It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington state sues Monsanto over PCB pollution

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I get that. We eat and drink and breath in DNA all day every day. DNA isn't 'dangerous', but chemicals that erupt from parts of a DNA's designs can be. SO I was furthering your point by unless there's some 'new' additional chemicals being produced that they themselves are dangerous to humans, then something being "GMO" doesn't inherently mean BAD, not human biochemically speaking, as 99.99% of anti-GMO propaganda would leave you assuming.

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Oh no, not chemistry!

That means chemicals!

PCB's have NOTHING to do with food or plants or GMO whatsoever.

The lawsuit has nothing to do with that either.

So why are you deflecting by bringing things like GMO soy up?

Deflecting? I was simply adding some scientific perspective to the point he was making. Most people see Monsanto and GMOs are all they probably think. I didn't even know Monsanto had the role in PCB's. Actually read my post before getting huffy & puffy next time. Yeah dude, chemicals. As far as most peoples little lives are concerned: everything that is ever was or ever will be = all chemicals (including air). A lack of chemicals / chemistry is known as a vacuum. Pour some of that in your coffee!

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

This GMO crap tastes like Mango, Chutney and Burnt Hair.. Here, try it!

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
PCB's have polluted the entire planet.

THE ENTIRE PLANET!.

And it has been proven that Monsanto KNEW about it and lied about it.

Now that would be one giant class action law suit...

In the end, Monsanto should be sued out of existence. But that is probably not how it will work out to be.

The "TrumpClown" wants to deregulate these businesses to spur sales and growth for businesses like Monsanto, to free them to pollute more than they already have. How dumb are some of you people anyway?.

People who have no memory or knowledge of history are bound to repeat it.

Keep "consuming" and living real life like in "They live"...
edit on 9-12-2016 by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

This reminded me of asbestos, so I was curious...

Through the 1960s Monsanto Chemical Company knew increasingly more about PCB's harmful effects on humans and the environment, per internal leaked documents released in 2002, yet PCB manufacture and use continued with few restraints until the 1970s.[55] en.wikipedia.org...

Yep!

There it is. They're done!

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I guess the 38 countries that banned gmo's were just wasting their time with that legislation.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

I love mango chutney!!

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: VinylTyrant

I guess the 38 countries that banned gmo's were just wasting their time with that legislation.

The GMOs are even better if You slug them down w/some of that great fluoridated tap water...

Imagine when they wreck Cannabis w/their gmo deadly "science".. Thats when I quit traveling to Cannabis friendly States...

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

The biggest travesty will be when cannabis loses its purity. I have to get some seeds for the future.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: VinylTyrant

74 countries ban homosexuality. 13 of those punish it by death.

Must be something to it?

Or maybe politicians aren't as science literate as you'd like them to be.

edit on 9 12 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I wonder if and how the Bayer buyout of Monsanto which happened in September 2016 will affect anything.

GMO seeds have been altered. That's what the M stands for....modified. The G stands for Genetically. GMO = Genetically modified organism. I can't see how in the world they would be the same as heirloom.

Heirloom seeds are not Roundup ready. Many GMO seeds are, specifically soy bean seeds

A genetically modified soybean is a soybean (Glycine max) that has had DNA introduced into it using genetic engineering techniques.[1]:5 In 1994 the first genetically modified soybean was introduced to the U.S. market, by Monsanto. In 2014, 90.7 million hectares of GM soy were planted worldwide, 82% of the total soy cultivation area.[2]

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 9-12-2016 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

GMO seeds have been altered. That's what the M stands for....modified. The G stands for Genetically. GMO = Genetically modified organism. I can't see how in the world they would be the same as heirloom.

Not all GMO seeds are altered to not produce seeds of their own as the plant matures.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

imagine when they wreck Cannabis w/their gmo deadly "science".

No one has ever been harmed by GM foods. No one.

I find it interesting that you folks will take the time to bash something you don't understand but won't even bother to read the abstract on a peer reviewed paper.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: StoutBroux

Not all GMO seeds are altered to not produce seeds of their own as the plant matures.

I never stated they are. There are a great many things that can be done to genetically modify a seed. Drought resistance, flood resistance, pest resistance, roundup ready are among a few things. Not all GMO is bad. But some of it is.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Not all GMO is bad. But some of it is.

Name one that is substantiated by a peer review.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Apple's/oranges

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: VinylTyrant

The point is governments regularly ban things that make no sense to ban. Especially when the evidence points to that policy being absurd.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

38 times over, I don't think so. The US is just behind the times.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

You have to either be a Monsanto spokesperson or have one hell of a gmo laden portfolio.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

You are a tool.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: VinylTyrant

I see you've resorted to the logical fallacies.

You think your position is validated because countries voted to ban them.

You think accusing me of working for a company I don't work for will invalidate my arguments.

Then you resort to outright name calling.

You could have done so in one post, but you elected to waste bandwidth on 3 separate posts, none of which are worth responding to individually.

Either go and read the actual research on these things or leave me the hell alone. I don't really care if you're a science denialist, but I won't let you and others spread stupidity with impunity.
edit on 10 12 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join