It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Jihadists" living in Oregon, FBI says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   

"PORTLAND — The FBI knows of "jihadists" who have trained in terrorist camps in Afghanistan and are now living in Oregon, the agency's Oregon chief said in an interview with The Associated Press yesterday.

"We don't have an imminent threat that we're aware of. But I will say this: We have people here in Oregon that have trained in jihadist camps in bad areas. In the bad neighborhoods of the world," said FBI Special Agent in Charge Robert Jordan."

seattletimes.nwsource.com...

There is a fundamental major issue hidden in this story, can anyone else see it?

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   
yeah I see it. Why the hell aren't they in Guantanamo yet?
If the FBI knows who and where they are why aren't we using "agressive interrogation" techniques on them?

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Something is wrong with this picture...

And yes, I can see the hidden picture, it's in plain sight if one actually reads the whole article. Man they put in a lot of seemingly unrelated stuff, now if we can just help them figure it out...hmmm, they obviously need it.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Something is wrong with this picture...

And yes, I can see the hidden picture, it's in plain sight if one actually reads the whole article. Man they put in a lot of seemingly unrelated stuff, now if we can just help them figure it out...hmmm, they obviously need it.

HINT..............

" One of them was killed in combat; the six others returned to Oregon, where they eventually pleaded guilty to all the charges against them. "

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   
"Jordan contrasted the known "jihadists" living in Oregon with the so-called "Portland Seven," a group of seven Portland-area people accused of plotting to wage war against U.S. troops in Afghanistan. One of them was killed in combat; the six others returned to Oregon, where they eventually pleaded guilty to all the charges against them."

That talks about a different group, contrasted means compared to.
They are not the same group, for example-
"The middle school teacher contrasted her best student's work with that of her weakest student"

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
"Jordan contrasted the known "jihadists" living in Oregon with the so-called "Portland Seven," a group of seven Portland-area people accused of plotting to wage war against U.S. troops in Afghanistan. One of them was killed in combat; the six others returned to Oregon, where they eventually pleaded guilty to all the charges against them."

That talks about a different group, contrasted means compared to.
They are not the same group, for example-
"The middle school teacher contrasted her best student's work with that of her weakest student"

No my point was "Why were 6 KNOWN jihadist allowed to return to Oregon?"

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Prosecution or deportation, the state of origin generally has seniority. However I always figured it as a Federal thing, so it might be based on field office.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
No my point was "Why were 6 KNOWN jihadist allowed to return to Oregon?"

Perhaps they allowed them to return hoping it would lead them to cells in the US. The article does state they pled guilty so I assume they are now in jail and not loose, but that is JMHO. The article could have been written in more detail if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Ok, from what I have gathered, there have been holes in our security net. It is called a net for a reason, this seems to be a self defeating pattern.

Known terrorist cells and individuals have been within US borders in the past, both recent and more recent. If we take the information released, like the supposed "Chechen" terrorists who infiltrated through Mexico not even two months ago. Compare it to the known patterns and start over, this time from scratch.

If the media is right, and these are not just more scare tactics being used to whip the sheeple into a frenzy, (causeing a stampede), our government and police are not going to be able to go it alone. They usually have a back fall from the national guard, when stuff gets out of control. That isn't really an option right now is it.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   
i read a news report that stated the interrogation of these oregon jihadists would take place at the hands of bigfoot

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I heard it was in front of bigfoot on his ufo.

I could be wrong..

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   

"We don't have an imminent threat that we're aware of ...
we have people here in Oregon that have trained in jihadist camps ...

These don't mix. Jihadists ... not an imminent threat.
HELLO?!?! They have gone through the training, which
our country says is illegal ... they are now brainwashed
jihadbots just waiting for the 'on' signal.

Send 'em to GITMO already!!

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

"We don't have an imminent threat that we're aware of ...
we have people here in Oregon that have trained in jihadist camps ...

These don't mix. Jihadists ... not an imminent threat.
HELLO?!?! They have gone through the training, which
our country says is illegal ... they are now brainwashed
jihadbots just waiting for the 'on' signal.

Send 'em to GITMO already!!

Some one "gets it" way to go Flyer baby

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Bigfoot
I guess shoot him too if he is available.

new topics

top topics

join