It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rolling Stone Magazine: Trump is 'an unqualified man-boy'...'impending American fascism'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

As much as I support Trump, the magazine has a right to publish their opinions.

I remember the outcry when people "dared'" to pen something bad about Obama.

It goes with the territory.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
I suppose so if you consider putting the interests of the country he represents over the interests of foreign nations to be a disaster.

a reply to: introvert

It remains to be seen whether or not he is going to put US interests ahead of anything else. If we are to take him at his word, his trade/tariff ideas would drive prices up, or push demand to countries like China that create cheap products.

It's not in the best US interests to "build up" the military any bigger than it already is.

Time will tell, but if he does what he says, it's a disaster waiting to happen.

I agree it remains to be seen, but it is worth mentioning that tariffs can have the effect of boosting home industry productivity, and likewise growing the military does create employment. We are in danger of going off topic here my friend.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I'd say Rolling Stone has it right.

Trump is a disaster waiting to happen.

Clinton was a disaster past, present and in progress.

You are entitled to your opinion of course, but mine is...let's see how he does. Obama's brand of hope and change led nowhere but down for America (and wide swaths of the Middle East, Africa and Europe). Trump's message of hope and change is more commercially and security based, for America - time will tell.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

As much as I support Trump, the magazine has a right to publish their opinions.

I remember the outcry when people "dared'" to pen something bad about Obama.

It goes with the territory.

Maybe, but it's still got a rep for fake news.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Clinton was a disaster past, present and in progress.

Agreed, but she didn't win. So what does she have to do with this?

You are entitled to your opinion of course, but mine is...let's see how he does.

Do we have a choice?

Obama's brand of hope and change led nowhere but down for America (and wide swaths of the Middle East, Africa and Europe).

What does Obama have to do with this? This is about Trump.

Trump's message of hope and change is more commercially and security based, for America - time will tell.

Well, at least you admit Trump's message is just more Hope and Change. Can't believe people fell for it.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

(funny thing, Time magazines person of the year award was won by Hitler, Bin Laden and Al Baghdadi were nominated aswell. Bin Laden won it almost.)

Not funny. My mom is German, yesterday she said, in twenty years Hitler the man, and his policies will become fashionable again. Judging by the hate storm increasingly coming from the EU about Islam, that seems ever more likely.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Fake news = lies.

Lies are not new to media.

Lies in media have been around long before Gutenberg developed the printing press.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

(funny thing, Time magazines person of the year award was won by Hitler, Bin Laden and Al Baghdadi were nominated aswell. Bin Laden won it almost.)

Not funny. My mom is German, yesterday she said, in twenty years Hitler the man, and his policies will become fashionable again. Judging by the hate storm increasingly coming from the EU about Islam, that seems ever more likely.

I am afraid that your mother's twenty year estimate may prove to have been conservative.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

No one can predict the future – we learned that lesson the hard way

No. Obviously they didn't. Since losing the election, the Left has done nothing but spout Doom and Gloom, along with their spiteful, hateful rhetoric. That's why I don't pay attention to them anymore. Any of them.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule
If it turns out they are right, and trump goes all fascism on your fellow Americans are you guys gonna stick up for your fellow Americans or are you gonna go all Hitler youth.

My money's on the latter.

When You're Wrong Double Down Baby! Trumpism right there.
edit on 9-12-2016 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

a reply to: mobiusmale

Agreed, but she didn't win. So what does she have to do with this?

She was the alternate choice...so people had to choose for either a known disaster, or a guy with a 50-50 chance of being a disaster of a different kind - or a home run hitter.

Do we have a choice?

You did...the choice was made on November 8th.

What does Obama have to do with this? This is about Trump.

Only in the narrowest of senses. Obama factored into the electoral choice in that Clinton was the Obama-legacy candidate.

Well, at least you admit Trump's message is just more Hope and Change. Can't believe people fell for it.

Not sure I would apply the words "just more". It may be, we'll see, that Trump's approach will actually work for America - Obama/Clinton's certainly did not.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64
Exactly.

The same people that assured us that there was NO CHANCE of a Trump Presidency, and laughed at anyone with a differing opinion, are now 'predicting' doom and gloom because he won.

Its a great source of LoL's.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

originally posted by: intrptr

I am afraid that your mother's twenty year estimate may prove to have been conservative.

Hopefully, the western mission to subjugate the entire middle east is failing, EU denizens will sue their governments to Exit the EU, Europe as a whole will disband NATO and send the US packing, then everyone can go back to making wine and cheese instead of producing arms.

...long odds on that.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You would probably wake up one day to find yourself Russian.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Surely this must qualify at 'fake news'?

In fact, this article makes it seem like the editors of Rolling Stone are the ones throwing a childish tantrum.

edit on 2016/12/9 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

The same people that assured us that there was NO CHANCE of a Trump Presidency, and laughed at anyone with a differing opinion, are now 'predicting' doom and gloom because he won.

Some of those people didn't think you'd be daft enough to do it , but you did.
The doom and gloom predictions are a distinct possibility , when you let a bull loose in a china shop breakages are likely.

edit on 9-12-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
It is rather difficult to equate Trump with Fascism.

Fascism is decidedly left-of-center in terms of economics for one, and I haven't heard Trump come out in support of nationalisation of all major industries.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

No, disagreeing with it isn't enough to make it fake.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

1. But Trump didn't run on economics.

2. Fascism is usually placed on the right.

No, fascism is quite easy to equate with trump. Unfortunately.

edit on 652Friday000000America/ChicagoDec000000FridayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: stosh64

Some of those people didn't think you'd be daft enough to do it , but you did.
The doom and gloom predictions are a distinct possibility , when you let a bull loose in a china shop breakages are likely.

When you let a chef loose in a kitchen, egg breakages are likely - as are omelettes.

Trump is a proven innovative developer and builder, let's see what he can do with America (Congress, the Courts and the Constitution are there to keep him colouring within the lines).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join