It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BACKFIRE! Jill Stein’s Recount Leads To New VOTER ID LAW In Michigan

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: dragonridr

Again we find the same folks calling racist turn out to be the most racist of the bunch...I showed this thread to a co-worker tonight who happened to be black...he said he felt anyone insinuating black people would have an issue with voter ID laws because they would have an issue getting an ID were stupid and probably don't actually know many black people.

That's the response of every black person I know, too.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: reldra

Parroting leftist propaganda talking points you read in the fake news again?

Anybody who believes poor people and people of color don't already have IDs or are somehow incapable of obtaining one is racist and classist.

Classist? That's a thing now? I think they are ignorant. I agree with the black dude in that video, a little racist, but mostly just ignorant.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: In4ormant

Nowhere is it claimed the law is already finalized.

The title is correct.

The story is correct,

You are wrong yet again.

Learn to read.

The title says 'leads to new voter ID law in Michigan'. It leads one to believe there is a new voter ID law in Michigan. Leads to means it went to some destination.

I dont think asking grown adults who vote in elections that determine the leader of the free world to show up with a required photo i.d. is a stretch.

Gimme a damn break

It is, for some. If they can get to the 'free id' place, great. It would also depend on how far.

Voting is a right, a deeply ingrained right and nowhere in the constitution do I see you must show photo id in order to do so.

Are you serious? What is next, having predetermined places to vote is racist, black people are incapable of getting to another location!

Good lord you are out of touch. Walk. Take the bus. Have a friend give you a ride. Ride a bike. These are human beings you are belittling, not mindless puppies or something.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

Why would he veto a bill that would make voting more legitimate and secure?

Many states find photo ID at every vote to be a burden on the public. It costs money to buy even a non driver id in most states, sometimes up to $50. Constitutionally, that would make it a pay to vote thing.

I live in an affluent village. I don't have to show ID, I do have to sign a book where I have only ONE space for my name and address and it must reasonably match my past signature. No other person with my name can then get near a voting machine. That seems to work.

I'm in California, the county will pay for you to get a state ID if you cannot afford one. You also need an ID to do practically anything in life and most cops will tell you that you need an ID even if you're just walking down the street.
When we go to vote they ask us our name and address and we sign on the line, that's it. It is not compared to anything and one could easily vote for someone else if you merely knew their name and address.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlbanArthur

originally posted by: avgguy

Why would he veto a bill that would make voting more legitimate and secure?

No one has figured out how to fake ids?

In other words......if the DNC is behind the voter fraud it would be easier for them to make fake ids for everyone.

I think eventually this is going to lead to chipping everyone.

I wonder which verse in Revelation we are at in this point of time?

People also know how to bypass the lock on a front door. Does that mean you may as well make it easier for them by leaving it unlocked or would you rather make it harder for them by adding a extra obstacle of security to it?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Parroting leftist propaganda talking points you read in the fake news again?

Anybody who believes poor people and people of color don't already have IDs or are somehow incapable of obtaining one is racist and classist.

That is just A-MA-ZING !

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: roaland

i live in Ohio. I have to show my ID to vote, repeat back my address then i can vote. Takes me 30 seconds to go through that. I still have to show ID to buy a horror movie for christ sake. It's not an inconvenience. I have to show it when i use my debit card, buy booze, cigs, if i get pulled over, when i go to the sheriffs department to pick up a new CCW, when i go into my place of work.

But its to much to ask for an ID for the most important act in this country to help make it more secure? ya'll need some new lines, that ones burned out.

Well put.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

Nowhere is it claimed the law is already finalized.

The title is correct.

The story is correct,

You are wrong yet again.

Learn to read.

The title says 'leads to new voter ID law in Michigan'. It leads one to believe there is a new voter ID law in Michigan. Leads to means it went to some destination.

I dont think asking grown adults who vote in elections that determine the leader of the free world to show up with a required photo i.d. is a stretch.

Gimme a damn break

It is, for some. If they can get to the 'free id' place, great. It would also depend on how far.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Voting isn't an actual Right.

Meanwhile leaving it open to those without ID leaves it open to people who wouldn't have a Right to even if it were a Right for US Citizens.

I wonder how the left would deal with it when trump gets re-elected but they did get their way of not needing ID to vote in all 50 states. They will state that russians have been flown over to vote which they could because they did not need any ID to do so, they would then blame the system for not requiring ID.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: [post=21629345]reldra
I guess you didn't want to respond to my post because it would force you to either agree with reason or keep going with your lame points that don't really make sense.

How was it that people could make it over a hundred miles to vote in an age before cars where one walked or rode a horse, but now can't make it to a DMV to get a legally required ID...not just for voting but just generally required by law?

You make some of the weakest arguments around when it comes to anything political. Please stop because you're building a bad looking rep around here...no one will value a thing you say if you keep this up.

I already reached that point quite some time ago to be absolutely honest.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
There are millions of Illegals in the USA, this would stop at least some of them from voting, if they aren't here legally then their vote isn't legal either. The vote is a privilege for legal residents. Showing a picture ID to vote is a good thing to prevent voter fraud.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Looks like the usual suspects had the wind taken out of their sails. Deconstructing their arguments will have them running for their safe spaces.
I have to have a back ground check to purchase a fire arm. AND I have to show ID. The 2nd amendment to the constitution. But to suggest the need to prove who you are to vote is racist, classist, disenfranchising, xenophobic, sexist, or what ever else the left uses to push the center moderates away, is down right idiotic.
Good job Jill. What else do you have on your agenda that will back fire?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

Remember it was also considered racist to demand to see barrack husseins birth certificate. The POTUS no less. I would say the people have a right to ask that no matter what.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
There are millions of Illegals in the USA, this would stop at least some of them from voting, if they aren't here legally then their vote isn't legal either. The vote is a privilege for legal residents. Showing a picture ID to vote is a good thing to prevent voter fraud.

If they are not here legally, there is a lot more they shouldn't be able to do. They shouldn't be able to use our roads, get a driver's license, get any government (eg. the people) benefits, occupy a residence...hell...breathe our air! They are no different than a squatter that enters your home, uses your property and purchased products, pays no rent, refuses to leave and stinks up the place. They may be dangerous to your children, they may perform ADDITIONAL illegal acts within your home and they bring down the property value.

They should all be round up and sent home because each and every ILLEGAL alien IS a CRIMINAL. If they have other family that are legal...then the legal immigrants are welcome to join them on their relocation.

And I'm such a nice freakin' guy I'm willing to allow my taxes to pay their one-way ticket home.
edit on 12/13/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/13/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Voting is a right, a deeply ingrained right and nowhere in the constitution do I see you must show photo id in order to do so.

If someone is incapable of doing something as simple as getting photo ID (especially if free) do you really want them to be voting in an election?

It seems to me that the only ones who would feel aggrieved by this would be people who are in the country illegally.

edit on 13122016 by bilbous because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
In Michigan they take your ID and look to see if it's you then slide it through the reader to read the magnetic strip. Once it's read your done for this election. Now if you say you need a free ID because yours has expired too bad. The free ID is only for those who have never had an ID.

Lets not talk about the number on the card and the ballot so they can look to see who you voted for. Lets just say it's not secret.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join