It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAKE NEWS: MSNBC Falsely Reports Fox Had Its Christmas Party At Trump Hotel

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
More Fake News from MSNBC. Typical.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: Krakatoa
a reply to: BubbaJoe

I see more deflection. But..but...look over here. Johnny did it 8 years ago... Yeah, a great position to try to state when you are a child. How about you debate the actual issue and NOT make references to other people doing unrelated things years ago? That is how adults debate issues.

I welcome your insight. Please.

I haven't deflected anything, I spoke my piece about the OP and my opinion. If you consider my opinion, deflection, that is fine, and think less of me, you are just another one of the orange messiah's followers that would like to see the first amendment go away, I understand that, if someone says something hateful about you, silence them. I spent 7 years serving this country, both your 2A right, but all of the rest of them too. You seem to be a one trick pony.

Many in this country do not like Trump, just as many did not like Obama, it is all not going to be unicorns and roses for the orange messiah, or his cabinet picks, you all might want to develop thicker skin.

I fail to see how your service to our country is even relevant in this discussion (thank you for that BTW). More personal attacks and name calling I see. Is that step #2 when deflection fails, liberal use of insults?

For the record, I did not vote for Donald Trump....but he is our president-elect, by due and accepted process. And, the next commander-in-chief. So, as a service veteran, if you were still serving, you would be honor-bound to follow your commander.

Your deflection is not discussing the topic itself, but using a tactic of using an unrelated issue to spin the conversation away from the original intent. IT is related to what is known as an "ad hominem" attack with a side of false dilemma to spice it up a bit.

So, have any ideas about how journalists should be held to a higher standard than anonymous Internet posters?

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: xuenchen

This is some serious business that I need to share. I need to apologize to the audience. Earlier today in a segment I stated that the Fox network held their holiday party at Trump’s D.C. hotel. I was wrong. We’ve since learned that neither Fox network nor an affiliate held any party at Trump’s Washington hotel. I stand corrected. I apologize for the error. I am truly, truly sorry. The mistake entirely my fault. And of course, I wish all my friends over at Fox a very happy holiday no matter where you have your party.”

Mediaite

She apologized at 2pm EST. You are a bit late.

Here is a way to tell a real news agency from fake news. A real agency will correct mistakes and errors. A fake agency will just move onto the next false story.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I see more deflection. But..but...look over here. Johnny did it 8 years ago... Yeah, a great position to try to state when you are a child. How about you debate the actual issue and NOT make references to other people doing unrelated things years ago? That is how adults debate issues.

I welcome your insight. Please.

I haven't deflected anything, I spoke my piece about the OP and my opinion. If you consider my opinion, deflection, that is fine, and think less of me, you are just another one of the orange messiah's followers that would like to see the first amendment go away, I understand that, if someone says something hateful about you, silence them. I spent 7 years serving this country, both your 2A right, but all of the rest of them too. You seem to be a one trick pony.

Many in this country do not like Trump, just as many did not like Obama, it is all not going to be unicorns and roses for the orange messiah, or his cabinet picks, you all might want to develop thicker skin.

I fail to see how your service to our country is even relevant in this discussion (thank you for that BTW). More personal attacks and name calling I see. Is that step #2 when deflection fails, liberal use of insults?

For the record, I did not vote for Donald Trump....but he is our president-elect, by due and accepted process. And, the next commander-in-chief. So, as a service veteran, if you were still serving, you would be honor-bound to follow your commander.

Your deflection is not discussing the topic itself, but using a tactic of using an unrelated issue to spin the conversation away from the original intent. IT is related to what is known as an "ad hominem" attack with a side of false dilemma to spice it up a bit.

So, have any ideas about how journalists should be held to a higher standard than anonymous Internet posters?

I am sorry, actually thought I was responding in a different thread. The commentator from MSNBC screwed up, maybe she had info from a bad source, I don't know, I wasn't there. It was later retracted, which is the right way to do things.

I called no one a name except the orange messiah, and he will remain so named until I actually see something positive from him, his cabinet picks aren't it.

