It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rolling Stone Magazine: Trump is 'an unqualified man-boy'...'impending American fascism'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

We know Trump named as his national security adviser a man who, days before the election, promulgated a conspiracy theory about Hillary Clinton and sex crimes with children. (But not "Pizzagate," yet another conspiracy theory involving Clinton and child sex crimes – it was Flynn's son and chief of staff who tweeted about that one.) We also know that national security adviser called Islam a "political ideology" and said the religion is like a "malignant cancer."

No one can predict the future – we learned that lesson the hard way a month ago. But if you were to imagine what impending American fascism would look like, you couldn't place the pieces on the board any more neatly than they've been placed in the last year.

SOURCE

I think the days of Rolling Stone being "hip" are long gone. Being politically biased disqualifies one from being hip in my opinion. Before anyone calls me politically biased, I want to point out that I'm politically neutral. I have an extensive posting history that proves that.

The article linked above is mostly irrelevant or ridiculously slanted and even inaccurate information. I think it's noteworthy for being as brash as it is.

Incidentally, Islam is a political ideology. Its goal is world domination. That is inherently political. The characterization of Islam as being like a "malignant cancer" is correct in my view.

Muslim States Ban LGBT Groups From UN Meeting

'Selling' Children Is a Radical Form of Religion

Should we be surprised that TPTB are lenient on Muslim extremism?
edit on 9-12-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I quit paying attention to the Rolling Stones when they put the Boston Marathon bomber on the cover like a movie star. They are a trash rag.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Rolling Stone has been irrelevant for years.At least since the "fake" rape case

A Rape on Campus

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

yep their just a pitiful fish wrapper now. not relevant in anything they report on.

link   
If if if if if okie dokie

Unqualified has been interesting considering our president for the last 8 years was a community organizer and barely a senator.

link   
What this rolling stones you speak of??

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
What this rolling stones you speak of??

"The Rolling Stone" is a magazine produced in the US reporting on the Rock and Roll scene for decades (dabblers in politics, too). The establishment nutters always tear it down like they do any other unofficial source of information.

I dunno about this trump article or the status of the mag today, I do know that in the past, Rolling Stone Magazine was an alternate source of news for the counter culture of the day (read that more truthful) as well as the premiere source of information on the stars of rock and roll music, trends, bands, hit music, records, etc. The main stream hated it (still do, see replies here) because it used to thumb its nose at the Establishment during the Vietnam and Civil Rights era.

As far as milestones you weren't anybody until you were made popular by seeing your picture on the "Cover of the Rolling Stone".
Edit: Hunter S. Thompson used to write articles for the Rolling Stone, thought its not mentioned in the movie Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas or Where the Buffalo Roam, the editor for his work 'alluded' to in both films was the Rolling Stone.
edit on 9-12-2016 by intrptr because: further

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Its just another feministcentric rag, and like the movement it mouthpieces for, it has become ugly and facile.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I remember that. Disgusting.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I'd say Rolling Stone has it right.

Trump is a disaster waiting to happen.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
this song does mean much any more.

edit on 9-12-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
If it turns out they are right, and trump goes all fascism on your fellow Americans are you guys gonna stick up for your fellow Americans or are you gonna go all Hitler youth.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I think the days of Rolling Stone being "hip" are long gone.

That may be so but they are not the only ones using the F word.

In raising the issue of fascism in connection with Donald Trump and his movement, I am not suggesting that what is happening in the United States replicates in every sense what happened in Italy and Germany. Were a kind of fascism to come to America, it would not look like Italian fascism any more than Italian fascism looked like German fascism.

What I worry about is the moment when Trump, with an angry following that has no allegiance to anyone or anything but him, takes over the extraordinary powers of the American presidency. I worry that at that point our democracy will be in danger in a way that it has not been before. It will be fascism American-style. Or perhaps it will deserve a name of its own. But whatever word one chooses, it will constitute a threat to our democratic institutions.
www.forbes.com...

The first 12 months of a Trump Presidency will tell us all we need to know.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I suppose so if you consider putting the interests of the country he represents over the interests of foreign nations to be a disaster.

a reply to: introvert

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
as i said before, trump can't do much of any thing without congress. if he gets to crazy with eo's and ea's, as much as ryan and mcConnell dislike like him they will override him or just not give him the money to do them with.

and with out money, the alphabet agents aren't going to work for free.
edit on 9-12-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Doesn't surprise me at all. Their core audience tends to be left leaning. They are just catering to their readers.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The transition seems to be telling us already.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Lol
Yeah, Rolling Stone is a rag tag, Will Smith is not funny anymore, Robert De Niro is too old.. Everyone criticising Donny is pretty much worthless,right ?

But when Time magazine crowns Donny as person of the year than Trumptards make 2 threads about it.
(funny thing, Time magazines person of the year award was won by Hitler, Bin Laden and Al Baghdadi were nominated aswell. Bin Laden won it almost.)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Well, he is. I'm just waiting for his supporters to realize that. Sadly, they won't.. not until he does something so outrageously careless, or until he does something that directly effects them in a significant way.

Until then, there is nothing that will free them of the reality Donald Trump has suckered them into accepting. I wouldn't even waste the calories. Spend it on something productive; write a book or something.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
I suppose so if you consider putting the interests of the country he represents over the interests of foreign nations to be a disaster.

a reply to: introvert

It remains to be seen whether or not he is going to put US interests ahead of anything else. If we are to take him at his word, his trade/tariff ideas would drive prices up, or push demand to countries like China that create cheap products.

It's not in the best US interests to "build up" the military any bigger than it already is.

Time will tell, but if he does what he says, it's a disaster waiting to happen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join