It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton discusses the 'fake news'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
more abalony , oh.. not enough whales left ...
edit on 9-12-2016 by ZIPMATT because: fake news

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: SprocketUK

Are you denying there was lots of fake news pushed by the right and left during the election? heck look at the LOL and hoax forums full of fake news.

No, of course not.

My point was that this "fake news crusade" is merely a vehicle whereby those in power can stifle any real debate about the things they say and do.

Look at the whole Benghazi thing with Hillary, she wanted that to go away, but hundreds of people posted up discussions and leaked e mails that pretty much nailed her on that.
If the government had total control, the ability to label a private person's blog "fake news" and block it, then we would only hear the CNN or Fox side of things from the US (Or the BBC/Sky version in the UK).

Far too often "official" news is really an opinion, an interpretation portrayed as fact.

To turn it around, which bit of fake news really decided the recent American election?

My bet is that none of it did, people were contemptuous of both main candidates and what their press officers were releasing to the MSM.

With that in mind, why on earth would it be reasonable to censor people's right to information from whatever source they might want to get it from?

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Jail time

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Silly me.

Here I always thought it was her epic suck factor,non existent accomplishments ,lies, incompetence ,scandals, criminal investigation, and her ability to do the impossible and make trump look like the more viable candidate.

She is right!!! its messed up how these news sites create fake stories about her. Especially since she was under sniper fire.
Damn, fake news.

edit on 131231America/ChicagoFri, 09 Dec 2016 08:13:29 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

she can either hide away or come out fighting. The fake news so often turns out to be FACT news.
a number of revelations are happening at the moment (child abuse in football UK) and (Russia doping scandal)
hopefully the Clintons are next...

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

If I was a moderator I'd give you 25 free swear words for your wonderful dictionary definition of fake:

Especially since she was under sniper fire.

edit on 9-12-2016 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
snowden is fake news...

jail her please

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
If her fake news outlets didn't hype of her win, causing her voters to be complacent in that she will win then maybe she would have!

You got it exactly.

The false CNN poll numbers led many to believe that she had it in the bag.

I, myself, thought it would be close but that she would sneak it out.

Too many of her supporters weren't really comfortable with her and didn't vote because she had it "locked up".

If CNN had been reporting that she was down in the polls right before the election rather than saying she was going to win by a landslide, she would have had a higher turnout and most likely would have won.

The only "fake news" that did her in was the CNN polls showing her way ahead.
edit on R342016-12-09T10:34:42-06:00k3412Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
Question, why are so many people on ATS defending groups that make up crap to fling at a blog/"news site" in hopes some hapless fools pick it up on Social media and spreads it around to get either ad money, sell junk, or push propaganda?

They figured out that if the MSM can make money from BS then so can everyone else!
(I promise to have only beer ads on my channel)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Has anyone pointed out her couching the Lewinsky debacle as a "vast right wing conspiracy"? She would have had us believe that was "fake news" as well.

Just because news is inconvenient doesn't make it fake and just because it's politically expedient doesn't make it true. Social media is just pushing it on us at a rate that makes it impossible to vet with any journalistic integrity.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Has anyone pointed out her couching the Lewinsky debacle as a "vast right wing conspiracy"? She would have had us believe that was "fake news" as well.

Just because news is inconvenient doesn't make it fake and just because it's politically expedient doesn't make it true. Social media is just pushing it on us at a rate that makes it impossible to vet with any journalistic integrity.

This thread should be HOAX binned or FAKE NEWSED...She is a proven fake therefore anything she says is now fake.....She should ban herself and all threads pertaining to anything she passes off as fact should from now on be HOAX Binned.

Just my .02
edit on 9-12-2016 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
So much unintentional comedy. At least, I think it's unintentional.

Government by definition, is a freedom curbing enterprise. And it gets worse every year.

Do you want freedom, or do you want safety and security?

Pick one.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright
So much unintentional comedy. At least, I think it's unintentional.

I hope so, but the trend is more 'in your face' though isnt it?

Government by definition, is a freedom curbing enterprise. And it gets worse every year.

Do you want freedom, or do you want safety and security?

Pick one.

Too true, and that question could be one of those mega-threads!

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=21628391]yeahright[/post

Forcing choices at the expense of one right for another is abuse in a psychological form . We have a right to the maintenance of both the given choices .
Were you phoned up with this kind of tactics .

What Trump said I gather was he doesn't mind speculation , but the msm fake news narrative is what bothers him .
40 short days now , but Trump serving steak was outlined in Private Eye as being Dec15th for some reason .

Link for this thread : __both 2016 roastings at Al Smith dinner /youtube . He promised the msms big big trouble , maybe got a webcrawler for the creepy crawliest bits of this world wide web .

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZIPMATT
We have a right to the maintenance of both the given choices .

What adds to one takes away from the other. To believe otherwise is a delusion which will eventually bite you where you sit.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

Ok , take someone with a usernamen 'crazysniper' who mood is 'bloodthirsty' , then you got a point , the choice , do you neutralize threat with obs etc , or let the wolves mother the kids, in freedom .
You practise pragmatism , no probs w that concept.
edit on 9-12-2016 by ZIPMATT because: more balls

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ZIPMATT

OK so i'm a Limey but i reckon that Trump, being a buisnessman, will try to run the US as a buisiness.

Maybe that will work, nothing else has. you had a real democracy for a short time, until the big important families took over. In the UK the left 'free press' was held down for years, but now they are 'free' and we get papers like the Daily Star or the Sun (average readers IQ less than 90) spreading (oh crap) fake news!
It seems to me that, while early on these underground alternative news venues had something legitimate to say. But i see that more of them are in fact state endorsed. Like Alex Jones or (ducking) David Icke.

And who'se boat-race turns up on CNN regarding fake news? Geraldo. That poof.Sorry, cupcake, have to think yank.

Now follows the most serious attack on us ever; The cencorship of 'fake news'
Try that in Europe & the hackers will fry you, lol.

Now i really have to wonder, aren't we here at ATS trying to determine the REAL news from the FAKE news...isn't that what we do best? Isn't that not a good reason to shut us down?

Sites have been shut down, by clever trolling & other nefarious means i won't go into. But it happens.
Maybe ATS is too big for that. Maybe they got bought out. But while we have a forum to voice our doubts, voice them we MUST.

I do not think that ATS has been compromised per se, but there are all kinds of peeps here, if you get my drift.
Other smaller sites were wiped off the map for far less, i know that.

Stuff has been happening that i can't even talk about here, but it amazes me how much power the gubmint actually has. You should be scared, and i hope that ATS will continue to be the alternative forum for all of us.
But i can live without it.
I will be away for a while, stuff to do.
Carry on!
edit on 9-12-2016 by playswithmachines because: I have nothing against homosexuals, but i would like to see Geraldo die a horrible death live on CNN....

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Last post.

Some of you may be thinking 'how can you question these guys?'

Why not?

I see in all these peeps a driven purpose behind their message, it says listen to me, not the content.

Many, many peeps have lost their lives (or in my case, almost) because someone wanted to keep us quiet.

Nowadays the focus is on paid trolls to keep us down, rather than actually killing us, it's cheaper & more deniable.
But i happen to know that certain info is worth killing for, and as a result i have been undergoing constant training in not getting killed. I'm getting fairly good at that.
Many have tried, many more will follow.
I will, if i have time, drop a few more bombs.
Good luck to you!
LMAO Bye.........

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

edit on 9-12-2016 by ZIPMATT because: Elementary dear Watson

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

I can't wait until she disappears into obscurity.

Like she wanted Vince Foster to do?

that's awful!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join