It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Press finally admits Clinton campaign attempted to directly influence the media!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

- it's life.

I wouldn't say its "life". It may be "the way life is right now with the great overwhelming majority of news reporting organizations", but the way you put it sounds as if you believe there is no alternative.

It is entirely possible to have a personal bias, yet report on a story, topic, event, person, etc., without that bias extending to the content of your reporting. No matter how tempting it may be, no matter how begrudgingly one may do so, one CAN do it, and leave their personal feelings out of it.

It seems to be a problem that has gotten worse in this day and age. It may have always been present for all I know, but looking at older news casts, it seems that at least they weren't so blatant about it, if not less biased at all. There was definitely less sensationalism, and with todays sensationalism, comes an attached dose of emotions, and with those emotions, that is where the bias comes in, and strict, stringent logic and fact reporting goes out the window.

It doesn't HAVE to be this way. I think it started when ratings started to become a major factor, and they realized that they could use psychological tricks of the emotions of people, to get more viewers than the next guy, and then it became a situation of, if you can't beat em, join em... otherwise go out of business, so now everyone is doing it.

If there were some way to take ratings out of the equation, without turning to a completely government controlled propaganda outlet, then we could have a return to the more traditional forms of real journalism. How? I don't know... I guess we would need to take money completely out of the equation, then there would not be competition for viewers, and advertisers, and there would be no need for all this extra crap... but that (taking money out) would require a complete transformation of society. There must be another way.

If the population WANTED facts and not an emotional drug dose, then news outlets would be forced to give the people what they want, as they would not be watching the programs that do not give them the truth. So perhaps the problem is with the people, and a mass awakening is required.

Sorry for going on so long, and I know a lot of this is obvious... I was just kind of thinking out loud, trying to get into why it is this way, even though technically it doesn't have to be, while admitting that some major changes need to take place and it isn't just as simple as "why don't they just be honest"? Well, cause then they might go out of business...

But really, these psychological tricks in advertising and news and politics should be illegal. If you cannot logically explain why your point of view, your product, your political agenda, is the true and better one, you should rightly fail and fall into obscurity. What it comes down to is a soft form of mind control. Using scientifically proven methods to sway someone's opinion, whether or not it is good or true, or harmful, or a lie... its morally wrong and causes many problems in our society. That should matter. Aiming to create a BETTER world, should be a no brainer. These techniques are simple and easy to identify.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted
a reply to: GuidedKill
For all you call CNN biased towards the DNC, isn't Fox as biased towards the GOP? Are you really surprised that all parties in an election campaign would look to get the advantage from the media? If you are surprised, that's a little naive.

BUT........... that isn't fake news, every media outlet carries an element of bias and editorial, every one of them. Fake news is reporting something that there is no evidence actually happened (like the pope endorsing Trump as one example of GOP BS).

Everyone has bias, you do, I do, everyone on ATS or any where else does. On some topics our bias may match, on others it won't - it's life.

CNN gave Hillary questions to the debate against Bernie, ahead of the debate.
That goes a bit beyond biased.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I think Ace nailed it

On Media Lies and Political Lore
—Ace

Scroll down for the post at Ace of Spades HQ. They aren't defending any truth. They're defending their lore which is a far different thing. They always patrol against right-leaning political lore, but notice how they never criticize left-leaning lore like:

Hands Up Don't Shoot

Jared Loughner being incited by Sarah Palin

The whole post is worth looking at in the diatribe over real and fake and I'd quote a lot from it, but Ace uses salty language. Anyhow, you'll have to scroll down to catch this post, but it's worth reading.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
This story can't be true, because everyone here on ATS has guaranteed us that the media is completely dedicated to the Democrats, so why would she have to try to influence them?

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
This story can't be true, because everyone here on ATS has guaranteed us that the media is completely dedicated to the Democrats, so why would she have to try to influence them?

Possibly one of the most brilliant comments I've heard today !!

