It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret CIA assessment says Russia was trying to help Trump win White House

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

originally posted by: RickinVa
Got anything more current than October?

Well there's the CIA (you know the topic of the thread), but we already know you think your own coworkers apparently don't know what they're doing.

There's also the Senate Armed Services committee as chaired by McCain (R-AZ), Graham (R-SC), Schumer (D-NY), and Reed (D-RI) joint statement issued on December 11th 2016 (one day ago) stating "Russia Interfered with the 2016 Election"

www.armed-services.senate.gov...

How about you, what's your most current intel?

Are you saying that the FBI, NSA and the others all are in agreement with that assessment? That clearly is not the case.

I've shared my sources, why don't you share yours?

I'd like to see something directly from FBI.gov and NSA.gov as an official statement contradicting ODNI.

www.dni.gov...

edit on 12-12-2016 by ThingsThatDontMakeSense because: extra source

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SgtEsquire

The whole point of the EC is for them to vote how they want.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
17 agencies agreed.

One of those 17 is the FBI...

From CNN:

www.cnn.com...

The disagreement between some Republicans and Democrats on Russia's intentions in hacking the election rests partially on the lack of agreement between intelligence agencies and the FBI about the conclusiveness of the evidence, officials explained this weekend.

That was just updated...

How are you guys still on the 17 heads agreed when clearly they do not agree?
edit on R002016-12-12T13:00:03-06:00k0012Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: superbanjo

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: superbanjo

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: jrod
I think that Russia is well aware of Trump's weaknesses and is ready to exploit him and the US.

Ya Think?

Clinton and the people surrounding her along with their hacked emails would make her more easily controllable than Trump.

That may sound fun, but Trump is on record as having a dialog with Russian officials during the election. I think
he is trying to engineer some sort of good will with Putin and I think Putin will take and take. He we try to regain influence and possibly territory once any opposition is out of the way, AKA Trump being installed

and Hillary Clinton is on record as signing off on a 20% stake on US Uranium to the Russians. We can look at the number of countries who no longer donate to the Clinton Foundation now that she lost. If the Foundation was only humanitarian based then why stop donating when Hillary wont be President?

You are obfuscating the entire thread. You keep bringing up Hillary, but the evidence the CIA brought to Congress indicates it was for Trump. Why are you trying to filp this around?

What evidence is that?

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

a reply to: superbanjo

Because as I pointed out the intelligence community under the president has been caught manipulating intelligence / flat out lying about it in order to give Obama talking points he needs to distort reality in his favor.

I dont trust the intelligence being put out blaming the Russians. I think Democrats are trying to manufacture a false reason as to why they lost. Doing it this way also creates a false illusion of Trumps presidency being illegitimate, which also serves democratic propaganda talking points.

I'm seeing he same exact thing. Plus just a week ago Obama came out and claimed there was no evidence whatsoever that Russia, or any foreign government penetrated our election system, and now it seems the narrative has changed. This has been pretty common with him for the last 8 years to flip and waffle, much like the Clinton's do.

Exactly.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Good, the beast didn't win, don't care why or how. If Russia had a hand in it somebody buy Putin a beer!
edit on 12-12-2016 by sycomix because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
CIA is the greatest of swamps, Trump is the 500hp water pump. The coming civil war in Washington will be epic and historical. We are living in historic times. He must survive till Jan 20th otherwise it's JFK 2.0.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Just to clarify as some are trying to dishonestly claim that the FBI disagrees about the Russian hack..They don't.

They FBI also concluded it was the Russians who hacked the DNC..

But by the court standards they employ, they aren't ready to say the intent was directly aimed at getting Trump elected.

The FBI is not sold on the idea that Russia had a particular aim in its meddling. “There’s no question that [the Russians’] efforts went one way, but it’s not clear that they have a specific goal or mix of related goals,” said one U.S. official.

LINK

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

a reply to: superbanjo

Because as I pointed out the intelligence community under the president has been caught manipulating intelligence / flat out lying about it in order to give Obama talking points he needs to distort reality in his favor.

I dont trust the intelligence being put out blaming the Russians. I think Democrats are trying to manufacture a false reason as to why they lost. Doing it this way also creates a false illusion of Trumps presidency being illegitimate, which also serves democratic propaganda talking points.

I'm seeing he same exact thing. Plus just a week ago Obama came out and claimed there was no evidence whatsoever that Russia, or any foreign government penetrated our election system, and now it seems the narrative has changed.

You are aware Pres. Obama made that statement in regards to the attempted hacks of the Voter Rolls in several states?
He said there was no evidence Russia had penetrated our "election systems"...As in voting devices and tabulations.
That is a completely separate issue from the DNC hacks..

I typically regard you as reasonably intelligent..did you miss that distinction?

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Right.

The CIA claims it was state sponsored hacking from the Russian government.

FBI says hacking attempts came from Russia.

Big damn difference.

FBI sees no evidence of state sponsored hacking that I am aware of.

Could very well be Mossad operating out of Russia.. could be the chinese operating out of Russia.

Could be lot of operatives.
edit on R392016-12-12T19:39:12-06:00k3912Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
FBI sees no evidence of state sponsored hacking that I am aware of.

