It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Releases His Plan for 2nd Amendment… Leaves Millions Furious

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

It's called a Cult of personality.

A cult of personality arises when an individual uses mass media, propaganda, or other methods to create an idealized, heroic, and at times worshipful image, often through unquestioning flattery and praise.

edit on 9-12-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Cult like behavior is typically very odd. Reality, logic, and critical thinking lose all meaning when concerning the object of adoration.

This is why I like coming here every few months or so to throw a blender in the water. shake people out of their complacency and make them nervous.

What I find odd though, is that all these people who act like cult followers are doing so under someone whom I never got the impression wanted to be a "cult" like leader in the first place.

You have to understand that there are a great number of people in the U.S. who have been led for so long......that's all they know....how to be followers. If they don't have a leader, they'll make one. If they don't have boots to lick or chains to stroke.....they'll make them themselves and put them in place. It's like a woman handcuffing herself to the bed saying "Do what you want".

There have always been followers and always will be. But it seems like lately people have taken it to whole new level.

I'm a Trump supporter but I'm not a Trump follower. I will support what he does if I agree with it, but I'm not going to follow blindly. Like The Boss said, blind faith in your leaders or in ANYone will get you killed.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
One of the most astonishing things about cult behavior is that the devotee sees themselves as perfectly normal; much like an addict. Cultist like junkies that have a disease that tells them "you aren't addicted, it's everyone else that is ****ed up."
A total inability to take responsibility for their thoughts or actions.

What I find odd though, is that all these people who act like cult followers are doing so under someone whom I never got the impression wanted to be a "cult" like leader in the first place.

That doesn't matter....like you said

You have to understand that there are a great number of people in the U.S. who have been led for so long......that's all they know....how to be followers. If they don't have a leader, they'll make one. If they don't have boots to lick or chains to stroke.....they'll make them themselves and put them in place. It's like a woman handcuffing herself to the bed saying "Do what you want".

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
It seems there are at least two videos with the same heading, this is another older,(by three days)but with a live stuttery commentary from the same dubious channel, and still nobody seems to know about who the peed on millions are. Pfff!

I am going to wait until their is a formal policy announcement before commenting further.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: kinglizard

originally posted by: dashen
It will be a far more polite society

Do you think a polite society based on fear of death is a healthy one?

It is a good incentive for people not to get too high and mighty with themselves, lest they wind up "full 'o lead"

Same reason most people are so nice to "police officer".

Now everyone gets to be a cop! A win win, right?

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

I can't watch the video but I can't see what people are angry about?. He isn't taking any guns so what is the problem?.

The democrats are mad because they want a gun ban.
If trump can get good laws on the books that allow people to defend themselves and block the democrats from banning guns forever the democrats will be scr**wed forever.

One law that has worked all over to lower crime is the CCW laws.
Every state that has made it easy to get a CCW has had a drop in crime.

Criminals are scared of getting shot.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: kinglizard

originally posted by: dashen
It will be a far more polite society

Do you think a polite society based on fear of death is a healthy one?

Do you think a society where criminals have no fear of repercussion or risks is healthier?

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
If trump can get good laws on the books that allow people to defend themselves and block the democrats from banning guns forever the democrats will be scr**wed forever.

I'm not so sure if this is correct. The Democrats' attack on the 2A has helped with several of their defeats. If they stop attacking it, they reduce the number of losing fronts they are fighting which increases the risk of them winning overall.

We need the Democrats to keep getting tied up in the 2A. It's like Hitler's decision to open up the Eastern front against Russia - doomed to failure, but instrumental in saving the world from a far greater evil.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
a reply to: iTruthSeeker
This is one of the main points that got him elected. He supported our 2nd amendment rights.

And rightly so IMO.

Anything else, from any other president (not going to mention Obama..) is close to treason, breaking oaths of office to uphold and protect the US constitution...i'm still not going to mention Obama, and deliberately attempting to subvert, negate or outright suppress or ignore long cherished freedoms granted to the Public under the US constitution, by any Publicly elected political representative, ought to be immediate grounds for impeachment and or criminal hearings and procedures brought against the offender(s) for being subversive to the US and the US constitution...i'm still not going to mention Obama.

All Trump is doing with this 2nd Amendment policy is what he is supposed to do as a US president, who is sworn under oath to protect and defend the US and it's Constitution against all enemies both foreign and domestic..this is a good thing folks, a really good thing.

Unlike some previous administrations i could mention...but i won't.

edit on 10 12 2016 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: olaru12

It's called a Cult of personality.

A cult of personality arises when an individual uses mass media, propaganda, or other methods to create an idealized, heroic, and at times worshipful image, often through unquestioning flattery and praise.

Yeah but so many millions can't be wrong.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join