It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Wounded Soldiers Forced to Pay for Meals at Vet Hospital

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kazi

I find the absence of Bush defenders in this thread, deafening.

I don't. You can't defend the indefensible.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kazi

I find the absence of Bush defenders in this thread, deafening.

what is there to defend? this is one action that any bu#es will stay away from... there is no justification for this action... so nobody should feel obligated, thru the love of bush (i love it also) to defend this action...
clinton started it, which was a bone headed move... and now Bush is accelerating the cuts, and adding lots more... which shows he is even more bone headed than Clinton was for starting it...

as to now... we all should write to our congressperson and make out voice heard...

I am going to suggest that we do the same thing as the consumer union...
they make a template for a letter that is pre addressed from a pull down menu and enables a "personallized" form letter to be sent very quickly via e-mail to the chosen rep...

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020
unmet needs....DO SOMETHING, other than shake your heads in disgust

Good link, spliff, but our armed forces shouldn't be forced to rely on the kindness of strangers. We as a nation owe them better treatment.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sandge

Originally posted by spliff4020
unmet needs....DO SOMETHING, other than shake your heads in disgust

Good link, spliff, but our armed forces shouldn't be forced to rely on the kindness of strangers. We as a nation owe them better treatment.

true true. but bush has proven time and again, that he doesnt give a rats a-s about the soldiers or their well being. if you listen to him, he thinks that they are all happy to be there and wouldnt change a thing...thats why i hate the guy. No money for the vets, but what did the inaug. cost? that would have bought a lot of meals at walter reed

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
we at ATS can change the world for the better... for those of us in the US
write your congress people and senators... tell them that our military should have our support, and to stop cutting benefits...
ESPECIALLY IF THEY ARE A DEMOCRATIC REP...
I would love to see a democratically led BI- partisian coalition of both houses make a statement to the president...
that both republicans and democrats think it is boneheaded to cut military benefits when we need more people to join the military.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
we at ATS can change the world for the better... for those of us in the US
write your congress people and senators... tell them that our military should have our support, and to stop cutting benefits...
ESPECIALLY IF THEY ARE A DEMOCRATIC REP...
I would love to see a democratically led BI- partisian coalition of both houses make a statement to the president...
that both republicans and democrats think it is boneheaded to cut military benefits when we need more people to join the military.

Did you see Bush asked for another 80 billion. why not a hundred billion. use that extra 20 billion for the vets we allready have.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I have a novel suggestion...
might even kill two birds with one stone.
Propose that the military overseas takes a voluntary day off, without pay... just one day... pulls up the ranks and goes to the beach...
then the military officials take this charitable contribution of a days wages and spend it one keeping all the VA benefits for a whole YEAR...
It shows that the military supports its own better than the administration ever will, and will show what effect (good or bad) not having occupying forces all over the streets, would have.
might even make a statement about the massive amount of money being spent before most people eat their wheaties in the morning.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join