It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BACKFIRE! Jill Stein’s Recount Leads To New VOTER ID LAW In Michigan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Looks like Jill Stein's vote recount efforts has produced some new legislation in Michigan.

The Michigan House has passed a brand new voter ID law for Christmas.

I guess they must have found out about some vote fraud somewhere !!

BACKFIRE! Jill Stein’s Recount Leads To New VOTER ID LAW In Michigan

Jill Stein’s recount efforts in Michigan have led to something that ‘s going to make people on the left very angry. It seems the Michigan state legislature is taking Stein’s concerns about voter fraud very seriously, so they’re passing a new voter ID law.

Hot Air reports:

Thanks, Jill: Michigan House passes voter-ID bill after vote-fraud hyperbole

Be careful what you wish for … you just might get it. Jill Stein didn’t get the recount she wanted in Michigan, but she did get the state to take vote-integrity issues seriously. Meeting in its lame-duck session, the state House of Representatives passed a tough voter-ID bill that includes $3 million for funding of free state identification and birth certificates after over 18,000 voters cast ballots without identification in the presidential election:

Michigan’s Republican-led House on Wednesday night approved a strict voter identification proposal over strenuous objections from Democrats who argued the plan could disenfranchise properly registered voters.

(post by reldra removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
And some Judge [snipped] stops the recount effort...what kind of sense does that make? Double Negative, not by Stein, but by the Right. If they think there is Fraud and passed a Voter ID Law, why not go ahead with a recount?

edit on Fri Dec 9 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Why would he veto a bill that would make voting more legitimate and secure?

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

Many states find photo ID at every vote to be a burden on the public. It costs money to buy even a non driver id in most states, sometimes up to $50. Constitutionally, that would make it a pay to vote thing.

I live in an affluent village. I don't have to show ID, I do have to sign a book where I have only ONE space for my name and address and it must reasonably match my past signature. No other person with my name can then get near a voting machine. That seems to work.
edit on 9-12-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Nowhere is it claimed the law is already finalized.

The title is correct.

The story is correct,

You are wrong yet again.

Learn to read.
edit on 9-12-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The funny thing is, Stein should actually support this gesture considering what she is "supposed" to represent. Her overlords have discovered scrambled egg on their face instead of over-easy on a plate with a tall glass of prophylactic wheat grass, lol.

Too bad...

+1 for voter ID laws!

link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

The title is correct.

The story is correct,

You are wrong yet again.

Learn to read.

The title says 'leads to new voter ID law in Michigan'. It leads one to believe there is a new voter ID law in Michigan. Leads to means it went to some destination.

link   

No one has figured out how to fake ids?

In other words......if the DNC is behind the voter fraud it would be easier for them to make fake ids for everyone.

I think eventually this is going to lead to chipping everyone.

I wonder which verse in Revelation we are at in this point of time?
edit on 12/9/2016 by AlbanArthur because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/9/2016 by AlbanArthur because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Do you think it would be a good thing to veto? I am of the belief that making sure one is eligible to vote is a priority...how about you?

+27 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Parroting leftist propaganda talking points you read in the fake news again?

Anybody who believes poor people and people of color don't already have IDs or are somehow incapable of obtaining one is racist and classist.

link   

I'd think that the simplest strategy that couldn't be falsified or altered would be to use fingerprints as identification....

+25 more 
link   

i live in Ohio. I have to show my ID to vote, repeat back my address then i can vote. Takes me 30 seconds to go through that. I still have to show ID to buy a horror movie for christ sake. It's not an inconvenience. I have to show it when i use my debit card, buy booze, cigs, if i get pulled over, when i go to the sheriffs department to pick up a new CCW, when i go into my place of work.

But its to much to ask for an ID for the most important act in this country to help make it more secure? ya'll need some new lines, that ones burned out.

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Many states find photo ID at every vote to be a burden on the public. It costs money to buy even a non driver id in most states, sometimes up to $50. Constitutionally, that would make it a pay to vote thing.

I live in an affluent village. I don't have to show ID, I do have to sign a book where I have only ONE space for my name and address and it must reasonably match my past signature. No other person with my name can then get near a voting machine. That seems to work.

It is also against the law to not have identification in the form of a picture ID or Drivers License. So again why is it a burden if it's already a law to have one?

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

"Leads" clearly indicates it is still in process.

If "lead" were used it would mean it was already a done deal.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I think ....

$3 million for funding of free state identification and birth certificates after over 18,000 voters cast ballots without identification in the presidential election

...answers it all.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

from the quote in the opening post:

the state House of Representatives passed a tough voter-ID bill that includes $3 million for funding of free state identification and birth certificates

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

The title is correct.

The story is correct,

You are wrong yet again.

Learn to read.

The title says 'leads to new voter ID law in Michigan'. It leads one to believe there is a new voter ID law in Michigan. Leads to means it went to some destination.

I dont think asking grown adults who vote in elections that determine the leader of the free world to show up with a required photo i.d. is a stretch.

Gimme a damn break
edit on 9-12-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I have to show my ID to do a lot of things. Makes sense that I should have to show my ID to vote.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
And some Judge (tRumpie) stops the recount effort...what kind of sense does that make? Double Negative, not by Stein, but by the Right. If they think there is Fraud and passed a Voter ID Law, why not go ahead with a recount?

The federal judge is an Obama appointed judge.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join