It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arandu Arakuaa - Native Brazilian Metal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Hello, ATS! Today I wanted to share with you one of my favorite bands, Arandu Arakuaa.
Now, I've always been a big fan of folk bands, and bands that sing about history in general. The thing is, most of these bands only sing about European history, and as much as I like European history, it gets boring after the 100th band. So one day I decided to try and find something different, metal bands whose lyrics focused on other cultures and ended up stumbling upon this band.

Arandu Arakuaa means “Knowledge of the cycles of heaven” or “Wisdom of the cosmos” in Tupi-Guarani language. According to themselves, the "band's musicality merges aspects of Heavy Metal, indigenous music and Brazilian folk music with lyrics in the indigenous languages Tupi, Xerente and Xavante, inspired by the legends, rituals and struggles of Indigenous Peoples from Brazil, aiming to contribute to the dissemination and appreciation of their cultures, underestimated over the centuries.".

Below are some of my favorite songs by them. Their style does take a while to get used to, but their uniqueness is what makes them so awesome to me.

I hope you all enjoy their sound!

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
mind blown at the 2 minute mark..and then again 40 seconds later.

What is this. heh. I am not sure if I love or hate it, but it certainly has my attention while I sort out my feelings of it. Thanks for bringing this forward, its certainly something to experience.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorsen

For a minute there, I thought it was another:

I'd # it....

Though... a double neck guitar in a death metal sounding video????

I even noticed the similarity in the "Metallica" style logo.

Still... When it comes to Brazillian Metal... I'll stick with:

Or, if you like more of the music type similar to what the OP had..

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

As I said, it does take a while for you to get used to their style
At first I didn't really like it either, but I kept returning to their songs and now I'm a fan.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I can't stand Sepultura for some reason. There are other great Brazilian bands though, especially if you're into Power Metal. Angra is the first that comes to mind.
There is also a relatively unknown band called Armahda (Not Power Metal) that sings about Brazilian history, and they have an amazing song about my favorite Brazilian historical figure, D. Pedro II. Check it out:

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I can't stand Sepultura for some reason.

Fair enough. I still can't get into either, bro.

Tell ya what. How about me meet happily in the middle. I know you can appreciate this!

Close enough, right?

edit on 9-12-2016 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorsen
a reply to: SaturnFX

As I said, it does take a while for you to get used to their style
At first I didn't really like it either, but I kept returning to their songs and now I'm a fan.

Well, I keep coming back and listening to them for some reason, so something is drawing me to it.
I think the mix of metal (always a metal fan) mixed with the raw primitive beats that call to most people still in touch with their savage nature is gonna make people stop and listen...but its also some pretty intense culture shock.

But if I didn't like it, I woulda stopped at 1 video, 1 time. Not gonna blast this in the car going down the road, but definately gonna be listening to this more as just something outside of the ordinary.

You ever hear of wakaggi band? That can be a similar culture shock fusion experience.

I did a thread on them here if its at all interesting to you:
Wakaggi Band

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

I can't stand Sepultura for some reason.

Fair enough. I still can't get into either, bro.

Tell ya what. How about me meet happily in the middle. I know you can appreciate this!

Close enough, right?

Maidens been going steadily downhill ever since Killers!

top topics

join