Just found out that Cohn was a registered Democrat. AS most of GS's execs are

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Amazing isn't it? I always saw Trump as a centrist.. too many on both sides of the aisle JUMPED on his case....

It's beautiful to see this transformation take place...

I may not get all I want, but I shouldn't expect that... a 180 turn towards America would be nice...

We have enough across the globe beating us down, we don't need a FED GOV"T piling on....

Only thing I am worried about right now, is that lurking market bubble...

THe fake news BS is MSM death throes... how they can't figure that out is beyond me... REPORT THE TRUTH...

IT may be boring, but it is what the folks want!

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Honestly surprised there's not some defense of trump with a hundred stars yet...

This is truly something I don't like about the guy.

Goldman Sachs employees and ex employees should not be allowed near any position of power. I know it sounds like a dictator move, but honestly... Does even the dumbest Republican think gs is full of well intentioned people?

link   
He's not just filling the swamp, he's expanding it into a damn bayou.

Thanks trump!

He better used to it, a lot of what's about to go down in this country is because of his weak decision making skills!

link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Smart and astute assessment.

I would like to see sort of a fantasy cabinet league to compare with. That would be neat. Especially the dynamic between R/D/I

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
Honestly surprised there's not some defense of trump with a hundred stars yet...

This is truly something I don't like about the guy.

Goldman Sachs employees and ex employees should not be allowed near any position of power. I know it sounds like a dictator move, but honestly... Does even the dumbest Republican think gs is full of well intentioned people?

It is a dictator move. Watch for Trump to be ruthless against any opposition (well, he already has w/that union leader). Authoritarians cannot stand anyone or anything getting in their way. They'll explode and over react when they sense the slightest bit of friction or push back.

This is why the media is being attacked. This is why the union boss is being attacked. This is why dissenting opinions are attacked.

This is why Trump accuses everyone of doing what he does. This is why his followers accuse others of what they've done, would do, are doing, or will do.

They've hilariously used that old Allinsky crap as ammo against Democrats for ages, unaware that they themselves are the biggest customers and users of it!

Trump doesn't have real strength, he has TV strength. He doesn't act like a real billionaire, he acts like a TV billionaire. He's all smoke and mirrors and he knows it, which is why he projects such a "tough guy" attitude. Look at his body language when sitting with Obama at the White House, the man looked like a wet kitten.

If people thought Obama was weak, we just downgraded to milk toast.
edit on 9-12-2016 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Heads are going to explode when trump picks the new white house chef i guess...
I care more about the actual performance of an appointed official rather what the Internet thinks the performance will be like.
Case in point bush and obama. We just dont know how they'll perform come Jan 21st.
edit on 9-12-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
So far Trump has acted exactly like a Clinton.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I don't know why it didn't occur to me earlier.

First it was #BuildTheWall, then it was #DrainTheSwamp and now it's #BuildTheSwamp.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Most of you don't see the motivation through your hate. He said he is going to bring jobs back and bring money back into the country. I suppose you would be happy with a moron coming to do it. If you are not a financial mogul, how the hell do you expect Trump to get this done. We need people from the top i.e. some of the biggest players in their own fields that know how everything is run from the inside. That is who Trump is surrounding himself with.

But I digress. I suppose you would choose a community organizer and maybe some Muslim Brotherhood/Sisterhood picks like Valerie Jarret and Huma Abedin for SS and CoS.

Wouldn't surprise me from a bunch of keyboard global politicians and industrialists.

ButtHurt much?
edit on 10/12/16 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join