It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BACKFIRE! Jill Stein’s Recount Leads To New VOTER ID LAW In Michigan

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Michigan already has a voter ID law this just gives free ID to those that don't exist. You need an ID for everything but the old law had a way around it by signing papers. Now no excuse it's free.

Great law

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like Jill Stein's vote recount efforts has produced some new legislation in Michigan.

The Michigan House has passed a brand new voter ID law for Christmas.

I guess they must have found out about some vote fraud somewhere !!

BACKFIRE! Jill Stein’s Recount Leads To New VOTER ID LAW In Michigan

Jill Stein’s recount efforts in Michigan have led to something that ‘s going to make people on the left very angry. It seems the Michigan state legislature is taking Stein’s concerns about voter fraud very seriously, so they’re passing a new voter ID law.

Hot Air reports:

Thanks, Jill: Michigan House passes voter-ID bill after vote-fraud hyperbole

Be careful what you wish for … you just might get it. Jill Stein didn’t get the recount she wanted in Michigan, but she did get the state to take vote-integrity issues seriously. Meeting in its lame-duck session, the state House of Representatives passed a tough voter-ID bill that includes $3 million for funding of free state identification and birth certificates after over 18,000 voters cast ballots without identification in the presidential election:

Michigan’s Republican-led House on Wednesday night approved a strict voter identification proposal over strenuous objections from Democrats who argued the plan could disenfranchise properly registered voters.

GOP is now throwing a bone to people after the election. My god how more transparent do you need the GOP voter suppression to be?

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

What's that about voter ID laws?

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle
GOP is now throwing a bone to people after the election. My god how more transparent do you need the GOP voter suppression to be?

Not sure where your going with this your not making any sense. The vote is protected just like Stein and everyone wants.

It's Free

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

Nowhere is it claimed the law is already finalized.

The title is correct.

The story is correct,

You are wrong yet again.

Learn to read.

The title says 'leads to new voter ID law in Michigan'. It leads one to believe there is a new voter ID law in Michigan. Leads to means it went to some destination.

I dont think asking grown adults who vote in elections that determine the leader of the free world to show up with a required photo i.d. is a stretch.

Gimme a damn break

It is, for some. If they can get to the 'free id' place, great. It would also depend on how far.

Voting is a right, a deeply ingrained right and nowhere in the constitution do I see you must show photo id in order to do so.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Voting isn't an actual Right.

Meanwhile leaving it open to those without ID leaves it open to people who wouldn't have a Right to even if it were a Right for US Citizens.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
a reply to: Pyle

Not sure where your going with this your not making any sense. The vote is protected just like Stein and everyone wants.

It's Free

It must be free and unobstructed. You are missing decades of voter supression here. I am not surprised the conservatives act like it is a non issue.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Voting isn't an actual Right.

Meanwhile leaving it open to those without ID leaves it open to people who wouldn't have a Right to even if it were a Right for US Citizens.

It is an actual right. Over 18, non-felon (in most states), US citizen..you can vote. If you are to turn 18 before the general election you can vote in the primaries.
edit on 9-12-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

When did it not become 'not an actual right'?
edit on 9-12-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: ugmold
a reply to: xuenchen
And some Judge (tRumpie) stops the recount effort...what kind of sense does that make? Double Negative, not by Stein, but by the Right. If they think there is Fraud and passed a Voter ID Law, why not go ahead with a recount?

The federal judge is an Obama appointed judge.

Guess he shouldn't have reached across the aisle.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

What a mind job. Todays university kids, despite these schools seemingly spending more time teaching social virtue signaling than actual 'academics', are like the most pompously ignorant social baffoons ever. There it is folks: "High Information" caught on camera. I'd love to have seen all those same white wannabe know it all kids crying after the election.

edit on 9-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

It is, for some. If they can get to the 'free id' place, great. It would also depend on how far.

Voting is a right, a deeply ingrained right and nowhere in the constitution do I see you must show photo id in order to do so.

I/m confused that it's too tough to go get an ID but not to go wherever to vote. You need to quit looking down on people.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Shocking the GOP continues to push Voter ID laws to suppress votes. Color me surprised! But let's blame Jill Stein? How typical of conservatives. Pathetic.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Show us in the Constitution where it says voting is a Right.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AlbanArthur

I think it should be how it was when I took tests for my grad program. State ID, then you get your picture taken to be kept on file and then they take an electronic fingerprint. If you have to do that to take a test, why not for a national election?

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
In the "National Hispanic Study" and The Old Dominion/George Mason study 13% and 14.8% of non-citizens admitted to being registered to vote. take into account those who lied on the survey because it is a crime the number is likely around 25%
That is the major issue, Will always be. It's why the democrats don't want it. ID must happen.

Got to love those stories when people can get their dogs registered to vote, it is really that easy in some states. Nope. nothing to see here.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Concerning your statement there, this might be important for you to watch a few good times:

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

owning a firearm is right also but you have to show an I.D to buy a firearm.

so, the idea that showing an I.D. in order to excercise ones rights somehow deprives them of that right is total BS!

In order to treat everyone equally a photo I.D. should be required to vote or a photo I.D. should NOT be required to by a firearm.

you can`t have it both ways because then you aren`t treating everyone equally, requiring photo I.D. to exercise one right but not requiring it to exercise another right is, well it`s discrimination.

edit on 9-12-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
What we see with this issue is quite something when considering this new "fake news" push that the Lib's are running wild with right now:

If you dont agree with them you face getting branded as "FAKE News" (and thus CENSORED and your livelihood potentially ruined), even if you are a US Citizen.

However, if you agree with them, and can figure out how to do it, you can vote here even if you aren't a US Citizen.
edit on 9-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

The Michigan bill they just did they are pony'ing up the money to cover any expenses for people that 'cant' afford to get their own ID. Therefore the work I've seen you perform in here is all redundant of the waste of time variety.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=21629345]reldra
I guess you didn't want to respond to my post because it would force you to either agree with reason or keep going with your lame points that don't really make sense.

How was it that people could make it over a hundred miles to vote in an age before cars where one walked or rode a horse, but now can't make it to a DMV to get a legally required ID...not just for voting but just generally required by law?

You make some of the weakest arguments around when it comes to anything political. Please stop because you're building a bad looking rep around here...no one will value a thing you say if you keep this up.
edit on 9-12-2016 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join