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: uncommitted
For all you call CNN biased towards the DNC, isn't Fox as biased towards the GOP? Are you really surprised that all parties in an election campaign would look to get the advantage from the media? If you are surprised, that's a little naive.

BUT........... that isn't fake news, every media outlet carries an element of bias and editorial, every one of them. Fake news is reporting something that there is no evidence actually happened (like the pope endorsing Trump as one example of GOP BS).

Everyone has bias, you do, I do, everyone on ATS or any where else does. On some topics our bias may match, on others it won't - it's life.

CNN gave Hillary questions to the debate against Bernie, ahead of the debate.
That goes a bit beyond biased.

Funny how no one cried "fake news" when that happened.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: HeywoodFloyd

we know quite well that MSNBC, CNN, ABC et al. are just Hillary Clinton's lapdogs.

and we know quite well about crooked and corrupt Hillary Clinton.

however...Mika Brzezinski ???
REALLY?

as soon as I read that surname an alarm bell ringed in my head.
and infact...

Mika Brzezinski is the daughter of Zbigniew Brzezinski.
you know who Zbigniew Brzezinski is, right ?

like saying the daughter of Henry Kissinger.
like saying the daughter of George Soros, or the daughter of David Rockefeller.

for me they can pull her off the air,
and also pull her off the planet.
I couldn't care less.

------------------------------------------------

*for those who don't know:

Zbigniew Brzezinski, National Security Advisor of Jimmy Carter
and advisor of Lyndon Johnson.
Zbigniew Brzezinski is a longtime member of the Council on Foreign Relations
and of the Bilderberg Group ...

Isn't that interesting, game players exposing themselves. Why, because the partisan crowd probably won't even notice.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
Why is this surprising every politician does the same. Trump did also try.

link?

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
The last time i watched MSNBC, was back when they had "Imus In The Morning" show.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Come on gang, they said they're sorry and that from now on neutrality is the name of the game.No more agenda driven reporting..... Surely we can trust the MSM now.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

I can only repeat what I said in my initial post. Bias is inherent. In America there will be aspects of the media that swing towards the Republicans - they will slant the news - real news - to favour the Republican movement at the expense of other political movements. Likewise some will slant towards the Democrats. That has always existed and always will. It's pointless anyone getting over excited when they see what they perceive as the 'other side' doing it, because 'their side' will be doing it just as much.

I guarantee it was was happening just as much in what you may consider a more gentler age. It's not illegal, sheesh, some people on ATS seem to exist to post links to dubious items more in the fringe areas of the media (including online blogs) that are heavily, massively biased against those they don't wish to succeed, articles that usually don't contain more than the merest grain of something that could be regarded as fact - should they be illegal?

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
Well that garners a little bit of respect back, but still far off the mark for being considered a news source with any type of integrity. The more important part of this video is the fact that she directly calls out the HRC for trying to control the narrative. I mean can we blame HRC though is the question. We seen many emails showing her campaign directly working with multiple media outlets to push fake news or directly attack their opponents with false allegations.

Simple answer to that question, absolutely.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zimnydran
Come on gang, they said they're sorry and that from now on neutrality is the name of the game.No more agenda driven reporting..... Surely we can trust the MSM now.

Said no one ever.

Who actually watches TV for "the news?"

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH that's the problem, folks.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

No kidding? Who would have guessed? CNN leaks her debate questions for starters. Then this whole "fake news" BS, sore loser much. "Fake news" cost her the election, but a youtube video started Benghazi? Hypocrisy much? Somebody needs to commit that loon before anyone else dies in that clans wake.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Just remember kids..
MSM admits it but Wikileaks proved it.

We need cool hashtag like #GoToJail. Won't be room for any muslim/ebony/gays/latinos/flag burners(that's sarcasm for the autistic) Sorry if I left out anyone. I also listed them in no particular order.

Watch Inside San Quentin. The republicans are with Nazis and democrats are prostitutes. New gangs like CIA and FBI shanking each other on tennis ball court. MSM rats on everyone for rations. Think just got idea for me next comic book. Thanks government!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join