Could very well be Mossad operating out of Russia.. could be the chinese operating out of Russia.

Could be lot of operatives.

Sure, could be anything when you are speculating with no sources.

Please give me some .gov or .mil links with actual bureau statements.

Otherwise your repeated assertions that the FBI is at odds with DHS/ODNI/CIA is really just hearsay nonsense.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ThingsThatDontMakeSense

Interesting in that Crowdstrike is explaining they actually did watch Fancy Bear (GRU) in the act for days and weeks before kicking them out...

www.cnn.com...

* and for those eager to discount Crowdstrike's credibility...they owned the Trump Campaigns security as wella s investigated the Russian hack of the DNC.

edit on 12-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ThingsThatDontMakeSense

FBI, CIA Can't Get Their Stories Straight About Russian Hacking

Click link for entire article.

The FBI wants exact proof. The CIA doesnt mind guessing.

“The FBI briefers think in terms of criminal standards — can we prove this in court,” one of the officials said. “The CIA briefers weigh the preponderance of intelligence and then make judgment calls to help policymakers make informed decisions. High confidence for them means ‘we’re pretty damn sure.’ It doesn’t mean they can prove it in court.”

If you are going to claim another country interfered in our election then you damn well better have evidence and not guesses.
edit on 12-12-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Ah yes pjmedia.com, how could I have ever confused that with fbi.gov?

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThingsThatDontMakeSense

The content reported is the focus and not the messenger. The CIA is guessing, the FBI is not. What part is confusing you?

Clinton lost the election and democrats attempting an 11th hour coup d'état is not going to work.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

The content reported is the focus and not the messenger. The CIA is guessing the FBI is not. What part is confusing you?

I trust actual .gov and .mil sources, not random internet sites paraphrasing and selectively using quotes.

I'd like to see something directly from FBI.gov and NSA.gov as an official statement contradicting ODNI.

Until that happens, you are just believing whatever BS happens to suit your particular political persuasion.

edit on 12-12-2016 by ThingsThatDontMakeSense because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

The content reported is the focus and not the messenger. The CIA is guessing the FBI is not. What part is confusing you?

I trust actual .gov and .mil sources, not random internet sites paraphrasing and selectively using quotes.

and yet the CIA nor other intelligence agencies can say, with supporting evidence, it was Russia. Trying to parse a source simply because people dont like the winner of an election is bush league. Clnton lost - plain and simple. You have states saying their systems werent hacked, with the exception of Georgia who found they were hacked by Homeland security. The FBI is saying it was not the russian government.

You have intelligence agencies who have been caught lying in order to give Obama the talking points he wants.

ok. I am going to guess you voted for Clinton, or someone other than trump.

ETA -

www.reuters.com...

The overseers of the U.S. intelligence community have not embraced a CIA assessment that Russian cyber attacks were aimed at helping Republican President-elect Donald Trump win the 2016 election, three American officials said on Monday. While the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) does not dispute the CIA's analysis of Russian hacking operations, it has not endorsed their assessment because of a lack of conclusive evidence that Moscow intended to boost Trump over Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton, said the officials, who declined to be named. The position of the ODNI, which oversees the 17 agency-strong U.S. intelligence community, could give Trump fresh ammunition to dispute the CIA assessment, which he rejected as "ridiculous" in weekend remarks, and press his assertion that no evidence implicates Russia in the cyber attacks. Trump's rejection of the CIA's judgment marks the latest in a string of disputes over Russia's international conduct that have erupted between the president-elect and the intelligence community he will soon command. An ODNI spokesman declined to comment on the issue. "ODNI is not arguing that the agency (CIA) is wrong, only that they can't prove intent," said one of the three U.S. officials. "Of course they can't, absent agents in on the decision-making in Moscow."

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
It is me the only one that keep looking at the developing strategy of creating dissent in this nation that started with the lost of Hillary, is like they had all this planned from the beginning, from the recount, to the blaming game, to now the Russia "affair".

Darn Hillary officially is a vicious mad woman and the Democratic party leaders had become anarchist.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

The lies by Democrats started when their illegal behavior was aired by wikileaks. Thats when the Russia bs started from the left. Yes it looks far more organized than one would expect from supposedly spontaneous action. Even the time frame involved after the election supports the theory about trying to deny Trump the swing states to drop him below 270.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

The level of discourse here is embarrassing in the extreme. I strongly dislike the Clinton's connections with the Saudis and the other questionable behavior exhibited with HSBC donating indirectly to the Clinton Foundation. The intelligence community is segregated from the political functions exactly to ensure the intelligence isn't compromised. Anyone who suggests this is a political issue has no clue how the big intel agencies work.

Now that that's out of the way, I am not sure why this is so hard to understand: when I see a direct statement by either a spokesperson or a written press statement from the FBI, NSA, or any other US intelligence agency contradicting ODNI, DHS, and the chairs of the Armed Services Committee you'll have my full attention.

A single dissenting rumor raised to a frantic chorus does not negate a signed statement by the sitting Director of National Intelligence (DNI).

www.dni.gov...

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join