It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Years: RIP Dimebag

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
12 years since the guitar legend Darrell "Dimebag" Abbott was needlessly gunned down on stage. You are missed and remembered sir!!

Dimebag Darrell

My personal favorite tribute video. If anyone has or can find a better quality version, please share or U2U me!

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Has it been that long already? Wow! Amazing how quickly time goes by!

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

This is the one from the album. Thanks for including the BLS track! This and Johnny Cash doing Hurt always get to me.

And yeah, has it really been that long? My hair is shorter... and grayer.

To Dime,

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The world will never forget this great man, talented musician. We miss you, Dime. Hoping you have found peace in your passing.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Twelve years.

Damn. Feels like just last week some days, yesterday on others.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
i was at a metal show the night after, and all the bands played Pantera covers. the finale song of the show all the of the bands got together and did f@cking hostile. it was great way to end a sad night.
edit on 8-12-2016 by cancerslug because: (no reason given)
i just wish i could have seen King Diamond with Pantera
edit on 8-12-2016 by cancerslug because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Wow, that long?

RIP

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I agree! Hurt through Johnny Cash is deeply moving.

The live version is really good, you can really feel Zakks' emotions in it. I know there is a better video somewhere that does it much better justice.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I never understood the reason why he was killed?
The gunman worshipped dime like an idol which makes no sense at all.

Anyway i heard besides being a amazing guitar player he was also a nice person who would buy his fans beers and hangout with them.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

From what I've seen/heard he was 100 percent genuine. He always wanted to be a rockstar but never had that ego problem.

The theory is that Gale was pissed because Dime was playing with Damageplan and not with Pantera.

murderpedia.org...

edit on 8-12-2016 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Wow so sad

Rest In Peace..

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

From what I've seen/heard he was 100 percent genuine. He always wanted to be a rockstar but never had that ego problem.

The theory is that Gale was pissed because Dime was playing with Damageplan and not with Pantera.

murderpedia.org...

Oh i didnt know that. What an a-hole not to say damage plan wasnt any good but you would think pantera would get back together in a couple of years and do reunion tours.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I think he was beyond any rational thought by then.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I saw Damageplan and Shadows Fall in Hartford during their 2004 tour. Believe it or not, my old band played with Shadows Fall twice before any of us had a driver's license. My mother carted our equipment around in a station wagon.

R.I.P. Dimebag

Good ol' mom coincidentally brought me to see Pantera when I was young, which turned out to be my first concert. Some guy that I had to sit directly next to was drinking and headbanging heavily.

He stopped suddenly, looked down and puked all over my left shoe. I couldn't freaking believe it. The dumbass looked up, smiled and started headbanging again. What the hell...

MTL

edit on 8-12-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Well how 'bout that? Something we can all agree on.
Dimebag Rules!

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Damn i was a freshman in high school when he died. Talk about bringing things back into perspective.

R.I.P. Dimebag

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

My buddy ran into Vinnie Paul in Vegas walking through the lobby of the hotel they both were staying in. He got a selfie with him!

To the Cowboys from Hell!

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I couldn't believe this when I heard the new all those years ago. I thought it was a prank because it happened on the same day John Lennon was shot and killed. Then I read the news.

Dime was indeed one hundred percent genuine. If he saw you in a bar without a drink, he'd make sure you had one in about two seconds. We used to go see Pantera at the legendary, infamous Joe's Garage on the west side of Fort Worth, TX. It was around the time "Power Metal" came out. I was 17 and Pantera was where the fun was. I mean they really, really knew how to have fun. You know all those 80s movies with the uber exciting parties you always wished were real? That's what Pantera was like.

And then they got signed and went on tour and DFW was never the same. I saw Dime after they got back from Russia. He bought me a drink. The drink was ON FIRE. I didn't know what to do with it.

It's also sad that Ab, Joe's Garage's owner, was ALSO shot and killed. One of his tenants (he was a landlord) robbed him and killed him.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: 4003fireglo

How cool! Awesome memory to have for sure.

Through some shady means, I was able to get front row at the last Ozzfest that Pantera played. Never thought it would be the last time.

edit on 9-12-2016 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I saw him at donnignton many years ago,I'm sure they were the loudest band there!

He was good man,shame his talent and love for life was taken away in such a horrific way

top topics

<<   2 >>

join