It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Is Why Trump Won ......

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Personally, I'd say Trump won because he lied.

He catered to every audience telling them what they wanted to hear.

Even though he actually said nothing - - - they believed him because they wanted to.

You say that cause its what you want to believe. Just like trump voters say that cause its what they want to believe. I think your on every trump thread saying the same thing. Trump could give every person in the us a bar of gold and you will find something wrong with it. Very negative. Can you at least say one positive thing about him or what he has done so far?
edit on 11-12-2016 by jlafleur02 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Trump won the same way obama did, hope and change, people fell for it one more time.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Interesting. Thanks for posting. Both pro and anti Trump people need to take a close look at this. It happened all over the country. Yes, we know about the popular vote in Boston and L.A. But counties like this, an overwhelming number of them. are what made this happen. As you see here:

You know.. now that I think about it. I think I know what they mean now by "the 1%"...

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
What I've read to explain the difference between rural vote and urban vote, is that quality of living in cities is not actually better, as is commonly thought. It's thought when jobs are hard to find and wages are low and people are struggling to make ends meet, they tend to vote for the party which will make life easier. Since democrats are big on raising taxes on the rich and welfare programs for the poor, it makes sense a person living in desperate circumstances will instinctively vote democrat. Yet life is actually better in rural areas, contrary to popular opinion. This means rural areas vote republican more often than not, feeling more secure in their situation. The reason is complicated and beyond me to explain. Bear in mind what I read might be very wrong.

But there does seem to be a rural/urban divide in the vote. That's why so many people use hte geographic election maps, showing the pro-Trump counties. It shows wide swaths of red area. But they're low population. Just one or two California counties and some New York counties will easily add millions of Hillary votes, countering hundreds of smaller counties.

Googled something interesting:
www.npr.org - Rural Voters Played A Big Part In Helping Trump Defeat Clinton...

It's impossible to tell exactly what is widening this rural-urban gap. After all, a lot of interconnected demographic factors are related to voting patterns. Ruralness is just one more, and it intersects with a few other factors that predicted trump support: rural Americans are more likely to be white and less likely to have college degrees than people in urban areas, and both whiteness and lower levels of college education are characteristics connected to voting for Trump.

edit on 12/11/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I voted for trump, as I'm sure a lot of other people did, for the simple reason that he's not a politician whose already been bought by special interests. He may not be a great human being, or say the right things ever, but if he even gives a half hearted effort is infinitely better then someone whose basically a big buisness/special interest shill. At worst he will be a mild embarrassment and get little accomplished which isn't much worse then Obama, and at best he'll do some of the things he said he which would make him far better then any president we've had in recent memory

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Interesting... to me, where it's mostly blue looks like where more minorities live.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Actually, Trump lost, by about 3 million votes.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Trump won the same way obama did, hope and change, people fell for it one more time.

Did people "fall for it"?

Or did they knowingly take the long shot because the other choice was no choice at all?

edit on 11-12-2016 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Actually, Trump lost, by about 3 million votes.

Lost what by 3 million votes?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

What did he lose?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Yet he is President-elect and soon to be President.

Seems like he won.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Not all Trump supporters are racist, clearly, but all white supremacists are Trump supporters.

Care to share that data with us? And by your logic, all black supremists are Hillary supporters? Way to split the country with baseless statements.
I'll wait for you to show us the data of your statement.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Sure beats "I'm with her" don't you think?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

rural Americans are more likely to be white and less likely to have college degrees than people in urban areas, and both whiteness and lower levels of college education are characteristics connected to voting for Trump.

You know, when folks try to make sense out of stuff that is baffling to them, they sometimes grab at the first thing that floats to the surface, without giving it as much thought as maybe they should.

Areas are designated as rural because there is more undeveloped land in that area than in the city, therefore, there are less people living in those areas. Most of the time the area is either unincorporated, or designated as agricultural, noncommercial, and residential. The number of homes per acre is restricted. Again accounting for more land than people.

Depending on the State and were the land is located, there may be a predominance of Whites living in an area, but it is not unheard of for there to be large groups of Blacks, Hispanics, or some other races in an area. In many country places the towns were usually passed down through the generations.

Where I grew up we had places like Thomasville, Herrmansville, Millers Corner, etc. The places started out with one man buying a lot of land, building a house, and raising a family. As his children married and built their homes on the family land, a town formed around the family, and since the land was owned by that family, it took on their name. We had townships that were Black, and we had some that were White.

First generations usually had no formal education, but with each generation, the number of children to entered and graduate schools of higher learning increased. Today per capita, I am willing to bet there are just as many or not more rural residents that have college degrees, than those that were born and raised in the city. The claim that a large number of rural people voted for Trump and that if you are country you are uneducated, is just plain ridiculous.

In honesty, the likely characteristics of people that voted for Trump are people that are aware of the corruption of our government and is fed up. People that have worked hard all their lives and see an unstable financial future with little hope of passing on a legacy or a solid foundation to their children. There is no one general set of characteristics for a Trump voter, because the majority of the people that voted for Trump were voting against our rogue government.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
We voted for Obama to prove we weren't racist. We voted for Trump to prove we weren't stupid. -AJ

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Of interest Elliott County in 2008

Obama
69.8% 2,064

McCain
29.5% 871

Basically a total flip from 2008 to 2016.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Personally, I'd say Trump won because he lied.

He catered to every audience telling them what they wanted to hear.

Even though he actually said nothing - - - they believed him because they wanted to.

Actually Hillary lost because she lied. Trump won because people are tired of of the same old crap. The only reason it was so close was because Trump is such a terrible candidate himself.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
This is exactly what i was alluding to earlier on !

thread1151254/pg3#pid21630867a reply to: jonnywhite

It's the rural vote

6-reasons-trumps-rise-that-no-one-talks-about

edit on 12/12/16 by Damiel because: to add exp of contxt : it"s the rural vote

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Damiel
It's the rural vote

6-reasons-trumps-rise-that-no-one-talks-about

I saw this before and I love the Tony Stark comparison.

Kinda supports the theory of how subliminally we allow ourselves to be programmed by the media.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

And that's it,

he he he !!!

false, false, fasle news any one ?!?
edit on 12/12/16 by Damiel because: idea of false false false ... news !§ wow!!

edit on 12/12/16 by Damiel because: !wow!! :p

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join