In my opinion, she reported a false story, later retracted, good on MSNBC. I agree that journalists should be held to a higher standard, I once aspired to be one. Then you look at Brian Williams and his failures. Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity, and O'Reilly, even Alex Jones, no one considers them to be journalists, but look at their followers. Their followers consider them to be the all-seeing eye, and never from there side do they stray.

I read about 40 news sites a day, and have listened to all of them, sometimes even enjoying it, O'Reilly ventures out of politics occasionally. I have done a lot of windshield time, listen to all kinds of stuff. NOBODY, mainstream, lamestream, alt left/right, is telling us the whole story. You have to be willing to do the research. I am lucky, I make a portion of my income doing web research.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Cool. Thanks for being forthright and apologizing. I have messed up and cross-posted myself on occasion. "IT" happens. No worries.

And, I did really mean thanks for your service. I come from a military family, and understand how someone's word can be their bond.

Nice to hear you agree about holding journalists to a higher standard. Yes, she did apologize, and for that she should be commended. But, this should be the lighthouse to other journalists that there are rocks ahead now. The Clinton's cannot protect them anymore.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Wow.

That's fantastic to know. Everyone I know watches & is brainwashed by MSNBC.

Please share more mindless sh*t with us when you're free again.

True, I didn't even know who she was, but I easily found she apologized about 6 hours ago, probably a few hours after she said it.

Oldest media propaganda trick in the book... push out fake news and then retract it later after the damage is done.

Like when Harry said, Romney didn't pay taxes for 10 yrs.

Binders full of women.

Banning all muslims, all mexicans are racist and will be deported.

Most qualified ever!

It's gone over the top stupid with these people.

Hands up don't shoot.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Chickensalad
ANNNND of course, you guys are attacking the OP, not even discussing the BS, flat out lie, perpetrated in the link.

Way to deflect.

This is getting beyond absurd anymore.

I have not attacked the OP, pointed out the newscaster retracted, but yet the bovine feces keeps flying.

The point is , it was a discussion on Trump and keeping business separate from the Presidency. Then some "journalist" just spouts trash , and rhetoric (because it sounded good) with no fact checking at all. MSNBC probably called her out on it and she had to apologize . Fox News is not close to having their Christmas Party yet
You didnt read the article in the OP either , did ya ? Just randomly posting words....

Actually the OP was an opinion piece by an author at Rolling Stone, I happen to agree with the author. Trump's cabinet picks are horrible, can't wait for the confirmation hearings. The MSNBC commentator, made a statement, and later retracted. Limbaugh and his minions spout trash all the time, that they are later called on, but that is ok, because it feeds your agenda. Jesus man, give it up, we have 8 years of people telling straight up lies about Obama, and now poor Donny needs to be protected from the truth. JFC

Oh yeah, the same rag that's lost what little cred they had with that disgusting FAKE RAPE STORY.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Cool. Thanks for being forthright and apologizing. I have messed up and cross-posted myself on occasion. "IT" happens. No worries.

And, I did really mean thanks for your service. I come from a military family, and understand how someone's word can be their bond.

Nice to hear you agree about holding journalists to a higher standard. Yes, she did apologize, and for that she should be commended. But, this should be the lighthouse to other journalists that there are rocks ahead now. The Clinton's cannot protect them anymore.

My thanks to your family as well. Underneath our beliefs, we are all human, IRL, over a beer, we probably have more in common than the sum of our differences.

While I will agree that the Clinton's can't protect them, Trump should not be able to sue people for saying bad things about him. He seriously wants to limit the 1st Amendment, and this scares the hell out of me.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I will apologize, actually thought I was still replying in another thread. This one is about an MSNBC host saying that Fox and the RNC had hosted events at Trump facilities. She later retracted, but somehow that isn't enough for y'all. Did you know the Trump campaign paid his companies something like 12 million dollars for Trump Campaign events, this seems legit to y'all right?

Sure why not?

Better service, no waiting and done at cost.

They said the potus race would cost $2 bil.

He came in way under budget, $66 mil and it's still costing hillary money and she lost.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

ANNNND of course, you guys are attacking the OP, not even discussing the BS, flat out lie, perpetrated in the link.

Way to deflect.

