It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Van Jones’ PR Firm Working With Republican Electors Voting Against Trump

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Now it comes out that our old pal Van Jones formed a big public relations firm (Megaphone Strategies) earlier this year.

Jones is a CNN "CONtributor" and was an Obama advisor a few years back.

This is coming on the heels of an Electoral College member who has been shouting about not voting for Trump even though his State's voters elected Trump.

The story says at least 2 electors are talking about defecting their voters.

It's possible Jones' PR firm is steamrolling and is in contact with other electors in Trump winning states.

The story says at least 2 electors are actually being "represented" by Megaphone Strategies.

Megaphone Strategies has a whole bunch of Left Wing - Progressive "clients" listed on their website

Van Jones’ PR Firm Working With Republican Electors Voting Against Trump

A progressive public relations firm founded by environmentalist and CNN political contributor Van Jones is representing “a number” of Republican electors who plan on voting against President-elect Donald Trump.

Chris Suprun, a Republican presidential elector from Texas, garnered media attention on Monday after having an opinion piece published in the New York Times explaining why he plans to defect from Trump with his Electoral College vote on Dec. 19.

“The election of the next president is not yet a done deal. Electors of conscience can still do the right thing for the good of the country,” Suprun wrote. “Presidential electors have the legal right and a constitutional duty to vote their conscience. I believe electors should unify behind a Republican alternative, an honorable and qualified man or woman such as Gov. John Kasich of Ohio. I pray my fellow electors will do their job and join with me in discovering who that person should be.”

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Great, these guys don't believe in our system or representing the people who voted them into office in the first place.

The parallels to communism amongst of few of these folks are scary.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
If they think protestors/rioters are bad, they will see a real destruction if they manage to snake enough votes to overturn the election. I don't think that will happen. I believe the 2 or 3 talking are just butt-hurt they didn't get their favorite candidate to win the primaries. Even Kasich said they shouldn't vote for him. We will probably see more strongly worded laws about representing the voters of the states considering this election and that there are 29 Republican governors now.

At least we only have to wait another10 days to see the final outcome. I also heard talk about replacing these people with alternates. I haven't researched it, but it sounds like they have alternates like a jury does. And since the judge can replace a juror, if true there must be some mechanism to replace and elector with the alternate elector. When they betray their signed pledge to support the parties president-elect, that should be grounds to impeach the elector.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Great, these guys don't believe in our system or representing the people who voted them into office in the first place.

Which guys? Electors don't get elected.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Some states do nominate electors by public elections.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Tucker Carlson strikes again.

Smoked this idiot.

Published on Dec 8, 2016 Tucker Carlson takes on a faithless Elector who says he won't vote for Donald Trump in the Electoral College. (December 8th, 2016)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: reldra

Some states do nominate electors by public elections.

Most are nominated by each party , even during the primaries.These electors are chosen by each side mostly for party acknowledgement of their outstanding works within their respective parties.
What would happen , the no-vote or "faithless vote" would not make a bit of difference and that one electors political career would be over in that State

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

If America wants the molten iron rod up the exhaust pipe, the colon bursting, stomach detonating violation that a Trump presidency will no doubt be, if America is in the majority disloyal enough to its own constitution to permit that flaccid, walking, talking sexually transmitted disease of a man to lead it, then all I can say is that America should get what it asked for.

Not only as a matter of protocol, but also to ensure it receives its just desserts for being so utterly stupid.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

If America wants the molten iron rod up the exhaust pipe, the colon bursting, stomach detonating violation that a Trump presidency will no doubt be, if America is in the majority disloyal enough to its own constitution to permit that flaccid, walking, talking sexually transmitted disease of a man to lead it, then all I can say is that America should get what it asked for.

Not only as a matter of protocol, but also to ensure it receives its just desserts for being so utterly stupid.

WoW.....Last time I herd rhetoric like that was in 1776 when some guy in Britain was scolding the Colonies about voting themselves independence.....King George I think was his name or something like that. I think it's safe to say that some of his subjects were also pretty upset as well and had a lot of colorful words to say about it. Doom and gloom for America, the sky is falling.
......and the next day the sun rose and 99.9999999% of the people the world over got up, went about their work... no poorer or richer than they were the night before...... and they worked unhappily ever until the day they died.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Nice rant.

I suppose you could have strung together a few more juvenile rhetorical descriptors of the President-elect, but half a dozen or so is ample to demonstrate your mastery of disgusting bodily function references.

In case you missed it, it is no longer a case of "if" America wants Trump as its next President - it does. He is now the President-elect, and on January 20, 2017 will be sworn in as President of the United States.

To quote a great fictional American Hero, "Stupid is as stupid does". Let's just wait and see, shall we, if this electoral choice ends up being as idiotic as you suggest...or if Trump's detractors end up eating as much crow, in lieu of his actual accomplishments while in office, as the solid consensus of pollsters, pundits and SJWs were dining on, by the early hours of November 9th.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Even though I categorically disagree with your assessment, I must admit...your rant was pretty awesome!

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

LOL

I will comment when I figure out what that has to do with the subject.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Do you even know what communism is?

new topics

top topics

join