It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pokemon Go... Anyone still playing?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   
im still hooked on this game... does anyone still play these days?

We have a huge update coming this month with 100 new critters to find...

There will be babies, and 3rd tier evolutions... perhaps 4th if you consider the new wee ones

mind you im not the regular player lol...

i never hit gyms... i have one battle and one win under my belt

i play for the augmented reality catch.... great fun!

Honestly (sadly?)

i get pretty damn excited when i see a huge beast i've never caught before... even more so IF i've never seen it before...

And theres 100 more coming!!

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Seems this stupid craze died as fast as it came up.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Saibotkram1988

lol not really... i still see people chasing them

its just a game though... people went crazy when it came out

A whole generation was brought up on this stuff... like G.I Joe, gobots, transformers, hotwheels and Heman was for mine...

Personally i didn't even know what a pokemon was... but its still a fun game

its a good card game too, similar to magic the gathering

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I hunt them but hunt them til they die.
Bagged a pickachu and my next victim will be a Jiggleypuff....gonna have to kill it long range so it can't sing me to sleep though.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I play occasionally. I was raised on pokemon and being able to travel around and catch them is a childhood dream come true, for both me and my husband.
I don't do gyms I just want to collect them, all of them.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   

*Snicker*... I hope this game goes away!

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

I was going to say what the 2nd poster said... that it seems this has died out rather quickly.

It was all over the mainstream News outlets at one point for a couple days...

Gone and i'm not complaining.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Well
My kids love it and I play it with them
Level 24 and being an Aussie I have a heap of kangaroo Pokemon monsters who people in other country's can't get, yay me

It's a game, you enjoy it or don't.
I don't understand the people who judge others for playing it

I am with you on this Ak, each to their own.
Have fun anyway you want

If you don't like it, why judge other people

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I'm still playing
Quite enternaining

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
It died out so quickly because the tracker system was broken and they pulled it from the app. When people started going third party for tracking, they started banning people, folks didn't like that so they stopped playing. That and a few other annoyances like never being able to find higher level pokemon and being swamped with Pidgey's and Rattata's.

I still enjoy playing it with my daughter. She LOVES her Pokemon. They finally put in a new tracker which makes things better. I'm excited for some new Pokemon's as I have just about found all that my area provides. There are a few that still elude us.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
hmm... hmmmmmmmm... hmmmmmmm. I did always say i'm done with Pokemon Go, but with another hundred on the loose (from Gold/Silver I assume?) the temptation to lay down some Ho-oh traps, challenge a Lugia to a game of fisticuffs and snare me a Rayquaza is quite strong...

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I never started, and don't plan to. It was a massive success, and boosted Nintendo's stock above Sony's, but the game will inadvertently stumble, and when Nintendo announced that, their stocks plummeted again. Apparently, Sony has their own AR games which are outperforming Nintendo now too.
edit on 9-12-2016 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

No. Tje game is made by niantic under a license from nintendo.
When ppl got told niantic was the creator nintendo fell cuz ppl sold nintendo.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I think that this fad died when the creepy clowns came out to play.

And then that fad died.

That's the thing about fads, ya know? They die, like our hopes and dreams.

edit on 9-12-2016 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Yes. Level 30, caught 133/ seen 142, >700,000 stardust.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I am not a regular player of this game. But I enjoyed it.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I thought it was a decent Darwin app. So far it is responsible for 12 deaths and many injuries (reported). Unfortunately not all the deaths and injuries were of the players causing them.

Pokemon Go Death Tracker

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I used to play every night while I walked my dog around town and up the wharf. But they changed something. I went from being able to play every single night, without using up my data plan, to having used it completely up within a 2 or 3 days. I had to stop when I started getting consistent phone bills for over $250, i need data for work, and every 1gb overage costs me another $15. I tried everything, but Go was the only constant, now that I've stopped, I didn't go over my limit. Has anyone else had an issue like this? It's really disappointing. I keep meaning to look into unlimited data burners so I can play again, especially with this update.

ETA:
And another thing. I hopped on over thanksgiving because my little cousin wanted to see my line up. The CP of ALL of my pokemon had dropped by hundreds of points. I had an Arcanine at 23XX down to 19XX now, Porygon at 12XX down to 900, 2 Polywraths over 2,000, both down to like 1,800ish now, Flarieon down from 26XX to 23XX. Did this happen to anyone else? My uncle said all of my cousins/his went up. That was really frustrating because at the rate I was playing, I could only do like two power ups a night because they all require so much star dust now that they're higher CP.
edit on 12 10 2016 by MDpvc because: Add

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Santachu lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join