It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret CIA assessment says Russia was trying to help Trump win White House

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: FedericoNicola
FBI disputes CIA's "Fuzzy And Ambiguous" Claims That Russia Sought To Influence Presidential Election. www.zerohedge.com...

FBI Now Backs CIA Assessment That Russia Deliberately Tipped The Election In Favor Of Trump
Next?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Here is Ben Swann's Reality Check: 5 Problems with CIA Claim That Russia Hacked DNC/Podesta emails, 4:43(mins:sec)

I don't think he's a russian operative (but how would I know), and has appeared to be fairly balanced in his past reality checks.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Obama also said in todays speach that its all about the DNC, NOT the election vote.

This seems to be glazed over and need to be put in context.

I know the left puts out nuggets of half truth in hopes of swaying the informationally challenged, and I see thats what is happening now.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
So, ANONYMOUS threatened to do this very thing, release all this dirty stuff on HRC and the DNC.

There is the smoking gun....

....is ANONYMOUS really just Russia?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Ah, yes, the NYPD. Well, we would know more by seeing the second search warrant. Yes, could be completely coincidental.... or.....

Schoenberg suggests it is possible the FBI “never even thought much about the probable cause requirement, and perhaps the judge signed the search warrant, mindful of the intense public attention to the issue, without really considering the legal standard of whether the suspicions raised were reasonable.”
It deserves to be investigated fully and openly, and quickly, because if a crime was committed in the course of the FBI investigation, it is the crime of the century.”

He is now hopeful that the FOIA lawsuit will provide him with definitive answers to these issues.

What Comey did in October was irregular, could be case of principle trumping wisdom. It would be interesting at some future time to see if Schoenberg gets his definitive answer.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

Actually the legal term would be "acting in good faith" and if you want t go farther one could argue "inevitable discovery". When the NYPD searched the laptop they could legally search anywhere images could be saved, including in emails. When the NYPD saw the emails and realized what they were they contacted the FBI. The emails were from the people involved in the FBI investigation which is why the NYPD contacted the FBI.

The FBI can obtain a lawful search warrant based on what the NYPD discovered in the course of their investigation. Because the emails came from .gov accounts as well its technically government property. The FBI investigation dealt with classified information being stored on unsecured systems while also being sent to people who dont have the proper security clearance to view the contents.

The search was an extension of the original investigation.

totality of circumstances.
edit on 16-12-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
OK, so here's what I don't get. Whether or not it helped to achieve your electoral wishes, how come it's not being considered outrageous that a foreign power apparently interfered with the process for its own gains? I can't help but contrast that mindset with the one that says "I may disagree with what you are saying, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it".
You know? That it is the principal that trumps (sorry) all else?
What say you?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

What still bothers me, though, is when did the NYPD get the laptop and when did the FBI get the laptop in their possession?

This could all very well be nothing to do with Russia, just plain American politics. October surprises have a way of getting into the middle of November elections.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CatandtheHatchet
Here is Ben Swann's Reality Check: 5 Problems with CIA Claim That Russia Hacked DNC/Podesta emails, 4:43(mins:sec)

I don't think he's a russian operative (but how would I know), and has appeared to be fairly balanced in his past reality checks.

I think the best part of the segment is that people are still focusing on the wrong thing. The content of the email is real and is damaging regardless of who had a hand in leaking it.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: desert

What still bothers me, though, is when did the NYPD get the laptop and when did the FBI get the laptop in their possession?

This could all very well be nothing to do with Russia, just plain American politics. October surprises have a way of getting into the middle of November elections.

All good questions that only the NYPD or FBI can answer.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
So, ANONYMOUS threatened to do this very thing, release all this dirty stuff on HRC and the DNC.

There is the smoking gun....

....is ANONYMOUS really just Russia?

ANONYMOUS is not a single entity.
Since 'Occupy'...a large portion of Anon...is CIA and FBI.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Here's the bottom line, (at least from my perspective anyway)...

