It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to Keep Deal with ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ in What Many Are Calling a Conflict of Interest

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

Im sure it will consume a significantly less amount of time than Obamas holidays and golfing.

Said Kellyanne Conway and millions of other Trump apologists.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: Voiceofthemajority

Exactly.

You won't see him on the show at all apart from maybe a cameo, but probably not even that.

When was the last time in history a sitting US president had his name on a currently running TV show?

Trump has ONE job, to be POTUS, not to be an entertainer. I know many of his followers seem to enjoy the entertainment factor of the man, but the job of POTUS isn't a gameshow or a reality TV show.

This is why the country is in the shape its in...we don't want competent leaders, we want to be entertained (apparently)...oh and to eat borscht. I better start growing beets.

So a president's passed time can't be different from another president? What if Trump hates Golf but likes executive producing?

Maybe I think -- you don't know what an executive producer does? An executive producer, isn't like a higher level of being a producer -- the producer does the work and creates the show/series/film, the executive producer just manages the funding. In other words, before a scene is shot, he budgets the season. It's all frontloaded work and is one of the fastest jobs in production, usually totaling a few days to a weeks worth of work.

An EP generally contributes to the productions budget and may or may not work on set.

In Trumps case, we know he won't be working on set, so basically -- he's doing the accounting to budget the celebrity apprentice. Donald enjoys playing with numbers, that's what he does.

It IS his show, he did create it, and as such -- I see no reason for him to stop budgeting it because he's president..... Like, really, the two things have absolutely nothing to do with each other, and being an executive producer has a very low time requirement. In order for it to be a conflict of interest, it by definition has to have direct relation two the other responsibility.

There is no conflict of interest here -- and it's not like being an EP is a time consuming job, you basically go over the budget and then get a credit on the screen and you're done for a year.

You might be able to say it was a conflict of interest if he had creative control over the show, because then -- you know... he could use it as a propaganda arm, but he doesn't.

You can't say "Because no president has done this before" he can't. You have to explain in plain English and real people terms WHY it shouldn't be allowed. I know you can't, because I know you don't even know what an EP is, so how could you articulate why he shouldn't be able to be an EP at the same time.

You can be an EP and do it as a hobby. You can also get paid to do what ever your hobby is, that doesn't make it a full time profession.
edit on 10-12-2016 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

Got a source for how much golf he played?

And if Obama farted, some here would claim it caused colony collapse of the bees. Tit for tat.

That was gold thank you!

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Oh I doubt it. So far Trump only receives one Intel briefing a week while Pence receives 6. Looks like Pence will be running the show while Trump runs his show and other businesses in between his vacations.

You can send the VP elect. Obama didnt go , and didnt send anyone. Got his briefing on the golf course via phone. Hmm wonder if it was secure ?

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   
On topic, it's the same thing as writing or creating a book and collecting royalties. How long ago did he co create it?

And how on earth is a TV show a conflict of interest and the Clinton Foundation not?

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   
He should hire all his cabinet positions by having them compete on the show. Instead of selling jewelry in Times Square, they should be out rebuilding Haiti, Libya, Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan. Best reconstruction efforts gets the State job.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
If trump spends less than 180 days per term on his show plus vacation/leisure he is no different than any other president.
(6 weeks vacation per year)

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Make America EVEN GREATER, and you can do whatever you want to do, and personally benefit however you want to benefit, Mr. Trump. You will have deserved it!

BTW..didn't I see another thread from someone whining over Trump not giving up his Apprentice position?

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Of course it's a conflict of Interest. I find it absolutely insane. I am not surprised to see comments here trivializing it or calling you 'but hurt' for pointing out the obvious.

It seems that the stranger things Trump does, the more his fans double down to say it is completely normal.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I can't find anything about this to be rattled about. As far as I can see, Swartzenneger has already filmed the season and it's ready to roll. Trump's name will be in the credit's for Producer, or Creator, or something, and he'll be mailed a check that will be chump change to him.

I don't think we should expect him to erase his entire history, and this doesn't bother me.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

SO do you have an actual argument, or are you just about making totally baseless pure opinion comments and run off?

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

LOL.not sure if you realize but trump OWNS golf courses. my guess, he'll play as president as well. will you get your panties in a wad then? doubtful.

wouldn't surprise me one bit if trump tries to turn his presidency into a reality tv show. film him during the day, going to meetings and what not.... ugh, wouldn't surprise me one bit.

edit on 10-12-2016 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Well you should at least like the fact that Trump gave an immigrant, Arnold, a job. Making America Great right?

If he can spare the time then why not? I mean if he can do it. Right?

His work ethic is beyond approach. 3, 4 rallies some days. Constantly winning.

He said he would be President. Nobody believed him. He became President. Well at least we know that he will try his best at whatever he wants to do.

Lets give him a chance. He is not even President yet. Obama had 2 chances. The other half of the country at least deserves that.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join