It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Epic Boxing Bouts.. Share Your Favorites

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

"No mas!" epic

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

MccLellan Vs Benn without a doubt. We watched it in the pub and it was like a roller-coaster ride. Jeez, it was brutal and we weren't to know the tragedy that would unfold in the aftermath. It was the kind of fight that would be unbelievable in a movie - it was like Rocky 4. Round after round without a let-up in pace; both men giving everything they had and a crowd riding high on the skills as well as the mind-blowing tenacity of Benn and MccLellan.

Apart from watching The Fight of Their Lives doco, I haven't watched it since. It was too much and the price was too high for either man. Mcclellan was left a physical wreck and Benn eventually turned to God and became 'Born Again' due to his sense of guilt.

Still, when you ask about 'epic fights,' my mind goes straight back to the pub that night and the emotions we all felt. So much noise and cheering; a great night. It was boxing in its rawest, most unforgiving form.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Chris Eubank vs Nigel Benn , they really didn't like each other which made for great fights.
They were both great boxers , here's a highlight video of their first encounter.

Makes me tired just watching it.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Amazing fight. The condition they were in was outstanding and how strong were those chins? I was always cheering for Benn even though Eubank had a superior skill-set.

They both had great gas-tanks and maintained quick reactions nearly all the way through. A lot of 'epic' fights slow down after R5-6 and have a few flurries of punches as the fighters catch their breath. These two stubborn, hard-headed SoBs laid it out there in search of the KO instead of technical point-scoring.

Exciting years for UK boxing.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I was big into boxing back then mate , as you say exciting years plus boxing was televised on terrestrial channels which made it more accessible , we had so many great fighters back then it was like a Golden Age for British boxing.

Looking forward to Dereck Chisora going down on Saturday , no class.

edit on 9-12-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
This Super Featherweight championship fight between Bobby Chacon against the champ Rafael "Bazooka" Limon was a brutal affair... 15 rounds..

If you are interested in boxing... check out this guy's channel on YT:

www.youtube.com...

HE has a lot of quick boxing genre clips... I have been enjoying it for sure

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Chisora doesn't rate at all.

I'd be looking forward to Joshua's fight much more if he was being matched with more of a challenge. If he's gonna be something big, he could do with stronger opponents and Klitschko isn't what I'm thinking of. Molina will likely be tough and no walkover. What do you reckon?

The heavyweight world is so thin right now that Joshua could hardly have arrived at a better time to be successful.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Boxing is my favorite sport. I'm sure you seen these most here is a list of fights I really like:

Lewis-Kiltschko
Smith-Ruddock
Morrison-Ruddock
Ruddock-Dokes
Golata-Bowe I

Golata-Bowe II
Douglas-Tyson
Hagler-Hearns
Mercer-Morrison
Ali-Frazier II

Holyfield-Tyson
Holyfield-Tyson Ii
Foreman-Stewart
Sanders-Kiltschko
Foreman-Cooney

Holyfield-Dokes
Holyfield-Bowe
Lewis-Tyson
Ali-Shavers
Foreman-Lyle

Many, many others but those are the ones off the top of my head.
edit on 12/23/2016 by Blueracer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtnTwo great middlewieghts

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtnI like these old fights as ATS will soon find out

top topics

<< 1   >>

join