It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The latest assault on internet freedom

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Anyone, even it is Trump, is wrong to censor free speech.

Glad to see those who lean left finally getting it.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: DBCowboy

But it's what Hillary, the MSM and Obama wants.

Nice to see you disagree with them.

Actually, it's Trump who wants to rein the media and the internet in.

www.csmonitor.com...

Timothy Edgar is academic Director of Law and Policy, Executive Master in Cybersecurity at Brown University. He served under President Obama from 2009 to 2010 as the first director of privacy and civil liberties for the White House National Security Staff, focusing on cybersecurity, open government, and data privacy initiatives.

Well he would say all that then . D Cameron had to sack his IT securityman at no10 , because he was a youknowwhat , yes he was , we're talking thousands and thousands of images , and , DC had to apologise in public for letting him have the job !
All facts y know - shocking isnt it

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ZIPMATT

This has nothing to do with the OP. Don't you think it is interesting that RT and globalresearch aren't covering this story? Don't you find it interesting that the first responses here assumed this was happening in America, not Russia?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

To be honest bud, ats is a source of endless fascination , and I don't doubt you are very often right . although some the others seem to think you a white house apologist or something . Its a shame yes that people dont always read the op or the thread before comments appear , let alone click the link . Some do so you're time isnt wasted . The reason they thought it was american is that Clinton announced a 'bipartisan' public and private approach to getting a handle on fake news , on the same or previous day to this thread . As you show , putin only needs a (his) signature and its done
Clinton aint that quick surely , and would Trump agree to it ? UNlikely ..

I don't suppose russia would really want to publicise its internal moves , especially as they did expect cyber attacks. I dont expect they have to tell anyone, and the regime holds popular support through Putin being there in power . If he saw the communist party off I can see why . I think the americans should have listened to his complaints about the throwing up of missile defence systems as if russia wouldnt know or worry about it . Did that state of affairs happen since the last russian elections failed so badly for the opposition ? Then he acting in his nation's interests against foreign concerns in his country , what else would we expect ?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
What others do and don't and Russia does and some internet sites do is white noise. The important thing is that democracry (or this far cry or democracy) is built on the freedom of speech and freedom of press. Without it there cannot be democracry. Weather most sites have site rules does not matter, they anyway mainly refer to being polite, behave etc. but not to what you post. Trump unfortunately is very unlikely to protect that, Hillary won't have been better at that. I expect that the free internet will be gone in less than a year.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join