It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Releases His Plan for 2nd Amendment… Leaves Millions Furious

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

This is the third or fourth YouTube slop-fest I've seen a thread based on in the past week. No actual information, just slop.

People are flagging it too. ATS has been really odd lately.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Yeah man, just curious how you "got there".

An argument could be made that extremist sharia law could be more forgiving than what you suggested as they have a rule book. In the end though a society based on fear of death is a society based on fear of death. I'd like to live freely where passionate debate, thoughts and ideas are shared without much worry, even if a wrestling match ensues. That society has a chance to evolve, create and grow imo.

Wouldn't you worry that a polite society based on fear of death would be restricted in it's evolution?

I know I'm taking this to the extreme but it makes for interesting discovery.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Got a source for these "...leaves millions furious" claim? Looks like sensationalism to me.

They were in the streets! Cheering! There were thousands of them!

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: kinglizard
a reply to: dashen

Yeah man, just curious how you "got there".

An argument could be made that extremist sharia law could be more forgiving than what you suggested as they have a rule book. In the end though a society based on fear of death is a society based on fear of death. I'd like to live freely where passionate debate, thoughts and ideas are shared without much worry, even if a wrestling match ensues. That society has a chance to evolve, create and grow imo.

Wouldn't you worry that a polite society based on fear of death would be restricted in it's evolution?

I know I'm taking this to the extreme but it makes for interesting discovery.

its not fear of death,
its the feeling of security that comes with 15 +1 rounds of .40 S&W available to punctuate a point in a necessary situation

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

This is the third or fourth YouTube slop-fest I've seen a thread based on in the past week. No actual information, just slop.

It's confirmation bias.

Currently ATS has a "liberals are evil and want to destroy America," and "conservatives are the new Founding Fathers," type mindset. Anything that's anti-Trump in any fashion is immediately shut down by either personal attacks/insults, baseless accusations (Hillary supporter, paid for by Hillary, no life, no job, obsessed with Trump, etc etc) or is considered "fake news from the establishment."

It's funny because anytime says anything personal about Donnie conservatives get bent out of shape about how it's "not right," and "tasteless," yet they continually go on about dropping nuclear warheads on innocent civilians ("let's turn that sand into glass") and how "the world is a bunch of hypersensitive babies that get offended at everything."

You then go on to offend them and they become a hypersensitive baby.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
its the feeling of security that comes with 15 +1 rounds of .40 S&W available to punctuate a point in a necessary situation

I guess there will be no conversation here?

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

It's confirmation bias.

Currently ATS has a "liberals are evil and want to destroy America," and "conservatives are the new Founding Fathers," type mindset. Anything that's anti-Trump in any fashion is immediately shut down by either personal attacks/insults, baseless accusations (Hillary supporter, paid for by Hillary, no life, no job, obsessed with Trump, etc etc) or is considered "fake news from the establishment."

It's funny because anytime says anything personal about Donnie conservatives get bent out of shape about how it's "not right," and "tasteless," yet they continually go on about dropping nuclear warheads on innocent civilians ("let's turn that sand into glass") and how "the world is a bunch of hypersensitive babies that get offended at everything."

You then go on to offend them and they become a hypersensitive baby.

I'm offended that you're offended.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

so, you are against peoples right to defense?

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

What you said had nothing to do with personal defense. This is what you said:

"Punctuating a point" is not self defense. That sounds like forcing a point through intimidation.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

"Punctuating a point" is not self defense. That sounds like forcing a point through intimidation.

A lil ol lady packing a big ol gun can punctuate the statement "back off punk!" rather effectively

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Only in the manner in which you describe. It's not my intention to corner you. I just wanted you to maybe think a little differently and give your honest opinion. The free exchange of ideas and philosophies are restricted in the societal paradigm you outline.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

A lil ol lady packing a big ol gun can punctuate the statement "back off punk!" rather effectively

If she has to pull a firearm from her bag to defend herself from a deadly threat, that is self-defense. If she pulls it out just because she feels the need to press a point with some punk, also known as a deterrent, that is a crime.

You do not pull a firearm unless you are going to use deadly force.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

I do not see anything official being announced from the President Elect's office, do you have another source?

It seems there are at least two videos with the same heading, this is another older,(by three days)but with a live stuttery commentary from the same dubious channel, and still nobody seems to know about who the peed on millions are. Pfff!

edit on 9-12-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: kinglizard

a reply to: introvert

well, seriously im not advocating everyone just waving guns around and shooting like a Yosemite Sam cartoon

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
lol yeah man that could be bad...

Thanks bud...take care...

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

well, seriously im not advocating everyone just waving guns around and shooting like a Yosemite Sam cartoon

That's what it looked like.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

That's what it looked like.

would be pretty fun though

the best part is where bugs calls him an introvert

edit on 9-12-2016 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

ATS has been really odd lately.

understatement of the decade.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Given that I live in an open carry state, and I don't fear death even though I do see people packing revolvers from time to time, I have no idea what you are going on about.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Cult like behavior is typically very odd. Reality, logic, and critical thinking lose all meaning when concerning the object of adoration.

A very interesting subject....cults.

www.psychologytoday.com...

Remind you of anyone?

It seems strange now but we ain't seen nuthin yet!!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join