I have not attacked the OP, pointed out the newscaster retracted, but yet the bovine feces keeps flying.

The point is , it was a discussion on Trump and keeping business separate from the Presidency. Then some "journalist" just spouts trash , and rhetoric (because it sounded good) with no fact checking at all. MSNBC probably called her out on it and she had to apologize . Fox News is not close to having their Christmas Party yet
You didnt read the article in the OP either , did ya ? Just randomly posting words....

Actually the OP was an opinion piece by an author at Rolling Stone, I happen to agree with the author. Trump's cabinet picks are horrible, can't wait for the confirmation hearings. The MSNBC commentator, made a statement, and later retracted. Limbaugh and his minions spout trash all the time, that they are later called on, but that is ok, because it feeds your agenda. Jesus man, give it up, we have 8 years of people telling straight up lies about Obama, and now poor Donny needs to be protected from the truth. JFC

Oh yeah, the same rag that's lost what little cred they had with that disgusting FAKE RAPE STORY.

It WAS AN OPINION PIECE and not reported as news as the OP insisted. Trump is an ass, I support that authors opinion, and Trump is filling the swamp with creatures. Have I just created fake news? Nope my personal opinion.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I will apologize, actually thought I was still replying in another thread. This one is about an MSNBC host saying that Fox and the RNC had hosted events at Trump facilities. She later retracted, but somehow that isn't enough for y'all. Did you know the Trump campaign paid his companies something like 12 million dollars for Trump Campaign events, this seems legit to y'all right?

Sure why not?

He came in way under budget, $66 mil and it's still costing hillary money and she lost.

Crony capitalism is all your style isn't it?

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

[SNIP]
Trump should not be able to sue people for saying bad things about him. He seriously wants to limit the 1st Amendment, and this scares the hell out of me.

But as we all know. What a president WANTS and what a president GETS are two different things. He can rant and demand all he wants. He is still bound by limited powers assigned that position. And, for good reason. Reasons you have pointed out.

"Go Navy!"

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Sure why not?

66 mil was only Donny's portion, you seem to be oblivious of all of his supporters. Supposedly that was his out of pocket costs, but since he will not release any records, we just have to believe him.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Way to deflect.

It WAS AN OPINION PIECE and not reported as news as the OP insisted. Trump is an ass, I support that authors opinion, and Trump is filling the swamp with creatures. Have I just created fake news? Nope my personal opinion.

How the hell is, "Fox news had it's christmas party there" an opinion?

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

[SNIP]
Trump should not be able to sue people for saying bad things about him. He seriously wants to limit the 1st Amendment, and this scares the hell out of me.

But as we all know. What a president WANTS and what a president GETS are two different things. He can rant and demand all he wants. He is still bound by limited powers assigned that position. And, for good reason. Reasons you have pointed out.

"Go Navy!"

I was AF but taught in a DOD school, so all branches.

To have a Presidential candidate come out and want to violate the 1st amendment was a huge red flag for me. The muslim ban, another strike against the first, Trump has got some screws loose.

I supported Kassich, actually think he is a pretty much, middle of the road Republican. I am a pretty much common sense, middle of america, middle road kind of person.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Way to deflect.

Sorry Burger, am an the wrong thread again. She reported incorrectly, and then they retracted, how is that an issue?

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Way to deflect.

Sorry Burger, am an the wrong thread again. She reported incorrectly, and then they retracted, how is that an issue?

I don't have an issue with any retraction or apology.

I DO think both should be as large as the "false" reports and not buried on page 18 in fine print or a tweet when it was said on prime time tv.

edit on 12 9 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Way to deflect.

No harm no foul.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

It's an issue because she just pulled something out of thin air and reported it as a fact. It wasn't like she got a date wrong or a name wrong. She just made something up, stated it as fact, let it float around for a few hours, then issued an apology.

That's the same thing Harry Reid did when he said Romney hadn't paid his taxes. When called out on his lie, his response was, "We won, didn't we". Never mind that he made the whole thing up and lots of people bought into it.

Apology not accepted.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Way to deflect.

No harm no foul.

I agree no page 18 in fine print

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join