It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canneto Di Caronia Mystery Solved?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Canneto Di Caronia Mystery Solved?

For many years the mystery of the Canneto Di Caronia fires have baffled everyone.It was one of the mysteries that never really got solved, although many explanations were offered up. It wasn't on the scale of the great pyramids, but still it was a mystery that your mind wandered back to from time to time.

I recently revisited it, and to my surprise, it seems that the small fishing villages mysterious and yet unsolved fires have finally been solved::

Messina, March 5 - Italian police say they have finally solved the riddle of fires in a small Sicilian fishing village that have kept experts guessing for the last 10 years, variously ascribed to spontaneous combustion, strange sources of electrical power and even the hand of the devil himself.
Police on Thursday arrested a man in the village near Messina in Sicily suspected of setting the spate of mysterious fires to get government aid.
Giuseppe Pezzino, 26, was arrested for allegedly starting the blazes that have baffled locals since 2004 with the help of his father, who was placed under investigation.more

After all the time and money spent, after years of scientists researching and looking for a solution, after reports of UFOs and paranormal activity, after monitoring the active volcano and proposing that methane could possibly have been the cause, after looking into every possible reason anyone could ever think of... it seems that we missed the most obvious reason there was..a human one.

Now I like a good mystery just as well as the next person. And often times many of them never get solved. So, when I found this I thought it would be interesting to go back and read some of the threads and articles out there before they discovered the arsonist. For me it's interesting to see how we got so involved with what we wanted the explanation to be, concentrating on the most impossible to improbable solutions.. that we never stopped and took into consideration the most simple one. (and by "we" I mean people as a whole..not ATS)

Anyhow.. for those of you who also are interested..the links are posted below to all the ATS threads and a few articles that were trying to solve the mystery of the Canneto de Caronia Fires. Please bare in mind, I am not in any way saying that what is in those threads was inaccurate..they were just posting what had been reported or speculated upon from the main news source at the time, which we all do. And at the time, no other explanations had been offered. So, there was actually some very good threads on the subject matter. And I appreciate the posters making them.. I learned a lot.

UFO and The Mystery
Spontaneous Combustion
Aliens are Responsible #1
Aliens are Responsible #2

Here is a few from offsite:

Double Mystery Unsolved
Spontaneous Combustions
Fires of Canneto Di Cannata data center
When the Devil Enters

This story also aired on The unexplained Files -

I still love a good mystery, and there are still plenty out there that don't turn out to have such a simple explanation.. but it's sometimes good to look at those that do, from start to finish, and see what it is that we missed when we were researching them. Why didn't we think of the obvious?

Thanks for reading,
blend57

edit on 9-12-2016 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57
Yeah , and we have the police as the ultimate say so......and it only took em 12 years?

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I know.. that is why I put a question mark in the title..but it doesn't seem to have showed up even though I placed it there...

So it looks like I was stating it as fact..sorry..

But if this is the official explanation for it..why did we miss it? Why did it become such a huge mystery that people spent so much time on..and everyone missed the arsonist aspect?

Up to you guys to decide.. it could be as simple as this..yet, why would even scientists and researchers and government officials be baffled all these years if it was..

Thanks,
blend57

added quote from article in thread:

Canneto, which consists of a single street positioned between a railway line and the sea, was evacuated in March 2004 after a spate of blazes. After months of inconclusive tests by scientists, authorities allowed residents to return to their homes. The fires then resumed when three electrical sockets caught fire. Villagers watched as geologists, electricians, telephone technicians and police investigators played cat-and-mouse with the mysterious phenomena. The dozens of scientists and researchers brought in to explain the fires - apparently caused by sudden rushes of electrical power - never managed to witness an outbreak as it happened and to monitor it.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
No , i was being a little sarcastic...no reflection on your title or thread. How did one person start all those fires ? In houses where people were at home? Electrical fires caused by switches ? I dont think it is solved yet. Question mark or not...

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I do not think that the Italian scientists, police and fire service are that stupid to have missed deliberate arson for all the fires. there were too many to have been started that way, besides the whole town would have to be in on it. I think that this is some-one trying to shoehorn a reason into the situation, probably they have never witnessed the event, just to try and justify the acts.

new topics

top topics

join