It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret CIA assessment says Russia was trying to help Trump win White House

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: JinMI

It's evidence really hasn't been scarce in my opinion. There was a decent amount of evidence put forth that the Russians had hacked the DNC emails before the "Guccifer 2.0" wordpress site was created. Thread I authored about it Oct 1.

Per the thread I authored, www.abovetopsecret.com... , Assange says the sources are not from Russia.

Now your argument was that his statement was invalid because he was a former RT employee but my counter argument is that he now has his own operation that requires a max level of integrity.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

And you've concluded the following from that:

1. That the phone wasn't recovered by Podesta.
2. That the phone was recovered by somebody else.
3. That the person who recovered the phone was capable of breaking its security or passed it on to somebody else who broke its security.
4. That who ever ended up with the phone, with broken security, hacked Podesta's email from there and gave the emails to WL.
5. That it wasn't Russia.

You can't prove any of those things. What was it you said earlier?

"This is pure allegation."

You're positive that the Russians weren't involved and you're positive that this email proves that somebody else hacked Podesta's email. It seems that you're intent on believing what you want and you utterly closed off to any other possibility.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Hillary's antipathy to Russia has nearly gotten us into it. Trump can look at Putin mano-a-mano and say "Look, let's chill and work this out. ISIS is our mutual enemy." Putin and Russia can work with Trump.

Hillary has a long history with Putin. Maybe she actually knows something.

Trump doesn't know anything when it comes to Putin.

Putin is no dummy. He'll eat Trump for lunch, then spit him out.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The "Russian" angle is a deflection from the real "leaks".

The U.S. Government exposed more about Hillary Clinton than any of the other peoples' emails.

State Department publishing all the Hillary emails by court order.

The FBI telling all, and then "re-opening" the investigation a week before the election, etc. etc.

All the government reports and releases proved Clinton was a total liar all the way through.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

She does, actually she took money from Russia that benefited her foundation along with the speeches that Billy did for them.

I see Hillary cozy in bed with Russia and not the other way around.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Actually my argument would be that Assange could be telling the truth as far as he knows it to be. I'm not saying that I believe that Jullian Assange wouldn't lie but it's possible that he didn't. After mulling over a number of scenarios, I actually believe that it would make the most sense for the Russian government to shield itself by using one or more intermediaries as a buffer.

That would be true for any state actor or intelligence agency.
edit on 2016-12-9 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Stopped reading at

citing "officials briefed on the matter"

In other words, we made this up.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Later that afternoon, Sepp wrote Podesta back indicating that the cab company located his phone. She asked Podesta what he wanted her to do. She said that the cab driver was bringing it back to Diamond’s office in Northeast. Sepp offered to pick up the phone from the cab company’s office the next day, charge it, and drop it off at Podesta’s house. She also offered to check his voicemails regularly to make sure he didn’t fall behind.

None of the emails seemed to indicate that Podesta or Sepp had concerns over privacy or feared a security breach for the campaign, given that nothing was mentioned about hurriedly changing passwords and the only apparent exasperation was going a day without a phone. The leaked emails themselves don’t prove that Podesta himself leaked his own emails, as many WikiLeaks subscribers are implying. The emails between Podesta, Sepp, and Fisher did indicate that Podesta might have allowed his aides to know his passwords, though, as they discussed adding Podesta’s landline to their contacts until his cellphone was back.

It may not be a smoking gun, but it proves that Podesta and his aides had a blatant disregard for standard security protocol.

It's a hell of a lot more evidence than provided in your OP.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Voiceofthemajority

Nobody has denied it happened yet. The statements from Nune and even the Trump team seem to corroborate. There are three journalists putting their names to it.

If it didn't happen at all, wouldn't you expect McConnell to blow it out of the water?

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Like Soros and Hillary?

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
My thoughts and they are merely conjecture:

This is either fake news from the Post, or more likely, theyve been mislead by their intelligence sources that back the Clinton-CIA faction. Obama works for the Clinton-CIA faction, but is not always fully cooperative with the Clintons themselves.

And this goes along very nicely with my conclusions ive posted in other threads over the last month. There continues to be a behind the scenes "war" between the CIA-Bush-Clinton group and a group backed by the FBI and Military Intelligence.

Not that I have actual knowledge of this, it just seems to fit from all that ive read over the years. I think the FBI leaked the Podesta emails. They are using Trump as their puppet. They pointed the finger at the CIA for the leak. Now the CIA is pointing the finger at the Russians, as they did many times during the election through Clinton.

The Russians did prefer Trump, as the faction behind him are not adversarial with Russia, as the CIA faction is. But, I think their role was limited to a small bit of propaganda. Then again, its not impossible to think that they have had a closer alliance with our military intelligence. There are many aspects to this, news and events, many discussed here that would make one consider this.

Whatever is going on, its unlikely to be what is reported of the matter. This is not yet over.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

So the phone was recovered immediately and from the cab company? Didn't you just say quite matter of factly:

"John Podesta's email was hacked because he lost his iPhone in DC."

There's no doubt. There's no question. There's no room for argument in your statement. Now you post evidence that the phone was quickly recovered. While it further evidences Podesta's careless disregard for security, it certainly isn't anywhere near evidence — even remotely convincing circumstantial evidence — in support of the statement you made. Do you disagree?

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

You should never believe what the Agency has to say. Snakes, all of them.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

That's an interesting hypothesis and it can't be disproven with what we know. I agree that whatever is happening isn't necessarily over yet.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
we need top secret documents to figure that out? lol

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
It was pretty obvious what was going on. Wikileaks picks on NATO, etc.

The election scales were tipped by:

1. Russia
2. Comey
3. Fake news

You guys need to snap out of your denial.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

And President Trump will believe that he, Trump, will have been the guest of honor at the lunch and not the main course.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

She does, actually she took money from Russia that benefited her foundation along with the speeches that Billy did for them.

Do we have a factual reliable source on that?

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert

And President Trump will believe that he, Trump, will have been the guest of honor at the lunch and not the main course.

For sure!

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule
It was pretty obvious what was going on. Wikileaks picks on NATO, etc.

The election scales were tipped by:

1. Russia
2. Comey
3. Fake news

You guys need to snap out of your denial.

If Wikileaks says it - - it has to be true.

Didn't ya know that?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join