I don't really give a flying F# WHO hacked the DNC emails! I don't care one iota whether it was the Russians, the CIA, Anonymous or Gomer Pyle. That is all COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT! Whoever it was who hacked the emails DID NOT hack the "elections", CONTRARY to what the democrats would love to have everyone believe.

What REALLY matters is the emails exist in the first place, that they exist at all! THAT is what matters!

That the emails were hacked and came out prior to the elections is a GOOD thing, no matter how you slice it. Unless it pertains to national security then virtually every single word publically elected officials AND their staff type, say or imply should be a matter of public record. That these emails weren't a matter of public record, but rather were kept secret and had to be hacked by "somebody" should tell everyone something about the character of the people writing those emails. Who hacked them is IRRELEVANT!

And you can bet your sweet backside, if there was any DIRT to be had on the republicans "somebody" would have hacked that too...AS THEY SHOULD HAVE!

This secret "establishment" crap has got to STOP!

If the Russians truly did do it then I applaud them! Whoever did it...I applaud them! They NEEDED to be exposed, and if it truly did affect the elections, then guess what? GOOD!! IT SHOULD HAVE!

Keep secrets, tell lies, be corrupt, lie, cheat and steal, but when you get caught...you should EXPECT to be shamed, you should EXPECT to lose, you should EXPECT to be embarrassed...and frankly, you should EXPECT to be tried in a court of law, convicted and sentenced to prison for any crimes committed! Period.

Anyone who believes publically elected officials, their staff, or anyone running for office should be allowed to keep secrets (other than national security) from the very public who elects them needs to have their head examined!

edit on 12/17/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I agree it's a good thing the emails came out DURING the election.
To me...it makes sense that if Russia had a hand in this...they would've put anything and everything they had collected into a Kremlin vault as future blackmail/leverage material for a possible post election Clinton POTUS.

The fact that it all came out DURING the election...and AFTER it became clear HILLARY and her DNC were aligned against Bernie...makes it all the more likely that the DNC emails were LEAKED from INSIDE by a pissed-off Bernie supporter...probably in IT...and probably Seth Rich and one other.

Podesta appears to have been HACKED by a standard, commonplace, phishing scam.
Although, I have some serious suspicion that the DNC IT people whom told Podesta it was okay to click it and submit a new password...might have also been connected to the same pissed-off DNC insiders that LEAKED the DNC 'Hillary & Wasserman-Shultz Screwed Bernie' material.
edit on 17-12-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
And furthermore...

Anyone who believes the RNC had similar emails, which were conveniently overlooked, probably needs to go thoroughly rethink that argument.

Trump not only didn't keep secrets, he freaking TWEETED every single thing on his mind (or even imaginable) for the entire WORLD to see...regardless of how crazy or cringe worthy it was!

People need to WAKE UP and correct their posture to undo their cranial-rectal inversion!!

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
DP

edit on 12/17/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Pot Meet Kettle

CIA meddled in ‘hundreds’ of elections: Ron Paul talks Russia-blaming, fake news and more on RT

Watch video if RT is on your fake news list.

It is a very good interview. How often do you hear a politician talk about shadow governments?

His FB thoughts are worth hearing, too.

edit on 12/17/2016 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Why would CIA give cover to Hillary with the Russian narrative?

They are in tight with Soros, Clinton(s) and Podesta...and (allegedly) might very well have been involved in a little 45 caliber payback to the Bernie supporter INSIDE the DNC actually responsible for LEAKING the DNC material.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Sure Russia wanted Trump in there, he's good for business with Russia.

What's the problem?

How many puppet dictators has the USA installed in other countries? I can start listing them...IRAQ, IRAN, AFGHANISTAN, PANAMA, GRENADA etc, etc etc. Then there are all the foreign elections we've influenced on top of that.

It's a little hypocritical to have a problem with another country doing it to us. LOL

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

and even more hypocritical to ignore Russia's history of replacing governments with people who answer to Moscow.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: amazing

and even more hypocritical to ignore Russia's history of replacing governments with people who answer to Moscow.

But still no less hypocritical to ignore America's history of replacing governments with people who answer to Washington DC.

We do it more and better than anyone.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join